1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does the Artest trade make the Rockets look desperate?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDreamShake, Aug 3, 2008.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Desperation- a state of despair, typically one that results in rash or extreme behavior.

I can't see trading bag of balls and tape for 29 year old all-star caliber player as being extreme. Morey saw a bargain and chose to give it a shot. Once again the fear of a true contender that doesn't come from the East or West coast is so scary to main stream media that don't know basketball.

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

If I beat up a guy to use the bathroom, thats desperate. If I gave you a bag of balls and you gave me a bag of talent, whose the desperate one here? Funny how the guy never mentioned how DESPERATE the Kings were to get rid of Artest.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Exactly! :D

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ha, so if we didnt make this move, would we be considered conservative? I'd bet we then get bashed for that, if the rumors were out there they we were looking to aquire him(like the Lakers). But then again, you could say almost all teams are desperate. They want to win. "You play to win the game!" Just some Rocket haters talkin, but its all good. Dont come around our way when the good things come our way. Just remember, we were desperate.

5. yamazaki

yamazaki Member

desperate.
    [​IMG]

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We were desperate. All those years stuck in the first round, heck yeah we were deperate. And we got Artest! Yippee!

What's wrong with being desperate for a ring?

7. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Everybody know that they(media and some columnist) are hating on us because we're Houston. Guarantee if it was New York or LA Lakers that got Artest they would be saying how great of a move it is. So let's tell all those haters to "F" off.

8. hubie_30

hubie_30 Member

I think boston and LA were desperate with the garnett and gasol deals but if you call the artest trade a "desperate" move then you can also call a handfull of other teams like the lakers "WESTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS" desperate.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That's a 100% fact. The only way to shut them up is by winning.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

This team is now confident enough to not give a **** how sportwrters think they look.

11. MONON

MONON Member

That just about describes Artest to a "T" :eek: plus the fact he's 1 heck of a basketball player. :D

12. csux

csux Rookie

2 pages without a single picture/mention of desperate house wives. damn

13. HAKEEM4EVER

HAKEEM4EVER Member

AWESOME PIC! :D

14. Dei

Dei Member

Where they playin'? They're both away...

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Desperate to win a championship? Yes

16. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

I dont think the sportswriters who see the downside of trading for Artest are haters. The reason they think the Rockets are desperate is because this appears to be a one year fix, hardly anyone denies Artest will help next season.

A lot of other teams were thinking the same thing because of the contract year, but only a desperate team would want to build the foundation of their team on a head case, thats why he comes so cheap. Artest is a gamble worth taking for next season, after that... who knows ?

17. Precision340

Precision340 Member

I agree.. Morey should be in jail right now.. Artest was a STEAL.. God forbid if it doesn't work out with Artest we will still have our main core from last year

18. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

They should be desperate. Tracy has 2 high quality yrs plus 2 good yrs and yao is about the same unless he gives up the summer ball. People shouldnt look at their age as hitting their prime. They are there and its a matter of how long the ball can stay up, but its going down hill real soon.

19. Gwill88

Gwill88 Member

Very nicely said!

20. abita

abita Member

sorry, they are idiots and they wont quit