1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

7'7" and feet bigger than Shaq's

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by poprocks, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Way off, man. Have you ever even seen him play? Do you even know his name? Are you aware of how his game relates to Yao Ming?

His name is Kenny George and the game is currently on ESPN2. As a basketball player, the guy is a complete stiff. His mobility and lack of hops make Yao Ming look like Kobe.

2. OrangeCountyCA

What's his name?

Oh, and how does he comare to Yao Ming?

3. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

LMAO :D

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I agree he probably doesn't have a future in the NBA. I strongly disagree with your use of the term "freakshow". He is a person after all. He just happens to be big as hell. I wonder how many times people have called Yao that. Are you comfortable with people speaking of Yao that way?

5. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

help defense would leave others open. the best defense is to put him on the bench like we do yao in crunch time.

6. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Agreed. It's not his fault...he probably hates being that tall. I would.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I watched this guy play the other night, I believe Mon. He was slow but I'm sure he will get good looks. He didn't seem clumsy like you would expect. Only watched five minutes, he blocked a shot, goal tending, but it looked like he had good timing.

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

while the word is insensitive and harsh, that's sadly how people are going to view him.

i mean, why are you interested in him? not because of his exceptional basketball talent. because he has abnormal looks.

i feel bad for the kid. hope he makes it in life some way or another. that opening quote on that article hinted some sadness in him.

9. ExtremeHolly

ExtremeHolly Rookie

This is why I appreciate Yao effort to try and move gracefully in such a rapid paced environment.

so who's better Kenny or Sun Ming Ming? Both are sort of C R A P I know but....

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Why the hell did it take his team mates so long to get him the ball in that video?

Geez

11. johnmvp

johnmvp Rookie

7'7" with no athletic ability to be found.

12. poprocks

poprocks Member

Great Vid on Kenny George from ESPN Gameday

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1jD1VyPHecc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1jD1VyPHecc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

13. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

Awesome vid. I'm kinda reminded of Richard Kiel when I hear Mr. George talk; I s'pose that might be one of the physical side effects of acromegaly?

Am I the only one intrigued by Tyler Hansbrough's fearlessness? If I heard the audio correctly on a clip earlier in this thread , his nickname is "Psycho"...

14. poprocks

poprocks Member

Sounds a lot like Yao when he first got here. He's only an inch or two taller than Yao. Sounds to me like his biggest issue is not his shotblocking, defense or scoring, it's his stamina to be able to stay on the court. I wonder if he'll be good enough if he's able to improve that stamina issue of his to make the NBA.

15. poprocks

poprocks Member

lol sounds more like Ted Cassidy "Lurch" Adams Family
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MzI6NrBdP7U&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MzI6NrBdP7U&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>