1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does there have to be an exact tie for co-ROY??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CriscoKidd, Apr 26, 2000.

1. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

who?

I doubt there is that strict of a dress code to be a coroy.

------------------
    Save
    Our
    Wizard

Step up and shoot it!

2. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

You got me. I can't imagine what sort of logic you used to determine that a tie in ROY voting (leading to co-RsOY) favors anyone. I'm constantly amazed at the thought processes exhibited by the posters on this board. Really. Amazed.

Not only that, but to use such convoluted thinking and then assume ANYONE else would understand what the hell you're talking about. Absolutely amazing.

This is a joke, right?

------------------

3. 3pointer

3pointer Member

Originally posted by Tb-Cain :

I'm constantly amazed at the thought processes exhibited by the posters on this board

It would be nice if you did not generalized, we happen to have some rather interesting posters in this BBS , you might want to go to ESPN or MSNBC's BBS and then you can make that comment. NOT HERE THOUGH

I will admit to one thing though , sometimes you will find a post that makes no sense what so ever but we are only human and we are allowed to make mistakes.

------------------
    What now ?

4. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

3p,

You're right. It should have read, "I'm sporadically amazed at the thought processes exhibited by some of the posters on this board."

[​IMG]

------------------

5. SpaceCity

SpaceCity Contributing Member

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a tie. It happened in 95 with Grant Hill and Jason Kidd and it also happend in 1970 with Dave Cowens and Geoff Petrie.

------------------
    RocketFuel is taking the summer off!

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

My guess is that, if an exact tie is required for co-rookie, the favor goes to Brand. If having the voting come close is all that's required, then Francis (as the trailer) will get the co-award despite being a few votes short. However, if an exact tie is required, Brand will win the award even if the voting is 51 to 50. Did I guess right, sf?

------------------

7. steve francis

steve francis Member

Well Tb,smart people like Juan Valdez understand exactly what I'm talking about. Is it really that cryptic, uh...Elton Brand is the leading candidate according to nba.com, and if he continues on that leading pace, it favors Brand to win the award, even if by one vote. If you didn't know that Brand was leading, you could still figure out that if only a numerical tie resulted, could there be a co-roy, if not one or the other would have to win. Man, do I see the IQ'S slipping away over here.

------------------

[This message has been edited by steve francis (edited April 26, 2000).]

8. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

If a team wins game seven of the finals by one point do we have "co champs" ???

I don't think so....Why would they do that with ROY?

And when do they vote for ROY? And when is it announced?

------------------
    The Chuckwagon came, saw, and threw people through windows!

9. SpaceCity

SpaceCity Contributing Member

Votes were completed and mailed in a few weeks ago.

------------------
    RocketFuel is taking the summer off!

10. Rocket Guard

Rocket Guard Member

This is how it works:

There are a total of 121 votes(I think its that,thats the total for the coach of the year voting),the player with most votes is the winner so if we want to have a co-roy there has to be a tie.How??some of the media members have to vote for a third player.Example:Brand gets 58 votes,Francis gets 58 votes,odom gets 3 votes and andre miller gets 2.In this case,franchise and brand are co.RsOY

On a side note,the voting on nba.com doesnt matter at all,if you go and see phil jackson won on that poll but rivers is coach of the year

------------------
    NEVER underestimate the heart of a champion!!!

11. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

Steve Francis,

Please refrain from posting run-on sentences. They're difficult for us to read and comprehend. Thanx. [​IMG]

-Elie#17

------------------

12. steve francis

steve francis Member

If there does, we all know who that favors.

------------------

13. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Steve, you're right. The IQs are slipping. Mine dropped 12 points when I read the phrase "exact tie".

Doh! There it goes again...

Please, don't expound on the concept of a "virtual tie". I don't think my quotient can take the hit.

[​IMG]

------------------