1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[From Mom's Basement] The Rockets, The Recession and NBA Free Agency 2009

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Mar 16, 2009.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'd take Granger with almost anyone except Murphy and Dunleavy. My dream would Tmac+Landry for Granger, Murphy, and Foster.

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

dude, I didn't write it... I just linked to it and posted it here. I found it off of truehoop. That's why it's in quotes.

And wow insulting someone without knowing a thing about them is really intelligent. I don't think there is a person here who would say all I do is say how great Chuck is... unless they didn't know what in the h-e- double hockey sticks they were talking about.

Get a grip on your over blown ego and check your facts before you get all huffy.

3. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

Next season all GMs will spend their budget frugally. No rocket science, just a sign of things to come. For every peaks there will always be an equal period of troughs.

4. UofTOrange

UofTOrange Contributing Member

Didn't mean it as an insult, that's just all I thought I remembered you writing. Thought it was you joking around really. Sorry for the mis-communication.

5. UofTOrange

And my ego is pretty small, there was nothing I wrote that was ego driven, so I have no idea where you got that from.

6. Hayesfan

People who think everything is about them have an overblown ego. You immediately jumped to a conclusion that I was somehow bashing your blog. I am actually a subscriber at Dreamshake, or at least I was until this crap.

It would have taken you two seconds to check the link and see who the author was... and figure out that it wasn't me.

7. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

I read that Nash might be terminated early to save the suns $7 million. Sign him to a one-year deal?

8. UofTOrange

A couple of things:
    1. I had no context clues that it wasn't you that wrote that. I know you as "HayesFan" so how exactly was I to know it wasn't you.

2. I didn't jump to any conclusions, in fact, I thanked you (incorrectly you how it may have been) for reading. And then tried (unsuccessfully apparently) to joke with you about the few posts I remembered being yours on the blog (not here).

3. Given that I thought it was your blog entry, does it really not make sense to you that I would be asking that question about who it was assigned to you by? I was asking an honest question out of curiosity, not ego.

4. I assure you, I have ego about some things, but I don't take my writing or my blog serious enough to have ego about it. I write it because I love the Rockets and I have fun doing it. On the day the second stops (the first never will) I'll stop writing it.

5. Again, sorry for the confusion, but none of it was meant, or typed, with malice

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dude, sorry to pile on you, but she (I think she's a girl Hayes is a chick magnet) doesn't have to put any disclaimer she didn't write it. The context clues were there, signified by the "link", the fact that she didn't write an intro of sorts saying this is her work, and the "quote" word there in her post. You did jump to conclusions for assuming she was the one who wrote it lol.

10. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

pacers already have an AB type of player acually a an upgraded AB in TJ ford.

11. moofs

moofs Member

Nice article. Would still doubt that Granger is up for firesale like that, although Martin might be.

What exactly is the Scola kool-aid?

12. grungedave

grungedave Member

I can assure you that Lee does not have an overblown ego. If anyone who writes for our blog does - it's me. Then again, I'm not the one taking things so personal as to not accept an apology when one is given following a miscommunication.

Plus... how was Lee to know that a "Hayesfan" commenter on a bulletin board is not also the author of the obscure quoted/linked article? No one on either site uses their real name. And the "about the author" section doesn't give any more contextual clues that would have ruled out his initial conclusion of authorship (even if it turned out to be wrong).

13. Hayesfan

Let it go, I already have.

14. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

A lot of you make valid points on getting Danny Granger, but if I was a Pacer fan and management traded away such tremendous talent, it would leave a very sour taste in my mouth for years to come. Not sure I would even want to attend games anymore.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You're comparing Scola with Gooden? Wow. That's pretty insulting to Luis, IMO. No offense, but it sounds like you're comparing fantasy stats without looking at the impact the two players have on the court. I don't think there's a decent comparison. Scola never takes a play off, never misses a game, and has been averaging better numbers than Gooden, the more time he sees on the floor. In short, Scola keeps improving, is smart as hell (Gooden, to my knowledge, has never been accused of that!), and we damned well better lock him up before the rest of the league comes pounding at his agent's door, because they will.

16. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Kevin martin along with AB and artest.

Yao will never get the ball. Nor Scola and Landry.

17. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

Lol this is embarassing.

18. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

I'd take Granger on Martin anyday... the other guys mentioned, I'd rather do without.

19. Yaniv

Yaniv Member

Good points .However in my opinion, here are some fair offers we could get for T-Mac next year.

1. Trade with GS . T-Mac + Brooks for Maggette+S.Jackson+A.Randolph if we add Hayes into to deal we can also take M.Ellis along with the others .
    2. Trade with NO . T-Mac for Peja+Chandler .
    3. Trade with the Clippers . T-Mac for Baron+Kaman+E.Gordon .
    4.Trade With the Bobcats . T-Mac + Hayes for G.Wallace+E.Okafor+ N.Mohammed .
    5. Trade With Philly . T-Mac+Shane+Hayes for Brand+Dalembert+T.Young+L.Williams .

Money wise , it all works . The bad economy could help us land some big time players .

20. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Fixed. I honestly think we aren't going to get anything for McGrady. He'll be entering the age of 30. Just coming off micro surgery. I don't think any team is willing to gamble on him regardless of how his resume looks. Lets just add that he has 23mil reasons not to be traded away.