1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Jocklife] Deke on Election 2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

http://www.jocklife.com/eng/news/redirect.cfm?sectionID=news/extranetNewsDetail.cfm&newsItemID=8847 (repost from BDL (edit))

I know Deke isn't technical on our roster, but he's still a Rocket as far as I'm concerned.

Thought it was interesting that it was his first election to vote in. Very cool.

#1 Hayesfan, Nov 13, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  2. conquistador#11

This should be reposted on every forum. When a great community worker and human like deke speaks, everyone should pay attention.

3. shakegod

shakegod Rookie

No matter the age,he is perfect big guy we need,his blocks,rebounds helped us a lot,also I want to see his illusory finger :D
    Wish Morey resign him soon :D

4. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

so is he registered to vote and still living here? the article didn't specify :confused:

5. Hayesfan

Yes he recently became a US citizen, which is how he could now vote in the election.

6. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

lol i know that part, i was more curious as to if he is living here locally (in houston) or if he was back in ATL.

7. Hayesfan

OH!! LOL I misunderstood your question.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Is it true that the Mutombo 800 number just received a call from someone identified as "DM".promising a donation upon his signing with the Rockets?

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

Man, I miss having the cookie monster. I hope he signs with us so he can keep blocking shots and wagging that finger. That would be awesome to have a true shot blocking threat come into the game after Yao takes a seat.