1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[1560] ClutchFans on 1560am radio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 31, 2008.

1. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I love listening to someone who knows basketball. And Robert Reid knows the ins and outs because he's been there. I hope Reid never stops talking.

2. 24 in a roll

24 in a roll Member

where is that handsome and se*y dada guy when we need his recap :D

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Reid was dominating the microphone and got annoying after a while but I agree. Anytime a former player can offer interesting perspectives that you never thought of (like the equipment manager example) it puts a smile on your face.

4. worzel gummidge

You guys are harsh Robert Reid was fun to listen to.

5. NUMBER1HR

NUMBER1HR Member

I love listening to people who know basketball to, but for some reason he was just extremely annoying today. Normally I think he's great but wow, he wouldn't shut up today. Anyway, good stuff Clutch as always!

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I could only listen for a few minutes, but Reid sounded like he was one something. Very charismatic, though. It must have been a lively locker room with him and Calvin.

7. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Robert didn't seem like he's in tune with what's going on with this team. I understand different viewpoints but some of his points had no relevance to the team. Saying that Ron is playing like a skirt was way off base. I don't even want to know how or why he thinks Rafer would beat anyone on a full court sprint. I've listened to him before but today he was off his game.

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I think he was trying to get across that Rafer was a competitor. Didn't they say that last season he was out running even AB in sprints when he was challenged by not one, not two, but three possible replacements.

9. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Thanks,he lost me with that statement. I understood it as Rafer being an open court/running type of guard. Still I think we could all agree that Rafer is a competitor but that isn't as much of an issue. His FG % and inconsistency is front and center.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I've often heard that Rafer almost always wins in end to end races during training camp. The guy will keep himself in great shape, and he's competitive. For all his faults, he has that.

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Exactly. Rafer is a big time competitor. He always plays and is always gonna give you 110%, even when he can't shoot.

12. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

How about today Clutch, are you on with John Granato and Lance Zierlein at 9:15?

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

hey yeah ... thanks. I was just coming in to bump the thread. I'll be on at 9:15 with John and Lance.

14. rocketsmetalspd

Cluctch do you think the organization will keep TMac even after all the drama?
    That Marbury for TMac sure looks better now. I would try and get something for TMac on the 19th. 8 more days till.

15. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Great. I still think David and Ken are better, but it is still a lot of fun.

Will be listening, thanks.

16. rocketsmetalspd

opps sorry for the type-o. Clutch

17. 24 in a roll

24 in a roll Member

first time tunning in.

take us home mr. hardisty take us home!!

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Art Bell music...AWESOME !!!

Clutch, if you could discuss possible trades for the Rockets, and the Tmac situation that would be awesome.

Listening in....

DD

19. 24 in a roll

24 in a roll Member

20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Who is that lady, where is Clutch?