1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would You Trade Tmac For Rudy Fernandez?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rock418, Nov 10, 2008.

1. rock418

rock418 Rookie

at this point and time I would say yes I think that rudy f would be a better asset to our offense what do my fellow rocket fans think?

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

You're probably asking for ban

3. getRED2008

getRED2008 Member

yao+rafer+head for AI jefferson+mike miller

4. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

We need to get something for him. As it stands, he's our Stephon Marbury.

5. UofTOrange

UofTOrange Contributing Member

No, and I wouldn't even think about it. But Brandon Roy? Hell yes

6. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

wow, you gotta be kidding me

7. mms

mms Member

I think you need to stop drinking.

8. getRED2008

getRED2008 Member

shut up noob

9. rock418

rock418 Rookie

did you watch the portland game? the guy is putting up 15ppg off the bench.

10. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

The biggest troll I have ever seen.

I saw a guy who thinks we should trade t-mac for ginobili, I saw another guy who thinks we should trade T-Mac and Shane for #2 draft pick and Shawn Marion.

But you, you're in different class with these guys, you're world class bull-*hitter.

Applause!

11. rock418

rock418 Rookie

ok noob

12. entirelydave

entirelydave Member

I don't know. Doesn't sound too bad in all honesty.

McGrady is slow, broken and can't shoot to save his life. I like the guy but he just doesn't perform anymore.

Fernandez goes all out and doesn't seem to get injured every single game. Okay, that's a stretch. :D

13. tested911

tested911 Member

This will be 3+ years in a row of me saying to trade T-mac.. I thought we really had a chance in the off season to trade T-mac for Michael Redd + Charlie V. That would help a lot right now. At least his contract ends in 2010 when we will have a shot at some legit 20+ mil types.. T-mac is not worth anywhere near that kind of money.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yes, I would.

Fernandez is exactly the type of player that we need at SG.

15. jacuzzi

jacuzzi Member

But for that trade to happen, the GM of the Blazers needs to pick up drinking.

16. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

exactly. why the hell would the blazers make that trade? do the blazers organization not watch any basketball games?

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yep, and he'd also have to give up a lot more assets for the trade to work. And that will never happen.

But, in theory, if the salaries didn't have to match, I'd do that trade. It could make us better in the short term, because Fernandez is FAR, FAR better in terms of ball movement and player movement. And that's what we're missing.

18. NUMBER1HR

NUMBER1HR Member

I'll tell you this much, I realized over the last week that this team will never win with Tracy McGrady. Blame it on his knee blame it on his shoulder, blame it on whatever....even if he were 100% he wouldn't be worth the money he makes. Won't be long before this team loses composure and starts going off on each other. In my opinion, Adelman is not the right coach for this team if he can't seem to get this team to run his offense after a whole year together.....Chuck Hayes and Luther Head (nevermind, can't say what I want to say without cussing). This team will continue to suck and continue to play down to the talent of the teams they play until they get a big guy to help out Yao on the boards. Aside from this, I'm beginning to think this city is just cursed with our sports franchises. Keep cheering, I'm starting to get used to cheering for these overhyped teams not even getting to upset over these losses like I used to. LOL......Oh well.....

19. jacuzzi

jacuzzi Member

Hah, I think years ago, the blazers would make that trade. But these years, they are getting more reasonable. They got a pretty good young team now, I dont see any reason why they should give up such young talents for an old Tmac.

20. StraightG

StraightG Member

T-Mac will get health and productive, this team will gel, and will we be spectacular. The Portland game probably took a toll on an unhealthy T-Mac and he responded with 2 awful games. Dude led us to 22 straight wins last season and had a great playoffs. I think he'll be alright. Im sure of it. Even if we had a great game against the Lakers, it doesn't look like we would have won. Our other superstars were very sub-par as well. This team needs time and Shane Battier.