1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Steve Francis status for next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zacatecas, Jul 17, 2008.

?

What Role do you see Steve taking at his peak next season?

1. He becomes the starter (starting 5)

78 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. He becomes a key reserve (part of 8 man rotation)

279 vote(s)
    37.9%
  3. He plays sparingly (part of 10 or 12 man rotation)

139 vote(s)
    18.9%
  4. Gets burried at benche's end for his tradeable contract

159 vote(s)
    21.6%
  5. Gets waived before end of season

82 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

We can rebuild him. We have the technology.

2. csux

csux Rookie

:D Terminator SF-3!

[photo shop request/]

3. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Franchise is coming back. The PHX game was just a little taste of things to come.

4. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

5. Galaksy

Galaksy Member

I wish he could really play the whole season + playoffs next year :(

6. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e2Sx2QlDqao&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e2Sx2QlDqao&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Looking at this video this was the "overweight,out of shape,injured,washed up" Stevie Francis going up high for a sick putback dunk,hustling like crazy defensively and offensively. Pulling off stuff like he did in the little that he played, why isn't anyone putting the math formula together. Steve Francis - injury that held him back = SUCCESS!

His last few games his injury got the best of him at the worst time...him STARTING. He had awful games in the starting lineup and then he decided that he had gone far enough trying to avoid surgery and still play. His quad was holding him back on the court and he needed it fixed. Even then he was playing real good up until then with a more mature game. Yall should take a look at the blowout vs Denver last year which Francis sparked up. Francis is anything but done. Injury free, he's going to do what he should've done last year, make Rafer HIS BACKUP.

7. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I wonder why all people are signing him off already?

It maybe a longshot but Steve Francis is himself and with coming back to his original shape he can be a very important contributor on Rockets team.

Does anyone remember the posts of members saying if we had Francis we would be unstoppable.
    Well the same people are bashing him now, I still have faith in him, after all he's coming from very serious injuries and most important he knows the city of Houston, organization , people love him, I suppose he's a good teammate and can bring veteran skills to the team.

8. csux

csux Rookie

he's kind of like stephon marbury i guess.

9. Cocainecowboy

Cocainecowboy Member

Steve Francis will return and be a valuable asset to the team. He has been working hard on his game and rehabing, he was at Toyota Center this summer working out before summer league.

I actually saw Steve at a downtown social gathering spot about a week ago, he said he PLANS on being back with the team and making a substantial contribution. I think he can and will do it!!!

STEVE FRANCIS IS THE THIRD SCORING OPTION
    -----------------------

10. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

How did he look? Rumors are he looks fat.

P.S. You can put that thing about Steve Francis in your signature so you don't have to type it every time if you don't want to...

11. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Yes, but not with the same salaires.

Marbury earns like Kobe Bryant I think.

12. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

CC says Steve said a week ago he expects to be back and make a big contribution to the team. To me that pretty much answers the question posed by this thread. He has never been a player that had a problem with being too fat..if he"s not injured he will be in shape, the guy's a gym rat.

13. Gwalchmai

Gwalchmai Member

I think he's done. When was his last good season? I'd love to see him regain his game. But I don't see it. Love to be proven wrong though.

14. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

Your signature is bittersweet, I too was/am an Oilers' fan!!! :(

15. dreamrockets

dreamrockets Member

Buried in the bench for his contract.
    I really hope he'll prove me wrong. I love his skills and passion.

16. Cocainecowboy

Cocainecowboy Member

Steve looked to be in good shape to me. I've known him since he first came to Houston ,and he has aged,i think we all have, but generally he looked good and was in good spirits for sure!...seemed real optimistic..i'd say that's great

17. MicWu

MicWu New Member

希望弗兰西斯能够恢复以往的80%就够了!

18. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

What evidence do you have that supports this?

19. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Saw Steve a couple of days ago.He had his leg wrapped up but Looked very healthy and in good shape.I think he can make a great contribution this season.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope your credible man, I really, REALLY want to see Steve do well......