1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo: Nuggets Can Win 60 Games

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Jeff Who, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No, everybody knows that 60 wins is totally unrealistic. For him to say that is pretty dumb. He could have just avoided the question and said something like, "I don't want to predict number of wins before the season starts. All we need to do is concentrate on improving our defense and we can be one of the better teams in the WC, blah blah blah."

2. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Unless A.I. grew six inches taller this summer; that ain't happening...

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Wrong. Here's one of the 500,000 articles floating around online that can show you why:

As you can see your argument is wildly incorrect. Your worthless "guarantees" do nothing to help your cause either.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Was today opposite day? I forgot...I mean I didn't forget ;-)

5. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

i thought i had read this somewhere...

anyways, no way melo knew that chauncey was gonna come in and be a savior for the nuggs, but i guess he could be right in the end.

if they play at their pace right now (36-17), they'll get to 55 wins. they'll have to play amazing ball to get to 60. they'll need to go 24-5.

i didn't think they'd get anywhere close. they'll still probably fall well short of 60. but we'll see if his 'predictions' come true.

6. 24 in a roll

24 in a roll Member

will u get banned for diggin up old threads?

7. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Not if they are still relevant. in this case it was funny that Melo predicted this at the beginning of the year, and for some reason they are on there way to maybe achieve it.

8. roksoer

roksoer Member

feels good reading old posts making fun of melo

9. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I still don't think they are contenders...

Chilcutt

10. AXG

AXG Member

I feel the same way. I think they'll be a first-round out if they even make the playoffs.

11. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

#1 the posts were made when they had AI

#2 they're still not gonna win 60 games

#3 they'll lose in the first or second round

12. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

seriously? you think the nuggets might miss the playoffs? i guess it's very much possible to drop 7 games in the standings and drop out but wow...

i think if they get homecourt, they have a great shot to get out of the 1st round against anyone (other than LAL and SAS). they'll lose to aforementioned 2 teams in the 2nd round.

13. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

nuggets can win all the regular season games they want but come playoff time, a front court of Nene and Kenyon Martin scares nobody. A bench of anthony carter,linas kleiza and JR " Im on 1 out of 5 games" smith does not strike fear in teams. If we play denver in round one, mark my words itll be a sweep they have no hope of sotpping Yao and Ron/Shane can more than conatain melo/smith.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

We sure do talk a lot of crap for a team that loses to the Bucks, Pacers, and Grizzlies.

15. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

we do but we lose those games because Mcgrady and Ron stop the flow of the offense. When our offense loses Tmac like last night and we're a fluid machine, teams crap their pants when you have 2 superstars and a bench that goes 5 or 6 deep.

16. redao

redao Member

If we have even one superstar, we'd never loss to EVERY bottom teams.