1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brilliant $250,000+ income earners

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Major, Mar 4, 2009.

1. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

The guy's a waste of time gary, don't sweat it. The idiot doesn't even know brownstones are in Brooklyn, not queens.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Here's a nice 4BR 3bath Penthouse Loft in Soho 4000sf w/4000sf private roof deck renting for 12,500, should I contact the broker for you?

http://corcoran.com/property/listing.aspx?Region=NYC&ListingID=1480575&ohDat=

PS If you wanted to live next to Peter Luger - you should have moved to Queens cause Luger's is in Brooklyn, genius.

I recommend Google citysearch or Zagat's next time before you post instead of just spouting random names.

3. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

I'm not a lowlife Democrat, I don't think I'd ever live in Queens. So I should start buying property in accordance to the nearest steakhouse? I guess that's why I live in Tanglewood. I'm down the road from Ruth Chris,Del Frisco,Pappa's and Smith and Wollensky!

4. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I propose a tax on stupidity. Let's make zantabak poor.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You wouldn't know where the real action in NY was if it bit you on the ass. There are incredibly nice neighborhoods in Brooklyn.

6. deepblue

deepblue Member

What the hell are you talking about, there are fix costs associated with being employed, things like child care, transportation, work attire etc. That together with taxes determines how much net income you bring home. These are very relevant to this topic. If your net income after tax and expense is 10k, a 3k increase in taxes would make a big difference on people's decision to work.

7. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

For All those who think $400K is ALOT of money, let me do a breakdown for you before I hit the gym

$400K pre-tax

Roughly $250K post tax

$20K per month is available

Mortgage on a $800K home with 20% down = $640K mortgage

Property Tax on $800K home roughly 3%/year = $24,000/year

$640K mortgage at 5% = $3435.66/month

property tax = $2,000/month

Maid to upkeep your home = $400/week or $80/day = $1600/month

Electricity for home that size about $1K/month in the summer

Let's not forget groceries,cable,internet,lawn care,pool guy every week

So running a home like that in the summer will cost you about $9000-$9500/month

Can my wife clean? Sure but she's too busy at work to do that.

If you make $250K post tax and pay $9000/month to upkeep your $800K home you are left with $11K/month to buy cars,eat out,shop,travel,save up, donate to charities. So it's not exactly like a guy with a $400K salary is exactly living on the Lifestyles of the rich and famous like you would so assume on this forum. By the way $800K gets you a run of the mill cookie cutter home in West University not some mansion or anything.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This has been an entertaining ride to zantabak's house at the Hamptons.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh my god. You are so ridiculous. You realize that you could BUY 1,000 sq foot apartment in manhattan and have a mortagage of about half of that???

400K is nothing in manhattan???????

You are really coming across as a spoiled, rich, out-of-touch ingrate. I bet you spend more than Sarah Palin on clothes every month, and fly around more than Al Gore. How's that private jet working out for ya?

Geez...this is what annoys me - is rich people complaining about money when average people are just trying to survive.

10. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Seriously. I've heard of "internet tough guys", but "internet rich guys"?

Hilarious.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

lawn care, pool guy? You haven't lived in Manhattan.

12. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

The guy's a fraud.

None of the people I know that are well off talk and act like this cat.

13. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

no worries, i'm just eating popcorn.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you are paying 3% Property tax you are getting duped hard man! That's ridiculous. And how are you paying a maid $400 a week - do you have her come in every day? Are you that messy?

And who has a private pool on a $800K piece of property in Manhattan??? Lawn care? What on earth are you talking about?????

Do you even live in Manhattan?

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Exactly.

16. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Maybe he is talking about rooftop lawn and pool.

17. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

That's the same reason I'd never want to win the lotto - I'd have to pay too much in taxes. But if I did ever win, I'd get the sweetest 2 story double wide you've ever seen.

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

On an 800K place in Manhattan. That stuff would be part of a building and shared expense along with all the other maintenance. The guy seems like a fraud, but unlike TJ or bigtexxx he isn't really as amusing.

19. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

To be fair, Zantac 150® says he lives in Houston now.

20. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

I'm a fraud, I'm just a 17 year old who happens to be able to post throughout the day while in school. I'm just a guy ticked off when everyone acts like $400K is the end all when money is concerned. $400K salary is nothing, the top 300 in the chronicle all took in over $1.5M I believe last year. There's just too many people who don't make real money and they hate people like me who do and say it isn't enough. I'm not sure what I've said to make you feel I'm 17 but when I argue in the heat of the moment like this I don't take time to really think about what I'm going to say before I do it. I'll make it easy on you guys, I'm done posting on this forum, it's just a bunch of democrats who want to to vent about life. I'm happy with my life and I first posted in the debate section to speak my mind on some Obama topic I randomly saw, I don't know how it's gotten to the point that I post on a daily basis. I joined this to talk about the Rockets with some friends because most night I watch the games alone because my wife is at work. I figured I'd meet some fun people in this town. I lost hope of that when I realized 95% of this forum was mad at life and/or succesful people. I guess I enjoy lashing out and venting at others and this site is a recipe for disaster with my mentality. Good luck to all of you, enjoy your president, enjoy your impending depression. I'm done with this website. You can celebrate, but you still have Jorge and Basso to deal with