1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's Morey up to? (Artest trade)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DrNuegebauer, Aug 2, 2008.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

aelliott is in his own league, really. There's also NIKEstrad.

2. Albert Einstain

I think morey is looking for a 3&1 or even 4&1 trade.Now that we have too many rosters on our list,morey will have to either cut off some or made several&1 deals.As shane and rafer are untradable,there will really be some minor trades instead of huge trades in the offseason to be excuted.

Despite our pg problem,i think morey's next step is to find yao's backup.Yao is a great center but no one can guarantee that he will be able to attend all the 82 games in the upcoming season.Further ,yao had suffered from injury in the past two seasons and missed nearly a quarter of the games as a result.What's worse,yao has to paticipate in the Olympics in this summer,and the fatigue from the olympics may attribute to his injury.Deke is a good backup center but he is 42 now,after all we need another center besides deke and yao,even we ignore deke's age and yao's crispe foot.Whoever the potential center will be ,that'll actually be a minor trade.

3. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

Morey probably is through trading for now. Mutumbo is the perfect back-up at center for a playoff bound team. There is no back-up center available that you would want to log major playing time even if Yao went down.
    At pg, with Steve and Brent available,the Rockets are deep in playoff caliber back-ups.
    As for 3 for 1 and 4 for 1 deals with guys who will be cut anyway, well, it's not going to happen. As for me , I say no more trades, this is an exellent team with or without Artest, lets not change that.

4. GoldenChild*

GoldenChild* Member

lets trade for zaza!!
    something like head, hayes and novak for zaza.

or maybe, trade mcgrady and brooks for baron davis and camby. ;)

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

heh, I can't believe I forgot NIKE, he's my boy.

we share an everlastin man-crush on Bob Sura. :D

6. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

I am with you here. He was critical n the streak with his 3 pt shotting. I believe the minutes wore him out after the streak ended, and I am still hoping Franics will make his present know this season. I know a lot of people have him down and he hasn't shown much to believe he can do it the last three years, but I weigh in his injuries as part of the reason.

If he is healthy this year he can add to Rafer's success. Plus he is playing for his possible last contract of his career so if he will ever be motivated to succeed it is this year.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

On the subject of Morey, think of the 2003-2004 Steve Francis and how the team has changed around him, thanks in large part to Morey. UPGRADE, ANYONE?

Francis-->Francis
    Mobley-->T-Mac
    J. Jackson-->Artest
    Taylor-->Scola
    Yao-->Yao

Cato-->Dorsey
    Weatherspoon-->Hayes
    Piatkowski-->Barry
    M. Jackson-->Alston
    Nachbar-->Novak
    Padgett-->Battier
    A. Griffin-->Brooks

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I mostly agree with ya! But (taking the youth movement idea) why would they trade Singletary if that's the case? PG is clearly their weakest position, and Singletary is a young guy who can score at the position - why not play him!

Could be that we're waiving him and they pick him back up? They do have 15 paid players after this trade (Bobby Brown being one of them - not sure his contract would be overly secure...)

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Don't leave Mango out. aelliot is in his own league like you said without a doubt.

10. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Bobby Brown IS the reason why Sacramento was comfortable dumping Singletary for salary cap purposes. He was this year's version of John Lucas III and Aaron Brooks in the summer leagues; and the Kings rewarded him with a two-year, fully guaranteed contract. With the addition of Bobby Jackson, the Kings now have 3 PGs with fully-guaranteed deals for next year (Udrih, Jackson, Brown). Singletary and his only partially guaranteed deal were expendable.

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

Singletary seemingly had a mostly ordinary Summer League and a lot of the media had been saying he was drafted too high even before that.

Brown on the other hand...
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3502700
    http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/1111109.html

12. TASty SKY

TASty SKY Member

I regard it will never happen. Hinrich is a valuable player and Chicago is not a team in rebuilding.you can find it that all the wanderful transaction happend with one team want to rebuild in 2009 or 2010.And with artest's coming Rafer Alston's duty is psss some great ball to Yao ,T-MAC,and artest.
    and ignore the attack ,All the energy input to the defense.I think he can do it more better than before.
    And we need a transaction,that to seek a good Bench.we all know the health is our bigest enemy . is that right?[/
    B] :cool: