1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need time to entertain yourself? Google Ron Artest Quotes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FFz, Aug 4, 2008.

1. FFz

FFz Member

Here's some good ones...

“It doesn't matter. We're family. Family's got to argue sometimes. At the end of the day, brothers still love brothers. Sisters still love sisters. But there's no girls on the team.”

"KINGS.com: Hey Ron, can you give a shout-out to all your fans on Kings.com?

Ron Artest: (yelling, wearing no shirt) Kings.com what's up baby! It's Halloweeeeeeen! What's going on? Where's your pumpkin? Pumpkin sitting right here. We gonna go trick-or-treatin. EYYYYYY!"

"Matt Lauer, up on NBC. You look like a girl, don't talk to me."

"It's like when you smoke cigarettes, you got to take that nicotine patch and break that habit. We've got a habit of losing right now, you know, and we've got to get, like, a nicotine winning patch,'cause, you know, we got to break that habit of losing, 'cause it could become a habit. So we're working hard, we're working hard trying to break that habit, you know? It wasn't easy for Snoop Dogg to stop smoking mar1juana. So we've got to keep on trying."

"Chris Rose: "Well, speaking of Kobe Bryant, the next time the Sacramento Kings play the Los Angeles Lakers is February 23rd. Any chance he's going to drop 81 on you?"

Ron Artest: "Why are you trying to insult me?""

"I'm playing like a frog. I've got web hands."

"I've never taken medication (to control moods) in my life. Doctors have suggested it and I say, 'OK, give it to me.' But I throw it in the garbage immediately."

"You break it, you bought it." -- Ron Artest, on having to pay for the camera he broke.

"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'"

THIS STUFF IS GOLD! Theres millions more! Oh man god bless you morey for making this summer interesting.

2. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

The Post-Game Show on FSN is going to be a heck of a lot better, lol :D

3. FFz

FFz Member

"I didn't hold up no middle fingers. My middle finger is crooked so it sticks out. Maybe that's what was showing." -- Ron Artest.

As a teenager, Ron Artest played in an AAU Tournament, got angry and knocked over two water coolers. He then told his coach, "I don't know what's wrong with those buckets."

"I hope not. It's not moving. It's sore, but it's staying there." -- Ron Artest, on the possibility of his nose being broken.

"I'm going to be one of the best. Nobody's stronger than me. Nobody can really stop me at my position. I can play point guard through (power forward) effectively. And I can shoot the ball and play defense. I have one of the most complete games in the league." -- Ron Artest, the man, the legend.

Just have to get this one in here...

"I feel like 50-years-old man." – Andrei Kirilenko

Back to ron (You're awesome ron!):

“I’m a little obsessed with being competitive."

"Some things you do—or you’re about to do—you can just be like, ‘Hey, don’t do that because it means trouble.’ So I’ve got to back off."

"You know, you’ve got fans and 99.9 percent of them are great—and .1 percent are jerks."

"There’s a lot of negativity in the world. I’m trying to be positive."

"I’m not afraid to take a fadeaway, take a three in transition, take it coast to coast."

"Jermaine reached out to me and made me feel comfortable. It took a while, but he was always trying to do stuff for me, for the whole team, to make us closer."

"You can’t judge a book by its cover."

"Until my legs break off or I get paralyzed, I can play this way. It helps me be me."

"Basketball was always something I felt I could dominate, something I could control."

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROGER!

Last but not least "I'm a Yao soldier boy!"

4. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

"It's a failure, what else do you want?"

5. rawool

rawool Member

LOL... these are awesome. Keep them coming.

6. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

“It's the first time in a long time that I've been complimented on my leadership skills. Partly it was my fault that I hadn't been complimented in the past. Maybe some people just weren't recognizing.”

“If there was a fight between the fans who loved me or booed me, I think the boos would have won.”

“They have to find a better definition of the ball in the stands.”

“I feel like Ben Wallace stole it. Well, he didn't steal it, but I feel like I gave him three defensive player of the years. I gave him one that year I got in trouble ... that year I was suspended.”

7. Cocainecowboy

Cocainecowboy Member

HAHAHA....man this is some funny s---........I'm not sure if his elevator goes all the way to the top, but the guy is amazing

8. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

And who can forget the time he asked for a month off during the season because he was tired from promoting his rap CD:

"I've been doing a little bit too much music, just needed the rest,"

Carlisle, who said Tuesday that the situation, "compromised the integrity of the team. It's a private team matter, and I'm going to leave it at that."

"I don't know what that means," Artest said. "They probably expected a little more; expected me to play every game"

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

"I hope not. It's not moving. It's sore, but it's staying there." -- Ron Artest, on the possibility of his nose being broken.

Now that's tough! Bring that kind of toughness to Houston too! All the sports.

10. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

“That's gonna be fun, ... I love the tension. I love when everything's going wrong ... In the NBA, they don't promote guys like me. They like guys who like Cheerios, good guys. But I find a way to promote myself.”

11. FFz

FFz Member

12. Cocainecowboy

Cocainecowboy Member

that interview shows how much of a tru warier he is...I LOVE IT...Yao and Tracy have a SOLDIER ON THEIR SIDE NOW...AWESOME..this is a must listen
    thanks!!!

13. Trojan

Trojan Member

Let's call him as Real Test, this is the real test for rockets!

14. SilentAssassin

"As a teenager, Ron Artest played in an AAU Tournament, got angry and knocked over two water coolers. He then told his coach, "I don't know what's wrong with those buckets."

I liked this one.... :D

15. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

He's either funny or crazy (Artest), every time he opens his mouth you expect a dungload of sillystring to come spewing out.

16. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

"Just like Kotex, I stop people up the middle" - Ron Artest. LMFAO

17. FFz

FFz Member

Is that artest? i remember it being dave as the one that said it.

18. carmichael dave

why yes, i will take the ownership of that line. but i released it to ron for use in houston :)

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

OMGZ!!! it teh carmikal dav!

[​IMG][​IMG]

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Welcome aboard Dave.