1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As a Rockets fan who do you hate more the Jazz or the Mavs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T-mac&Yao=RING, Sep 6, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Mad Max

Mad Max Member

The thing is, I started hating the j*zz even before the '96 series, which is when most long term (long term as I classify it to be 15-20 years)rockets fans really started despising the j*zz. Bottom line is, I know those who aren't rockets fans who absolutely hate the j*zz. I think the j*zz are hated by pretty much anyone outside of Utah.

2. ToyYodaSender

ToyYodaSender Member

I'm the same way.I have family in the other two cities so the Spurs are my 2nd fav then the Mavs a distant 3rd.I have both city and state pride and that why I root for the other Texas teams when the Rockets get knocked out.
    :cool:

3. threedigithomy

Even though i live in dallas i don't like the mavs, but overall i HATE the Jazz. Mainly because the jazz are so damn cocky against us and this goes back to the 90s. They still think they can beat us next year in the playoffs, i just don't see how (assuming we're all healthy).

4. hollywoodo

hollywoodo Member

I've hated the Utah j*zz since the 1996 postseason when their dirty play got the game 6 win. Rox played better, but Sloan's thugs pulled it out.

5. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

How come this thread has gone so far without a poll?

Anyway, I'd say the Utah Jazz is enemy #1 right now. They aren't even on the Rockets' level but somehow manage to do the "impossible" 2 years, back-to-back. I sure hope this year changes and in an embarassing fashion for the Jazz. It has to be brutal, physical, humiliating, and in 5 games, max.

I mean, the Rockets have to send them home bruised and injured. With an attitude...or else I won't be satisfied.

IT HAS TO BE HEARTBREAKING.

6. jxhworldwind

jxhworldwind Member

That's right! But I hate the team whose players have so much moucle!

7. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

I don't really think bad about the Mavericks. They don't seem to be dirty.

Utah is a team that is very dirty. That team seems sinister.

8. Albert Einstain

Hell the Mavs who are all absolutely idiots.I have never been there because I hate the city of Dallas. It's rediculous that a team features a foreigner, especially for the guy whose name is dirk damn nowitzki. I think Carl Malone should have swept all dirk's teeth off his mouth so that he would not had eaten up Pardgett in the 05's playoff series. :D

9. JoeZ

JoeZ Member

I hate the Jazz...They have always been a dirty bunch. I remember when stockton would get cheap foul calls on us. I still hate them because they always beat us in the playoffs!

10. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

At this point I hate the Jazz far more than the Mavs. Just looking at a Jazz player pisses me off, much less what happens after watching them play.

The Mavs are a bunch of pansies, and they are seriously on the decline. Really, the Mavs just make me laugh now.

11. rocketjim

rocketjim Member

tough choice, but i run into a lot of mav fans, and there's nothing i hate more than seeing a maverick jersey in the toyota center...

throughout the year, i consistently hate dallas more... that includes the cowgirls...

during the last two playoffs, i can't remember feeling more hatred for any other team, including dallas, than i had against the jazz...

12. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

the utah jazz... by far.

we just have a greater playoff history with them.

we beat them en route to two titles. they beat us in one year en route to one of their finals appearances.

they've now beaten us two years in a row in the playoffs. both teams are beginning to peak at the same time... again.

i want to meet them this year in the first round. i want to get the monkey off our backs and i want to destroy them!

13. jmr123jmr

jmr123jmr Member

You mean th P%$%Y Floppers! JAzz of course :rolleyes:

14. sittingDuck

sittingDuck Member

15. Eric_Rockets

Eric_Rockets Member

Jazz for sure.
    I am expecting to see we beat them every time we meet them.
    Rockets is getting unbeatable with Ron.

16. Albert Einstain

Nodoubtedly the Mavs is.The only mav I don't hate is jason Kidd who is helping yaoming with training(Another thread shows the detail) . Except Kidd, each of the other Mavs deserve the most annoying corse words and trash words.We had a big chance to break into the seacond round in playoffs of 05, but we were badly demolished in the seventh game of the series and had to go back home. The mavs shouldn't have won that series but for a magistrate whose name's first letter is d. That damn magistrate had been investigated by the FBI but no secret has been thrown light upon.However, the magistrate shouldn't blame for the whole crime because the culprit was Mark Damn Cuban. As we all know, we won the first two games on road and it seemed that we would win the series easily. However, all things turned 180 degrees afterwards. We lost the following three games in a row as a result of Cuban's off-court work. No need to say more,actions spead louder than words while money works more efficiently than hardwork. That's the reason why their games had been more difficult to win since the magistrate d was arrested.Being wealthy doesn't mean being great, it just means a series of gabage contracts and endless bills. Cuban has paid over 3m dollars for the bills from the league, but I bet he has paid more for the magistrates' preferance on Mavs.

17. victory739

victory739 New Member

Jazz! Go to hell!

18. Albert Einstain

Obviously you hate the Jazz more than the damn mavs, but I'm afraid you have ignored something that deserves our attention. Mavs are in the same devision with us while the Jazz is far in the northwest devision, and Cuban is nodoubtedly damner than the Jazz's owner(I 'm sorry but I really don't know his name) . It's true that we were beaten by the damn Jazz in a row in the past two years, but we had nothing to complain about because they actually played a little bit better than us( the devices of cheating the magistrates are also considered skills though). But the Mavs shouldn't have beaten us in the series of 05's playoffs but for the magistrate's assistance. You may get it if you have read the post ahead. Besides , Jazz is a team that deserves other teams' respectation even though Okur is not a respectable person.

Personnally , I have nothing againest the mavs but I just hate this team whose owner pay more attention to the works outside the court than those inside the court.I still believe the victory of that series should belong to us.Further, Kidd is still one of my favourite players even though he is on the Mavs. But I'm afraid he won't be gonna win a championship unless he walks to another team.The team that should go to the hell is exactly the Dallas Mavericks.Hell dirk;hell terry; hell howard; hell stoukhouse; hell dampire;hell all the mavs who don't know what the word "sports" means.

19. MC Welk

MC Welk Member

I hate the scoreboard.

20. Jazzhands

Jazzhands Member

"Impossible"??? Dude, we own you guys practically everytime we face off. This year will be no different. Get ready to see T-Mac whine and blame everyone else on his team for not letting him win, Yao fall down and break everything, and Artest take crazy pills and destroy any morale/sense of unity that the Rockets may still have lingering around on the team.

The Rockets will keep losing to the Jazz. It's not a fluke, we're just a better team.