1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Bobcats @ Rockets 2/22/2009

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

It's an intersting thing.

One would assume that the fifth-seeded Rockets would all but destroy the Eastern bottom-feeder team. However, many times in this season, the Rockets were put in their team by teams such as the Pacers, Knicks and (oh lawd) the Wizards.

I like the Bobcats a lot. They definitely have a chance to win this game. But, with McGrady out and Alston gone, and led by Yao Ming, I think we'll get a win, breaking our seemingly unending curse.

Rockets: 102
    Bobcats: 94

2. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

I hope everyone realizes that we have won three in a row already. This would be our fourth.

3. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

In those games, TSlack was generally playing. He hurt the team. He won't be playing on Sunday.

4. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Man our season has totally not gone to plan. The best thing that happened to the team was probably Rafer Alston getting traded away...

finally no more crazy 3 pointers and random teardrops popping up while shooting more than scola and yao...

one of the things I hated SO MUCH was Rafer taking more shots than Scola when he shoots almost 20 percent less

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

:eek:

6. rocketsmetalspd

This is not the team that with TMac would lose to below .500 teams. New team means better ball movement and with a day to digest the team's offense Cook and Lowry will contribute. Rockets will win 104-90.

7. dingaaa

dingaaa Member

well if tmacs out for the season that can only mean one thing ...
    another 22 game streak

8. Art7

Art7 Member

wafer 23

9. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

That means we stop our winning streak at Phoenix.

10. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

The PPG of Bobcats starters is in fact higher than that of Rox. They have the potential of beating Rox, not to mention they are the underdog with the mental advantage.

The whole team had been reprimanded by Larry Brown after the loss to Orlando. Most probably, they would come out hungry and play with much higher level of intensity. If Rox players took the Bobcats lightheartedly based on their previous winning records, that would be dangerous.

On the other hand, as an aftermath effect of the loss to the Bucks, I guess most people (including Rox players) is still pondering how the team will react in plays with sub 500 teams and that is a great "psychological" barrier in front of Rox players.

I hope they would start the game with defense intensity, protect the ball to prevent TOs and be patient to work out the flow of offense. Don't rush the game and treat it as Game 7 of a playoff game and they will win. Go Rox!

11. IndonesiaFans

IndonesiaFans Member

Do they have any center to defense yao? if not, then they will need 2 guys to do the jobs and it mean wide open for other rockets to attact

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Lowry gets after it on D, but going forward I'm a bit concerned with the Rockets defensive identity. They are now officially an Adelman team, no more carry-over Van Gundy principles to hold them over. Having Battier & Artest is good. Wafer, Landry, Barry, Brooks, thats a lot of rotation guys who arent good on D. Adelman gave the emphatic fist pump when he saw his OFFENSE working.

They have Desagana Diop & Emeka Okafor & Nazr Mohammed. Yao abuses Okafor, Diop plays him okay, Nazr is 6 fouls. Yao isnt the one to be worried about anymore. Scola & Battier need to step it up.

13. RocketKobe24

RocketKobe24 Member

Key matchup is the Small Forward spot

Ron Artest - Gerald Wallace

They are elite defensively at their positions. Both of them are also highly underrated on the offensive side of the end. G-Wall is extremely athletic though, he is similar to Josh Smith and Andrei Kirilenko. I'm looking forward to that matchup, especially when both of those guys are as tough as they come.

Should be a great game to watch.

14. llRainmanll

llRainmanll Member

this.

15. zzphilipjulia

zzphilipjulia Member

Make less turnovers, Defence and Move the ball well. Three keys to a win.

16. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

yea,can't agree more.
    I think Wafer is either too selfish or too eager to confirm himself,in the latest games,I havent seen him pass the ball to other teammates who have better shot choices.I think he need to calm down,passion is not the onlything need on the court.

17. NateNate

NateNate Member

off topic but the mavs were moving all day on their screens thats why the defense was lack. Also at the 1:42 mark in the game where bera (sp?) runs in and our the lane on picks, on the last one by dirk you can obviously see him grab Brooks causing him to slow down giving bera an easy layup. also a side note Clyde suggest we double bera after that play, :rolleyes:

18. Mornin'Call

Mornin'Call Member

win beautifully plz and.......... 360 Slamdunk by wafer :p

19. NateNate

NateNate Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.