1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We have 2 good trade assets...Lets Discuss

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ansfjs73, May 3, 2008.

1. zack15432

zack15432 Member

pretty much trade everyone except
    YAO
    T-Mac
    Scola
    Landry
    and im ok with rafer still but we need a better back up

PG i think a great acquisiition for backup pg wopuld be steve blake of the blazers

SF i love battier as a player and as a person but we need way more from the SF than we are getting. we should use him and maybe brooks or luther to get either Caron Buttler, artest, or prince. all of whome can creat their own shot. also Travis outlaw would fit well in our system.

My 1 solution to help at center even if mutombo stays is to try and pry sean wiliams from the nets and give them pretty much whatever it takes

as for a backup SG i would try and go with somoen like willie green from the 76ers or vujacic from the lakers who is a free agent.

a great way to fill several positions at once would be to make a deal with the Blazers and get Outlaw, Blake, and Rudy Fernandez, who if not signed this year is going to sign a long term deal overseas and as i can tell he doesnt want to play for mcmillan

several good ideas that will hjelp this team tremendously in my opinion
    what do yall think

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Maybe we could trade him and get Mo Williams and Andrew Bogut from the Bucks?

3. dafranchise0309

Listen to Bill Worrell,"Rockets need a big shooting guard that can come behind Tmac"....cough cough MIKE MILLER..cough cough :D

4. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

An 100% sure way to beat Jazz next year is to get all major players of Jazz!!!

5. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

i agree...learn from the suns staff...what makes those guys so brilliant.

rejuvenated an owned shaq and a grant hill.

notice the moment shawn marion leaves the suns he gets injured..what's their secret?

6. Landlord Landry

no artest under any circumstance what-so-ever. never. artest=rockets implosion. never.

7. aka ace

aka ace Rookie

How am I dreaming? Brand can leave the Clippers for nothing.

Landry/Scola/Expiring Contracts/2 First Round Picks isn't enough for Brand? If not, then what is?

If Gasol can be traded for Kwame + Prospects + 2 first Rds why can't Brand (Who is coming off an injured season)?

Explain yourself.

8. ansfjs73

ansfjs73 Member

I think the way Rafer has played this year, Morey may not trade him. Also I think his defense is underrated.

SO in my opinion the position that may get upgraded is SF. Someone who can create his own shot and hit the open J.

Either Tmac will move to three , or we trade for Artest

9. Hmm

Hmm Member

no i do not. unless all you want is a good 2nd round 7 game series?

here's what we'll need staying pat with this team.. and by some miracle.. have them all healthy.. the Jazz in the first round, assuming they stay pat as well and don't lose any one in there present roster, or the mavs, assuming the same.. then we'll need one of these two, whoever we didnt play in the first round, in the second round.. and i doubt either of these two make it to the second round, unless they play the denver nuggets.. after that.. its as likely we make the finals, as it is that we don't..

as the '08 major western conf roster's stand.. going into next year.. when put up against this year's rockets team into next year.. I'd say the suns, as bad as they were this post season to be a 7 game series.. 50/50 we win or lose.. other than that.. the lakers(fully healthy squad) 30/70 we win, the Hornets 40/60 (i expect Chris Paul to improve much more next year.. than Scola/Landry.. whose improvement many are basing there hopes on..).. the Spurs 40/60.. i know.. i know.. so many think we match up so well against them in the regular season.. but yeah..i just don't think so much so.. in a conf finals.. they too play with plenty of heart.. but pending any complete fall out in ability.. their big three's talent.. our big two's and 'ScoLandry'..

now for the delusional part... that not only are you satisfied with these odds.. but that you think a fully healthy rocket's team is likely .. when the two corner stones are so prone to cracks..

10. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

They manage to keep Nash healthy most of the season. Amare Stoudemire has done amazingly well for somebody with surgery. Their players seem to recover much faster than Rocket's players.

11. jedicro

jedicro Member

Can we fit Artest on our roster financially?

I would hate to see Battier go though. He does everything right.

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This team needs a dead-eye shooter (not Novak), a swingman who can slash and get to the line and a mobile big man to back up Yao. Acquiring 2 out of 3 of those needs would be a HUGE.

13. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

scolalandry for andri miller, expiring contracts for mike miller

14. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Member

Ok guys stop smoking the herbs!

First, we had a great season for losing Yao during the last part of the season (regular and playoffs)

Second, 3 words: Francis is done!

Third, Mike Miller makes toooooo much money! We are not going to trade for him. Let's be realistic.

Forth, Brand is not going to opt out of his contract and lose tens of millions.

Fifth, We really need Shane (best defensive player without the stats) and our young players (Scola, Landry, Brooks and possibly the 25th pick) on the team.

Question: Who is out there that is a 2-3, can create his own shot, play defense, fits in with the team, and value, value, value???

The answer is Ricky Davis. He is 29 almost 30. He is around 6'6" - 6'7". He made 6.8 Million last year. He may take the midlevel. He made mistakes. He played on bad teams(Celtics, Wolves and Heat in the last few years). However, I think he can fit in well with the team. He is tough, and he can sub in for Tracy or Shane. He has been coming off the bench for bad teams. He can be our 6th man off the bench. :D

15. jlwee

jlwee Member

Why are you guys so high on Artest? This guy is a real pyscho who have serious mental problem unlike Rodman who act like one and injury prone too. When is the last time he played more than 70 games?

Imagine Artest as a Rockets and comes out and talk to the media than Luther Head is the best player of Houston Rockets like he claimed Mikki Moore is the best Kings. How do u all gonna react to this crap?

16. eedgejr

eedgejr Contributing Member

Francis is a lock on the roster? You make me laugh :D

17. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I just want Yao next season. No new, extreme, crazy acquisitions, I just want Yao to play a full season.

Same goes for Tracy too.

18. ansfjs73

ansfjs73 Member

Ricky Davis is a Bad shooter, good. We need someone who can drive and shoot.

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I think/hope he was joking, otherwise just another poster who don't know what he's talking about.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I really hate Ricky Davis but Adelman has won me over as a guy who despite being known as a "players' coach" is someone who can handle troubled players. The problem I would worry about is someone like Davis poisoning the team chemistry this team had. I think players like Davis can kill a team even if they are not doing it on the court.