1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

China absolves Rockets for Yao’s injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wgray, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curly

Curly Member

Phew, that's good to know. Ok boys, drop it to DEFCON 3.

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Guys get more susceptible to stress fractures by playing year round.Yao has done this for years.Combine his size with the demands placed on him by CNT from day 1 and voila...here we are.Many of us here voiced worries about this EXACT thing happening from the get go.He might not have played last year,but he was first injured long before then.I sure would like to see that contract.How much of it does he get?Not lost in all this is the chinese govt's outright disdain for human rights.They don't and haven't had HIS best interests at heart.It's all about marching to the communist drumbeat.I respect the Chinese people,but not their govt.

What audacity to come out with this crap today.It's sad,but what's sadder is stripping human beings of their freeedom and using them as puppets for their agendas.I know Yao wants to play in the Olympics.It's a great honor,especially in one's home country.And I understand that it's all about us as human beings coming together from all over the world,putting aside our differences.But Yao is about to have surgery and already from the language it seems he will be rushed back.I can't agree with that.YOU DON"T JEOPARDIZE A GUY'S CAREER!...He should be lighting the Olympic flame or carrying the flag.

#22 Plowman, Feb 28, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

4. poprocks

poprocks Member

Maybe we should just hold Yao out of games on the 2nd game of a back to back and against scrub teams. We put him in only if we are in jepardy of loosing such games? That would in effect be the same as Shaq missing 1/3 of the season or giving Yao about 50 games to play which over the last 4 years, is all he's been able to do without getting injured.

5. Downtown

Downtown Contributing Member

Gee, aren't we blessed that China does not blame us! Gosh, I am so happy!! NOT!!

If anyone is entitled to blame someone it is the Rockets blaming China for their incessant demands on Yao in the post season that prevent him from getting proper rest. I wish he could completely curtail his summer participation.

As much as I love Yao, his character and personality, and all that his game now brings to the Rockets, I will be highly diasappointed if Yao is more upset about not playing for China in the Olympics than missing out on the Playoffs with what could be a possible championship run for the Rockets!!!

6. eatsleepdrink

eatsleepdrink Member

This is a well known condition (ie. Yao needs to play for the CNT) before Rox picked Yao. Everybody knew at that point. Look at what kind of mess Wang Zhizhi ran into and you could easily tell.

If a girl has told you ahead she won't stop her own job and be your full-time house wife after marriage, you either accept her choice or don't marry her, but complaining her not spending enough time doing house work after marriage is not an option.

7. RocketTilIDie

RocketTilIDie Member

omggg thank u jesus!!

this is so good to hear :D :D

8. Downtown

Downtown Contributing Member

Oh yeah that analogy (and grammar) makes a whole lot of sense! NOT! It misses the point entirely, but for our purposes here I will use it anyway. So what if in the experince of marriage your once girlfriend, now wife decides she loves her husband and home life more than her job and wants to be at home and knows her job detracts from that. Guess what? She changes her mind and stays home and finds fulfillment there! Do you Chinese think you never change your friggin mind? Yao playing for the CNT is the job, the worthless job. Yao playing for the Rockets is the Home life of fulfillment with the Husband, therefore, as far as I am concerned Yao can tell Communist China and the CNT to jam it, become a USA citizen, and get rest and conditioning in the summer instead of being worn out and injury prone and demolishing the Rockets first hopes for a Championship since 94 and 95!

9. crunch

crunch Member

Spain and Pau Gasol of Memphis

10. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

I wonder what would happen if it's the other way around, Yao gets injured in Beijing Olympics, will likely miss a big chunk of the season, how would fans here react? "polite" probably wont be the word ...

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

china "absolves" us??? who do they think they are?

we're paying yao millions of dollars to play a sport that u can do on your own free time and they're "absolving" us? they have that power over us or what?

unbelievable :rolleyes:

i don't mean any disrespect to the chinese fans on this site so don't take any offense.

12. RocketsDream

RocketsDream Rookie

Is that what Yaom think? Did Yao really say it? Where is the link? Or you have just pull it out of your ass? I don't like Yao's off season schedule either. But eatsleepdrink gave a very good analog. You are the one who have twisted things around and give back a r****ded analog. And yes, dissing other people's grammar has really made what you said sounds less r****ded.

13. rfila

rfila Member

hard to beleive you have been a member here since 2002 and still do not know how to comunicate with other people. Your whole talk is so arrogant and stupid, it doesn't even warrant a refutation

14. Munir Ming

Munir Ming Member

Yao is not a property of anybody. Remember that.
    He is an employee of the Houston Rockets. He gets his salary and does his job.
    He is also a Chinese citizen. He had some kind of agreement with the Chinese basketball officials before they let him play in the NBA. Under the agreement, he has certain national oblogations, including playing on the national team. It may sound ridiculous to your guys. You would ask why Yao had to get their permission for playing in the NBA? I don't know. Maybe Yao belonged to the CBA before he went to Houston and the Chinese basketball officials owns the Chinese league, so they in some way also owns Yao. I just don't know.
    So please, don't treat Yao like he is something you get from Wal-Mart. That hurts people's feelings. He is NOT a product exported to America from China.

15. longhornchampno

You seem to be the only one in this thread who can read. Where is the 'absolves' tone?

Well, did you guys actually read the article before you open your big mouth? If anything, you have been fooled by the Yahoo reporter who obviously tried to make the heading sounds more dramatic. LOL

We have some hyper-sensitive ladies here who get all upset because of a word used by a reporter in the heading of a news article.

16. Munir Ming

Munir Ming Member

The Chinese basketball offficials don't pay Yao. He is not a property of them. Maybe they have some quiet complaints against the Rockets, but that's quite usual. National teams are always complaining clubs have overused their players. The G-14 clubs in Europe get a lot of such complaints. But you don't watch soccer, do you?

17. longhornchampno

If you can read, the yahoo guy who made up the heading of the news article is the one who has 'done' that. Based on your post, I really doubt you can read.

18. yaomac-punch

yaomac-punch Member

First, I have to make it clear that I'm intending to pick up a quarrel with anyone, because I appreciate your opinions just as much as you appreciate mine. I just hope that you can understand how the idea works on a normal Chinese basketball fans' mind. I admit that I personally careless if Yao will lead Team China to win a basketball metal or a higher rank. As a logical individual, I know the chance will be pretty slim.

But as a Chinese, as a Chinese basketball fan, I do care if Yao will show up in the game in front of his own crowd even just play one minute. Just think about this, when you were watching Rox game, you do expecting to see Yao and T-Mac show up during the game right?

As popular as Yao in China, can you imagine how big the disappointment will be if he will end up not able to play the game for his people in this ONCE in a life opportunity? I understand you couldn't careless if Yao will play Olympic or not, because you are not a Chinese, because you the “Strongest Americans” always get all the candies.

But remember YAO IS A CHINESE. It's not only his own dream anymore, but also belongs to tens of millions of his own people. We are supporting Yao unconditionally because we believe that he will never abandon his country or his people when his people need him.

It's perfectly normal if you think my opinion sounds very unlike yours. The theory hehind my point is the culture diversity, two cultures are meant to be different, and sometimes you just have to accept it but rather than change it. If you think I might be brain washed. I have something for you, this quote is from former US president JFK “Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.”

19. rfila

rfila Member

I remeber Bill Clinton once said: "Let's talk human being to human being before we go any futher". It has proved to be hard for some people here.

20. RocketsDream

RocketsDream Rookie

"I like sensitive women who are not shy about expressing themselves and tell me what they like" <-- that's my ad in the "men seeking women" section on craigslist. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.