1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How about a Draft Party at Barkley's House?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kim, Apr 24, 2000.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I know this seems way far fetched, but let me give some points that can make this a remote possibility. I've been reading for months how all y'all talk trash and want a hoops tourny, recently a draft party. Also it seems like the times that Clutch and his crew chill with the BBS members, they have the greatest of times. We'll Barkley's House, Draft Day, hoops in his driveway; wouldn't it be great?

The man lives like 2 minutes from me, and my friends who live near him says he's damn friendly and hoops with kids. Can anyone contact him. And ofcoarse this is gonna cost money. But with plenty of people, getting I'm assuming $100-$300 ain't that far fetched.

Maybe Barkley moved out already. In that case, it comes down to strictly money for a 1 day rental- which can be treated like a vacation rental by the realestate company. Believe me, if a realestate agent can rent a house for one night between sales, he would do it. My dad's a realestate agent, maybe I'll ask him the procedure. Since I'm in College Station now, I'll get a friend just to go over there to see the house's it's status.

But as for putting it all together, IS ANYONE OUT THERE WITH THE ABILITY TO DO THIS? I can help a lot and I have experience in this field, but I'm sure I can't do this alone.

SO THE POINT IS RESPOND:
    IF YOU'RE INTERESTED?
    HOW MUCH MONEY WOULD YOU PAY?
    WHAT IDEAS DO YOU HAVE TO GET THIS TO WORK? CAN YOU HELP?

------------------
    Oldest Junior Member on the BBS (since June '98)

2. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

This idea is good and all but i think it would be better to do it at a bar or at someone's house or maybe in a party room at a Hotel b/c most people would not want to pay that much cash.

After your next post you need to change your signature

------------------
    ~John~
    With the 9th pick in the 2000 NBA Draft the Rockets anounce a trade with San Antonio. San Antonio will get the Rockets two picks and a player to be named later in exchange for Tim Duncan and Mario Elie. San Antonio is now on the clock.
    Houston NHL

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I'm planning on Griff's Sports Bar in the Montrose area of Houston. They have been AWESOME to Save Our Rockets and Comets and the owners are great guys. If this is cool with everyone, I can begin the preliminary preparations!

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I would like to suggest a place where underage members could go. Or at least ask for a show of hands of those who can't go to a bar.

...otherwise, Griffs is perfect.

On second thought, Kim's idea is perfect. Tell Barkley I'll bring the hotdogs and beer.

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited April 24, 2000).]

5. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Good point, heypartner. Any suggestions of places other than bars? Actually, I personally wouldn't mind because I don't drink, so ANYWHERE is good for me.

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

6. Johnny Rocket

I don't know Houstons Laws on bars but can't minors come into bars?

------------------
    ~John~
    With the 9th pick in the 2000 NBA Draft the Rockets anounce a trade with San Antonio. San Antonio will get the Rockets two picks and a player to be named later in exchange for Tim Duncan and Mario Elie. San Antonio is now on the clock.
    Houston NHL

7. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

Dang I'd like to join you guys..
    I'm only 19.. so I can't be drinking or anything.

Keep talking up the plans.. how many picks will the rockets have anyways?..hehe.. would we get bored after 30 minutes when the rockets choose their pick at 9? =) Either way.. i know it's gonna be loud here on the BBS.

"woah."

------------------

8. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Heypartner,
    When is the Griff's deal supposed to happen? That'd me fun since a fraternity brother of mine is a co-owner of the bar (Robert Martinez; also of Senor Ritas in the Rice Village). Please let me know so I can plan ahead.

9. Johnny Rocket

CLUTCH, you should create a new forum in the Hangout called get togethers.

------------------
    ~John~
    I need a new signature. Any suggestions?
    Houston NHL

10. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

heypartner thanks for that idea. i'm only 17 as u know from the ticket thing

------------------
    Shane
    "Save Our Rockets"
    "Life without basketball in Houston........without an arena that is what it will be"

11. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Johnny, in most bars in Houston, you must be 21 to enter unless you have a parent or guardian with you.

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I'm sure someone on this board knows how to make fake IDs... [​IMG]

------------------
    "Okay KG, next time down, you give Cousin Billy his turn, then he'll give Uncle Joe his turn, then we'll give Shaq a turn."

-Rudy T, in the Dream Team 2000 huddle

13. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

fake id's nah rockets aren't worth getting arrested over lol

------------------
    Shane
    "Save Our Rockets"
    "Life without basketball in Houston........without an arena that is what it will be"

14. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

Rocket Fan,

I beg to differ,..(although i may be saying that because i'm not the one to get arrested)

=)

------------------

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Go to a place that allows both Minors and adults...like Dave and Busters. Rent out the big room.

DaDakota

------------------

16. Johnny Rocket

Why do you think Clutch let LHutz back? He can defend us in court.

Huh?

Right.

------------------
    ~John~
    I need a new signature. Any suggestions?
    Houston NHL