1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Car Theft...Venting....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mattj, May 7, 2008.

1. Mattj

Mattj Member

I had all the windows smashed on my beautiful 2008 GMC truck tuesday evening. The a-hole stole all of my crap including my lap top, $1,000 recording machine, $150 headsets and my "black book" which has pretty much every phone number and email for every athlete/coach/agent/celebrity that I have met in my 10 years on the job. I was parked at the Molinas on Buffalo Speedway at 6:15pm, was out the door by 7 and walked out to all my ****e destroyed and/or missing. The jerkoff manager at Molinas refused to call the cops, because he said he was too busy at the moment, and he told me that this had been happening alot lately in their parking lot as well as that block of Buffalo Speedway in general.

There are no security cameras in the area, but I am shocked that no one would have seen or heard anything considering it was a busy time of day and it was dinner time at a resteraunt. Anyway, Molinas can suck my fat one and I hope all their resteraunts close instead of just the one on Buffalo Speedway. Also, I highly suggest Lo-jack on your laptops as well as finding a good place to hide anything of significance in your vehicle if you can't bring it in with you. As much as I'm sure I will love the tax write-off for my new computer and equipment, it really pissed me off. Saudi Arabia may not do many things well, but I'm all in favor of chopping off hands of a-hole thiefs.

2. WildSweet&Cool

I'm sorry, Matt, but you're stupid for leaving all that valuable stuff in your car.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I don't know if that was a tongue-in-cheek response or not, but there was a thread on this a few weeks ago. It is not Matt's fault that a thief stole his stuff. He is not "stupid" for leaving his stuff in the car.

4. WildSweet&Cool

Okay... I regret posting that. It was insensitive of me.

Sorry to hear that your car got broken into. Sucks that they can't do anything about it. That's a very crappy feeling.

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Harsh way to put it, but still...

+1

6. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Yes, next time do not leave stuff like that in the car.

7. WildSweet&Cool

Hey - this is the fourth largest city in the United States. SECURE YOUR VALUABLES.

I didn't say it was Matt's fault. But the fact is - this is a big city with a lot of crime and ya gotta secure your stuff. This isn't Abilene.

8. Mattj

Mattj Member

Interesting response...So in essence if I or someone of my ilk finds a parked car and swings a golf club at the windshield, it is the owners fault for leaving the car there. Yeah ok, whatever you say. I'll hope you are being sarcastic, because a response such as yours is deserving of bad karma.

It's called a work bag and it was stuck underneath my seat...So I'm supposed to be a camel and carry everything with me at all times? How about people just act human and quit stealing other people's $%&*.

9. WildSweet&Cool

It sure was, and I feel bad for posting it. I should've been more thoughtful.

Sorry, Matt.

10. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The one on Westheimer has signs in the parking lot "not responsible for thefts." That's how Molinas "deals" with the problem.

11. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

sucks but unfortunately it happens...

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So for folks that use a laptop (or other type of equipment they have to use on a daily basis), what do you suggest they do? If they live 20 miles from work and need to stop on the way home for dinner, shopping, etc. do you think they should have to drive all the way home, drop their stuff off, and then drive all the way back? Should they adjust their lifestyle because some thief is out there? Should they carry their stuff with them into restaurants, stores, etc?

Let's lay the blame on this where it squarely and clearly lies. This is ENTIRELY the fault of the thief and no one else.

13. WildSweet&Cool

No - it's not the ower's fault. The owner is victimized.

Being in the city, the chances are that your car is going to get vandalized, broken into, or stolen. We (including me) should expect this.

... and there's no such thing as Karma.

... and, again, let me apologize for my harsh reaction. It sucks that they took your stuff and bashed your truck. You don't deserve it, and that was really crappy.

14. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Stealing is human. Losing that black book sucks man.

15. mj10501

mj10501 Contributing Member

that sucks man...sorry to hear it. i've been lucky enough that the one time someone broke into my apartment and tried stealing my plasma tv and such, i happened to walk in and immediately called the cops on his ass.

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

That black book was what :eek: me. I hope you can get the equipment back some way, Matt.

I've never left anything with much worth in my car before, but I know what it's like to have your car broken into and get stuff stolen.

17. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Mattj. Welcome to Houston. One of th worst most crime filled cities in the US. Thankfully I realized that a few years ago and got out. Houston sucks.

18. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

just wondering matt, did u have an alarm on your car? Probably lesser chance than theft would had happen.

19. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Sorry to hear about that!

I was going to suggest for you to put all of your items in the trunk but then I realized you have a truck.

It's a tough call what to do with the expensive things after work daily if you have a truck.

A car with a locked trunk would be easier, I think.

20. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Yet you post on a message board dedicated to Houston sports. Terrific!