1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Jazz 99, Rockets 86

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 25, 2009.

Tags:
  1. archinkent

archinkent Member

AVOID THEM IN THE FIRST ROUND AT ALL COST!!!

2. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

We played poorly and lost because the Rockets decided that they were the Phoenix Suns tonight for some reason. But honestly, you guys are acting like playing the Jazz is an automatic loss, and I am sick to death of crap like this - they are not as invincible as you people want to make them out to be. They are a good team, and beating them will take a lot of effort (which is why I don't want to face the Jazz in the first round - I think we can win, but it'll take a lot out of us.)
    And LOL at everyone going bring T-Mac back.

3. houston19519

houston19519 Member

That explains it :(

4. The Brian

The Brian Member

seriously, it was just stupid.

5. J-Tang

J-Tang Member

We lost all our momentum in this game when Von Wafer and Kyle Lowry decided to be cowboys in the 4th quarter and run two man fast breaks against 3-4 defenders. Not only did they miss, they also caused a reverse fastbreak for the Jazz that gave them easy points to open up that double digit lead.

The game plan should've been simple and we need to remember this one...give the ball to Yao Ming, have him do his work in the paint. You saw how easily he was getting jump shots in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. The only way they can guard him is with an offside defender like Millsap or AK to block his shot. Instead, our stupid guards insisted on running directionless fast breaks and left the whole team behind, causing Yao to have to assert more energy making up for our lack of defense in the returning fast break from the Jazz.

Main idea: our guards need to stay in the halfcourt offense, feed it to Yao, and run the play.

6. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

I hate losing to the Jazz, and Artest was horrible tonight... 9 games left though so hopefully we can reclaim the 2nd spot in the west

7. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

I count the days until artest leaves the team. Same with Wafer and Brooks. With these players you can't be a solid team, they don't have f*ing idea of what's basketball game.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nah we beat the Spurs remember?

9. xRocketsfanx

xRocketsfanx Member

Way to come up short for houston once again......I dont kno what is wrong with Artest but he needs to stop one on one basketball and play team ball his shooting tonite and decisions on offense were horrendous and Yao jus looked tired the whole night. I somehow knew they were going to lose this game.

10. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Member

The Jazz are just better than the Rockets... the end

They controlled that entire game. There was never a thought in my mind where I saw the Rockets actually making a run for the win.

It's almost like Utah is just toying with their record to make sure they play the Rockets in the 1st round of the playoffs hahah

11. connoisseur

connoisseur Member

One track minded Wofer was blocked to the death by Jizzholes. What a shame! I misss Landry.

12. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

The Jazz are our present day Mavs... We couldn't beat them and we can't beat the Jazz... So stupid

13. The Brian

The Brian Member

damn, i didn't know his lazy eye was that bad.

14. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Von Wafer is the worse player in Rockets uniform.

I'm willing to bet he shoots more than anyone, relative to minutes played. He comes in and within 5 minutes, will have shot the ball 7 times. He runs and never finishes.

There's a reason Phil Jackson won't give minutes to a selfish, stat-padding player.

15. ebu

ebu Member

Our bench is usually a big strength

today it was a weakness...thats why we lost

16. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

We always let them get the better of us but we never let ourselves get the better of them. :eek:

17. TheBigAristotle

Tank, tank, tank. If the standings stand the same as they are now, TANK so we don't have to play Utah.

18. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

Lakers a 1 seed, jazz 4 or 5, us anything but 8, 4, 5... and we have a shot.

19. jasona88

jasona88 Member

Seriously, someone should make a epic fail montage with all of our missed layups from just today lol...

20. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

this loss is on our bench.