1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The rockets, and multiple personalities.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Apr 25, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

On every night of everygame this season, I would find myself wondering. Which personalities would show up tonight. Would a intense Kelvin come to play, or would a lame-ass idiot come to stand on the court and watch the game. Would Kenny come and be the board monster that we know he is? Or would he come and brick 3's and let Kelvin out board him. (Ha ha) Would The wizard come to play or would he come to pickup cheap fouls and missed freethrows. Would The cat come to play, or would the hairless kitty show up and miss shot after shot. Would Fracis come to have a awesome night, or would he come to dazzle us with an amazing show of turnovers?

This stuff worries me, Before we can go anywhere into the post season, we need consistency. I believe Kenny, steve, walt, and Cat can be saved. As for Cato, god help us.

------------------
    7 years 42 million mistakes.

2. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

You know, we are a young team...

------------------
    $42million. 7 years.

3. WHAM!

WHAM! Member

some people might take offense that you capitalized a three letter word that meows and you didn't capitalize a three letter word of the name of the supreme ruler of heaven and earth. you might want to edit that.

------------------
    if you are reading this signature because you are looking for something funny or witty to make you chuckle you have been fooled because this is the most unfunny and unwitty signature ever but i find it absolutely hilarious that you've read it this far

[This message has been edited by WHAM! (edited April 25, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by WHAM! (edited April 25, 2000).]

4. Launch Pad

Launch Pad Contributing Member

. . . and some people may also be offended that you didn't capitalize the name of that supreme ruler's kingdom . . . but I'm sure they'll all get over it [​IMG]

Francis3422
    Now, back on topic, I'm with thecabbage on this one. You take a bunch of inexperienced players introduce them to a system (read: big man oriented) and then, drastically change that system (read: guard oriented) in the middle of the season and you can't expect it to be pretty. You have to admit that the team is looking better though (last 20 games vs. the first 20) and, barring any drastic changes to the core of the team, you might like the "personality" that you will see the most frequently [​IMG]

------------------

5. WHAM!

WHAM! Member

they can get offended all they want. the word, heaven, is not supposed to be capitalized. but many people find not capitalizing the other word blasphemous and sacreligious. i'm not amused with your "i'm sure they'll get over it attitude" nor your grin either.

------------------
    if you are reading this signature because you are looking for something funny or witty to make you chuckle you have been fooled because this is the most unfunny and unwitty signature ever but i find it absolutely hilarious that you've read it this far

[This message has been edited by WHAM! (edited April 26, 2000).]

6. 3pointer

3pointer Member

WHAM get over it ! Don't take life so seriously Ok... how about some people might get offended if you DO capitalize it !! how about that ??? didn't think about it did you ? [​IMG]

Anyways ! ... This is a very young team and as Launch Pad wrote all those changes caused so many problems specially because they had to relearn things on the fly , on the job training during the regular season at that.. so no wonder we missed the playoffs . Things are looking good though.

------------------
    What now ?

7. WHAM!

WHAM! Member

heaven is not capitalized in the bible. the K in "Kingdom of heaven" is capitalized. the F in "Father in heaven" is capitalized. i'm sorry that you are amused by this. it's not funny and i will protect my Father's name the best that i can regardless of your insensitive and immature remarks.

------------------

8. Launch Pad

Thank you, King James! "Heaven" is the name of a place. Names are capitalized. If it is not capitalized in your "bible" (a word that you conspiculously leave lower-cased), then that is more of a testament to the King James translation of a several 1000 year old and oft translated book.

Other things that are capitalized:

The word "I".
    The name of our planet: "Earth" (see your first reply)
    The first word of any complete sentence in the English language (e.g. the word "The" in this sentence).

You seem to think you're ee cummings, by never capitalizing any words in your posts and then you criticize another poster about his lack of capitalization? I'm sorry; that's funny!

If you really want to espouse the Christian beliefs that you would find in the Bible, maybe you should start with not being judgemental about your fellow posters.

Again, I will reiterate that this is not the appropriate forum for this discussion, so if you'd like to reply, start a new thread in the "BBS Hangout" forum.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Launch Pad (edited April 26, 2000).]

9. WHAM!

WHAM! Member

if names of places are capitalized then i suppose you would want me to capitalize "cow pasture". my first remark was intended to advise that a correction of an insulting typographical error would be appreciated. i'm sorry that others have decided to dwell on my request. and not capitalizing the first words of sentences or our planet is not blasphemy or sacreligious. i'm sorry that instead of being understanding and sensitive of my concern that you feel you must argue with me. if you want to talk basketball, then please do so. i never asked for verbal rebuttal.

------------------

10. SpaceCity

SpaceCity Contributing Member

I doubt very seriously that your god (God/GOD), or any elses for that matter, cares about our use of punctuation and grammar.

"Thalt shall not mis-punctuate thy name."

That must have been on that tablet that Moses dropped on the way back down the mountain!

[​IMG]

------------------
    RocketFuel is taking the summer off!

11. Launch Pad

ROFL Ouch! I think I just ruptured a kidney laughing so hard. You would make Mel Brooks proud [​IMG]

WHAM!
    A cow pasture is a place, but it is not the name of most cow pastures.

Here's an example:
    A house (notice the lower case) is a place. The White House is the name of a place. Any questions? But you're right. Let's just stick to basketball.

------------------

12. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

The belief of religion is based on opinion, criticizing someone's writing because of your beliefs isn't fair. I hate straying from what the topic is about.
    ------------------
    THE DEAN HAS WRITTEN

[This message has been edited by DEANBCURTIS (edited April 26, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by DEANBCURTIS (edited April 26, 2000).]

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What the Hell was the topic anyway?

(zat s'posed to be capitalized?)

------------------
    ?

14. Launch Pad

*sigh* Okay, first off:

heaven (usually heavens) = sky or space
    Heaven = place where God lives.

Pick up a dictionary of your Bible; there is a difference.
    You're not amused?! Don't worry, I'll get over it [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

My apologies to everyone else about getting off topic.

------------------

15. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

We dont have no crazies on the team anymore! Pippen and Too Sanwidthchis are gone from the team! Didnt Pippen think he was a god?

hooray!

Now I am going to type GOD!
    Blasphemy is a cool word.
    I was offensive once. Then I learned that deodorant is a necessary part of life.

------------------
    Save
    Our
    Wizard

Step up and shoot it!