1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The officiating against the Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by diegot143, May 3, 2009.

1. huflungpu

huflungpu Member

How does China play into this though?

I feel like Stern likes Kobe vs. Lebron in the finals, but what about the gazillion Chinese who want to see Yao some more in the playoffs?

If anything the refs will be used in this series to prolong it. I think Stern himself once said that a longer series is better than a big market advancing. So I doubt there's going to be a sweep and the refereeing will get real fishy once it seems like a team is getting a lead in the series.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I'm concerned about this in close games.........

3. HookemHorns1250

And I give the same response as I gave on Blazers Edge. If that were true, Yao would not be 0-4 in first round series match ups.

4. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

I hate the Jazz like anyone else but they got robbed on fouls. They would have lost anyways but they still got robbed.

5. ImmortalD24

ImmortalD24 Member

The NBA would rather have the Lakers lose. Kobe is public enemy #1 since that Colorado incident and the Shaq trade.

They would actually make more money if Yao "300million+ viewers" Ming advances and plays King "leader of team usa" James in the finals.

6. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

While I am sure we get the poor end of the officiating against the Lakers... It amazes me that people use the conspiracy that Stern wants Cavs - Lakers in the finals for profits. Didn't the Cavs 2 years ago contribute to the lowest watched Finals ever?

7. jedicro

jedicro Member

Clutchfans: Where whining about the refs before a game has been played happens.

8. BornToWIN

BornToWIN Member

No doubt that refs plays important roles in games, but it is not appropriate to exaggerate their roles esperically in Rox vs. Lakers series..Because when refs defines the games, which means the game is close. But I think we need to focus on how to make close happens, if there is no suspense in the game, it will be just a waste of time to discuss on this.
    So I say foget about what calls will be made, do our job!

9. SpEnCeR

SpEnCeR Member

Rockets cannot let the officiating get to their heads. There will be bad calls just like there is every game. You got to bounce back and keep playing hard.

10. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

The first statement would have been true maybe two years ago...now its just old news.

The second statement however is interesting enough that it could be true

11. JoliePitt

JoliePitt Member

If the Lakers don't get the calls or Kobe doesn't get 20FTA, Jackson will start whining and insulting the city and people of Houston.

12. Landlord Landry

do not anger my cornholio.......
    [​IMG]

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

A big part of the Asian market worships Kobe and Lebron. Im sure there will still be gasillion chinese watching the finals even if houston gets eliminated.

did you know kobe jersey is the best selling jersey in china... more than yao ming

14. ImmortalD24

ImmortalD24 Member

Rockets: 29FTA, 14PF
    Lakers: 19FTA, 26PF

In LA!

Well there goes the "Stern want the lakers to win" theory.. Kobe isn't the golden boy of the nba, he lost his chance in 2003.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What about Tony Brothers? I thought the Rockets were destined to also play against the refs when he was on the floor. So much for that nonsense.

16. wekko368

wekko368 Member

First of all, dont forget that the Lakers intentionally fouled the Rockets down the stretch. Also, the Lakers were primarily a jump-shooting team tonight. They're not going to get to the line much playing like that.

17. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

they should have never bloodied battier. couldn't call it onesided after giving the tv that image.

18. diegot143

diegot143 Member

IM extremely shocked at how the game was called. I fully expected for the refs to start giving the game to LA but i was proved wrong. They called it fair and thats all i wanted and i know we can win. Maybe the fact that we are in the conference semis and the games get more attention makes it imperative that the games get called fairly bc if not there would be speculation. Either way im glad that i was wrong about the refs, i hope it continues, and go rockets lets win this thing

19. kanariya

kanariya Member

No blood no foul.

Lots of blood and still no foul.

IMO the officiating was fair tonight consider it's in Staple Center.
    They got many calls that I didn't expect that the refs would call, and we got away with some of the possessions. Of course except the ridiculous moments for Shane and the touch foul to Gasol by Yao that I got used to.

Can't complain too much. This is the NBA, where fair never happen.

20. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Hopefully that isnt the case. With over a Billion Viewers in China boosting up these ratings alone.