1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Once I get out of this coma...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 20, 2000.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

ahhh

It's another challenge. I just got finished
    guessing CriscoKidd's name with less hints,
    so this should be easier.

Red shirt with those massive foremans crossed at the belly, and, of course, no more
    hair than your idol.

Popeye, I really thought for a second my
    girlfriend's physical therapist, in the same
    clinic as Barkley, was you.

Bald, big arms, and last name....Poppe.

But when I told her to say she went to the Barkley he game, he said: "Did we win." sigh. Now, I have to start my Hardy Boys sleuthing all over again.

2. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Does the "Find Popeye" contest runnerup get two cases of spinach?

Mango

------------------
    The Serious Police are watching

Donate Blood

3. popeye

popeye Member

If you really want to make it a puzzle,I will get cryptic. This could be fun.

The root of spectator is worn proudly, as a rose is crossed and an open berth makes four from the floor very decieving.

[This message has been edited by popeye (edited April 26, 2000).]

4. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Good God!

Popeye, since you are around today, how about posting your comments about the latest Chronicle article (Rockets interest in Louisville/Vegas) in the Save Our Rockets category? [​IMG]

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

[This message has been edited by Jeff (edited April 26, 2000).]

5. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Hey guys... I would have loved to have joined in on this whole thread, since I was there, etc... But I did a full restore on my computer, and let me tell you it sucks doing that if you don't have a zip drive. I just now got my internet back on line, so I can return to the whole posting thing....

Also, I'd like to point out that when Rudy came in the bar, I did NOT run madly to him like a groupie. I was going to go over and say hi, and then I saw that he was looking a little frantic, at which point I held back. Then 3pointer, bless his soul, introduced himself as the representative from clutchcity.net or somesuch. Heh... it's cool, though... We had fun...
    I'm also semi-bitter because I thought we were supposed to be keeping Clutch's identity a secret, so I like, had to pretend like I didn't know him. Then I was totally looking forward to actually getting to talk after the game, but eh... Mac's will do it to ya.
    Anyway, it was definitely worth it to come down from Utah. To bad my Finals took a hit as a result. [​IMG]

------------------
    "There are three kinds of lies:
    Lies, Damned Lies, and STATISTICS..."
    - Mark Twain -