1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade: Bonzi, James for Bobby Jackson? (UPDATE: Done Deal)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by farrisdabis, Feb 20, 2008.

1. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

Please dont do this, please.....

MJ's contract isnt that horrible, its not worthy to give away Bonzi for it, specially in middle of this cruel PO race.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we get Mo pete than it would be alright

3. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

jackson was a good trade 5 years ago not now. Heck I'd rather have Cassel instead, at leat for leadership.

4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If it's part of gettiing Artest or Miller then rock on!

I trust the brass.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i'm blind as hell i just clicked on the link and only saw jackson for james and wells. i missed the butler part. now the trade makes even less sense????!?!?

6. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

The deal makes a lot more sense if you're going to move Head and/or Brooks in a deal for either Mike Miller or Ron Artest. You don't need Bonzi at all if you're getting one of those guys. And if you lose Head and/or Brooks, Bobby Jackson makes more sense then.

7. 1RocketMac11

1RocketMac11 Member

The filler better be CP3, we'll even add Mac ;)

I seriously hope we don't do this deal, I'm not the biggest fan of Bonzi, but in this case, he's the best player in the deal.

8. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

IF MJ is a zero this season, then BJ is 0+, which isn't far from zero anyway.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The 2 years ago Jackson that gives you 50 games a year, sure he's capable of that.

Inconsistent contribution or inconsistent/consistent health? Bonzi not playing well beats a guy not playing at all. Any other team would consider Bobby Jackson a risk unless

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i agree. this only makes sense if this is part of a 3 way trade. other than that it is a lateral move at very best that makes little sense for either NO or HOU.

11. sab504

sab504 Member

that fight between jackson and tmac was what caused tmac backpains all these years. Look how hard he went down on the woodfloor. Smack, oohhh i broke a backbone. SNAP~

12. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Morey the moneyball guy will NOT give away Bonzi and his 2.2 million salary. Bonzi's offensive game is pretty rare for someone at his position. IF this trade is real its probably part of something bigger.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If NO adds Hilton Armstrong I might get interested. We need a new C/PF after Deke retires.

14. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I asked Feigan about this in his blog, and he just wrote:

"(Yeah, I have something written on that, too. There are a lot of moving parts, but Jackson for James are the primaries. The Rockets would rather Kirk Snyder be in the deal than Wells, but they want Jackson to have a veteran backup point, and to have one less season on his contract than they have on James'. Adelman thinks a great deal of Jackson. The way I worded it in my story is that it has been tabled until tomorrow, but they are still talking to someone tonight, so things could change. It's not something to trigger a different deal, though. -- Jonathan)"

15. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i'm sorry, i just keep laughing at your attempts to convince others (because apparently you've somehow managed to convince yourself) that this is solid move for the rockets. funny stuff.

if we need outside shooting that much, why dont we just throw james out there until he regains his shot instead of giving up a decent contributer to our rotation in bonzi along with james?

and this is me completely ignoring the fact that jackson hasn't managed to stay healthy for going on 3 seasons.

and....... GO!

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Jackson is healthy this year... and I'll take him (including the risk of him getting injured... hell, Yao+T-mac have proved to be just as injury prone, yet we're riding them till the end) over Bonzi for this team as it is constructed.

We need guys who can hit the outside shot as well as facillitate the offense through Yao + T-mac. We'll have rebounding covered with Yao+Scola+Landry+Hayes. Shane will have to keep hitting the outside shot (as he'll be the designated guy to leave open). And T-mac will have to regain his form.

17. mms

mms Member

So it's just a salary dump. No big deal later.

18. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

damn, huge blow to the team if this is done

19. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

Horrible.

20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

This could also mean that the Rockets are willing to move Brooks for the right price.