1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

China absolves Rockets for Yao’s injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wgray, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longhornchampno

Forget the chinese fans, you have disrespected the whole forum when you responded to a news article without even bothering to read it first. Or perhaps you just simply can't read.

2. longhornchampno

Then t_mac1 is your type. :p

3. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

my post was sarcastic. i know china doesn't pay yao, it's the rockets that do, thus my sarcasm. and i do watch soccer/football, i'm a long time fan of the arsenal. and it's not the countries that complain to the clubs about players being injured or overused. these clubs would laugh in their face if they had the gall to question them about a player who they are paying getting injured performing the job he's being paid for. it's the clubs that complain to fifa and the domestic fa's that they are ruining players they don't pay. that's why the g-14 recently agreed to disband and drop their support of a lawsuit by a player who wants compensation from the belgian fa because he's no longer able to be paid by a club due to injury suffered on international duty in exchange for fifa and uefa compensating them for the players who are owned by the clubs that participate in their sanctioned tournaments. club vs country is a long ongoing debate in soccer/football and now the clubs are winning. it's new to basketball so we'll have our growing pains

4. eatsleepdrink

eatsleepdrink Member

How arrogant and stupid you are! You're assuming that you know what exactly Yao thinks. It's just too bad Yao has EXPLICITLY said that what bothers him most is the possibility of missing the Olympics, not the NBA playoff, so he hasn't changed his mind a bit as per your misinformed assumption.

Whenever you want to pick on people's grammar, take care of your typos first. Nobody seriously edit their posts on a sports message board. And if you have so much time get more education like most Chinese and learn to be more civiized. English is only my friggin secondary language. I wonder how many friggin idixts like you can even put a sensible sentence together in any language other than English?

5. huflungpu

huflungpu Member

Well that's the risk we incurred by dealing with Red China. We drafted him with the full understanding that something like this would occur.

In any case, do the math and see who's wearing out whom. 82+7 games (the maximum season for the Rockets these past 11 years) versus 10-15 with the People's Republic of Taiwan. Certainly the NBA season is too long in my opinion. Imagine what kind o mileage we can get out of NBA players if they only played 56 games in the regular season.

Anyway, in the United Communist Soviet Republic of Zhongguo, the man belongs to the state, so we were "borrowing" him I guess. We do pay him millions of dollars, but we paid him millions of dollars with the knowledge that he would play 200 games per year between club and country. So blame our lawyers, but the Communists are certainly not out of their bounds to "absolve us."

6. tie22fighter

tie22fighter Contributing Member

Didn't realize so many male forum posters can all have PMS at the same time.

Talking about over-sensitive! :confused:

Both Rockets and China are behaving like adult and play nice with each others.

Can't believe all the posters with estrogen-hyperdrive syndrome can make a federal case out of this.

What's next, WW3? :eek:

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They are doing this to help prevent controversy and any kind of perceived anger from Chinese fans or the Chinese media.

It's more for the Chinese then it's a message intended for us.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree - people on both sides of the Pacific have such big chips on their shoulders.

9. kalmanfilter

kalmanfilter Rookie

What if we (I'm from China) send back a replacement?

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

There is no replacement for Yao unless yall have a 9 foot Center that yall have kept secret for all these years and are waiting to release him as the "secret weapon" in the Olympics.

11. RocketsDream

RocketsDream Rookie

These countries that you are talking about must all be communist countries too. How dare they to demand the soccer players to play for their national teams all the time. By the way, when has Belgium turned communist?

I am just pretending to be one of the idiots in this thread who try to bring politics up in a basketball forum.
    :p

12. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

and to correct something from my previous post. it wasn't the belgian fa being taken to court by the player. it was fifa being taken to court by a belgian club, charleroi because one of their players, abdelmajid oulmers (who they still had to pay) was injured while playing for morroco.

13. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

ROFL how ****ing true. Some people need to get over their China-hate on here

14. DamnDivision

DamnDivision Member

There you go.......... :p

15. Downtown

Downtown Contributing Member

I have never said I know what Yao thinks, nor am I responding to what I think he thinks. Try some logic, here boys. You will find it useful in the USA. Here was my statement and it was based on what I read in print either in the Chronicle or ESPN or Fox. So if you want to attack me for what I am actually saying, then do so...Here it is:

"I will be highly diasappointed if Yao is more upset about not playing for China in the Olympics than missing out on the Playoffs with what could be a possible championship run for the Rockets!!!"

I make no apologies for that statement, but first notice I said "if". Furthermore, I make no apologies about my total lack of respect for the human-rights denying Communist government of China. I would not care if China did blame the Rockets for Yao's injury because I do not think we owe China anything and I think Yao owes them too much and is way too controlled by them. If China really cared about Yao they would relax their summer demands on him and give thought for what is best for him, not stupid friggin worthless China. I still stand on my statement that I wish he would say "No" to China and "Yes" to USA, "Yes" to the he Rockets! And by the way I stand on my analogy because it is right on and if, in fact, the Olympics mean the most to Yao, then Fine...let's trade him and invite everyone of you that is here, but still a citizen from there and thinks it is so wonderful there, to go back there.

Lastly, know this: This is the United States and if you are are a US citizen then your allegiance should not be to China, but to the USA! I guess now I seeing for the first time how the dreaded 'Yao Onlys' really are disgusting morons who need to be band from this Board.

When it comes to upholding the virtues and values of this great nation which are founded on Christian principles, not ungodly Communism, I will be unapologetically outspoken, and not only outspoken but willing to give my very life for this country!!! End of story! End of posting with some of you who have so little appreciation for what this country gives you, much less any backbone to stand up for it other than your small-minded ability to sound tough like some Ninjas, when in reality, you merely sound like some Ninja turtles...

#55 Downtown, Feb 29, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  16. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I was thinking the same thing. I can see the headlines now, "WAR on the horizon: China and US clash over future of Yao Ming"

17. Downtown

Downtown Contributing Member

Hard to believe you have ever been or are still a member

18. mig0s

mig0s Member

We should not have attitudes like ''recover fast and play''...man give this guy some rest. He deserve it.

19. longhornchampno

Wow, I am speechless when reading all your posts in this thread. You are really something. You are using the injury of a basketball player to let out all your hate inside. Since when has this board become a platform for morons like you to spew out your hate on a whole country of people? You are the scumbag of the scumbags around here.

20. DaRock1

DaRock1 Member

I have been trying my best to refrain from responding to a fool like you because you are just not worth my time. But, please, please and please don't drag Christianity into your hate posts. Please respect the religion and the Christians on this board. Please leave Christianity alone. As a Christian, I feel ashamed of being associated with someone like you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.