1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bucks 2/2/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 1, 2008.

1. RocketsFAN3035

I am excited as I will be in the arena sitting court side for this event!! My wonderful future wife, knowing my passion for my Rockets bought us tickets just 7 rows from the court. If you see anyone wearing an older Rockets logo hat (in other words, my hat's logo is the one Robbert Horry said he wouldn't wear, Yao's rookie year logo) sitting next to an Asian girl (she is adopted from Korea) than my identity has been reveled. I wanted to make a Clutchfans.net t-shirt or sign but wasn't sure how big, and I ran out of time before the game (we leave in an hour).

I don't think this has ever been done before, but I'm sure I could be wrong: If I get on tv for this game tonight, and someone can show the screen shot or vid clip, I'll donate $20.00 to the tip jar. Will anyone else donate to the tip jar to see a fellow Clutchfan on NBA TV?

By the way, this will be a high scoring game. It's Redd's first game because of sitting out the last 3 or 4 with some injury (don't remember what it is). I have a feeling he will go off for 40 + tonight. Milwaukee has a good O when Redd is on and plays TERRIBLE when he isn't in the lineup (see the game against the Sixers the other night). They are terrible on D however.

It's also "Yi Poster Night" so I get a free Yi poster. But I know Yi will be put on a few posters tonight if I'm lucky. :D

2. Jelle

Jelle Rookie

I'm very excited to see this game and so desperately want to see this live instead of knowing the score and watching it afterwards. I live in the Netherlands and even though i have a special sports channel which shows live games it only shows one game on Thursday, one on Friday and one on Sunday. So my question is since this is on NBA TV, is there any chance besides Chinese crappy quality p2p crap to watch this game ? Please let me know

P.S. The first meeting between the Rockets and Cavs will be shown live + the game vs. Miami !! I'm glad i can at least see two games live this month, January they only showed Hornets vs. Rockets in my home language which they lost anyway. :D

3. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Another must win. The other teams in the race aren't losing so we can't afford to lose either.

4. YugoRocketsFan

This wont be a slow game, instead a very quick one, the score will be at least 108-94.

5. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Actually last night was one of the first nights in a while that someone above us hasnt had a loss. (NO Lost, but it was to the team right under us in Sacremento) It was mostly Portland, San Antonio, LA, or Denver, (Utah has been on a roll) but someone was losing almost every day that featured them.

6. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

Is this official that Redd is out? Or is he just questionable

7. BucMan55

Thought he was coming back for this game. Not sure on how healthy he will be.

8. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Don't you mean 3rd win of an 8 game winning streak?

9. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

d00d.
    you just addressed landry as "babe"

just sayin

10. BucMan55

Games to watch for help today: Utah at Memphis. Charlotte at Denver.

Doesn't look good.

11. TDRox

TDRox Member

Doesn't it always seem like they have a soft schedule? Man, we need to win all these games now. It might have been wishful thinking, but I thought Redd was still out. Someone mentioned he was coming back today. Any update?

12. Jelle

Jelle Rookie

13. lastmanstanding

14. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

theres been so many times this season when its looked as though we were finally turning the corner - only for us to lose a game just like this one!!

for that reason alone, this game scares me.

Just WIN.

15. l3igballer23

l3igballer23 Contributing Member

hopefully rockets win .... 101-95

16. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Homecoming II, Landry played HS BB in or around Milwaukee, Novak from nearby Marquette collegiate fame.

I like Novak to go off for at least 6 triples. The Bucks are not a great defensive team so, this would be an excellent opportunity for Novak to do an a la Padgett vs Sac-A-Tomatoes from 04-05 season where he got 8 treys in the game!

Novak play at least 15 minutes, Landry be the beast again! :D

Yeah, agreed. Yao and T-Mac might not be 100% still but, if they both just get 20 in this game then, IMO we're good.

We have a much deeper, quality bench for the first time in a long while!

Landry 25 pts, 12 reb, 5 BS, A Star is Born! :D
    Scola 14 pts, 11 reb.
    AB 10 pts, 10 assists, 6 stls, 4 reb
    Novak goes supersonic! 20 pts with 6 treys! :D

Yi makes the score respectable but,

Rockets 117, Bucks 98

17. wstar

wstar Member

Per SR610
    Injury update
    MIL - Redd out, Mason active
    HOU - Head inactive

18. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

mo williams is a very good point guard and bogut is kind of underrated. The Bucks are pretty decent at home and awful on the road.

19. WesmanTexanfan

Battle of the 2 Dragons!!!!

20. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Power Rangers is on?