1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 1/25/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Ready

Ready Member

THIS IS ONE OF THE TOP 3 VICTORIES OF THE SEASON IMO!!!

2. jli

jli Member

He is a YOH.

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

exactly. portland didn't make unforced mistakes. our D just locked them up. they have no true 1-on-1 guy who can dominate a guy. if portland played the D we played on roy, he would have a field day.

we're better than them. we all know it. record-wise we're not that's all.

4. hotsouthtree

hotsouthtree Member

are you mad? Yao played very good in the third quart. He lead the team to make 7 points lag back.
    QUOTE=bronx43]I hate to say it, but I think if we stayed with Yao late in the 4th, we woulda lost this game.[/QUOTE]

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

So much for 'no one else but Rafer can play point for this team' also.

That was 06-07 style with Brooks in. Brooks brought the ball up, made the extra passes as necessary ... but in the halfcourt, it was T-Mac who ran the offense (just as he does almost the entire time).

4 minutes for Chuck Hayes. It's obvious that Adelman is leaning more and more on Scola and now Landry, but he still doesn't change the starting lineup.

I guess I'm just excited to see other players contribute. Even though they all fill roles, I'm just tired of seeing the same 40-minutes a night for Rafer and Battier and 30 for Hayes because I'm confident the ceiling isn't high enough on that team.

6. iconoclastism

iconoclastism Member

Brooks was like a blur...Super fast...!!!

I am so proud of the 3 rookies.

7. choujie

choujie Member

Bench points: 55, Starters points: 34.

8. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

omfg the rookies! :eek:

Nice win

9. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

this is the major change from last year

10. bluerap04

bluerap04 Member

We got cheated out of 5 total points tonight. In the first, they gave Portland the two points Scola scored, never fixed it. Then they credited Brooks his 2nd FT in the deep 4th, although he made both. Never fixed it

Not only did we overcome that, but we did it with our Rookies and terrible officiating.

11. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

The last steal and dunk made by James Jones is horrible....

12. JohnMatrix

JohnMatrix Member

"Rockets 89, Blazers 79"? t-mac laid the ball on the ground, someone picked it up and made it with 2pts, what do u think of that?

also i thought that is a game full of turnovers, crowded with fast-breaks, both teams are flying with turnovers.

the highlights of Rox are clutch defense and bench players' hardworking. it is not an exciting game though we beat blazers coz the opponent is crap and they play like ****...

anyway, we got 4 after our top1 was back.

13. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

whoever who has been keeping score for FSN has been doing a lousy job recently. Good thing they aren' the official scorekeeper for the games.

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think maybe he went and hung out with biggio.

15. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

Lol. I don't like the term "bench" here. They will both be back on the court. Hayes, well, I think he may continue to start for his good "starting" energy.

I won't say much, but what I liked a lot about McGrady this game was he did not pull up for that many jump shots, instead gettnig to the basket. Plus, he was perfect from FT line (granted he only shot 3, but it's a start). GG Now, we play the Jazz.

16. jc1988

jc1988 Member

awww...Scola such a sweet person, watch the post-game interview lol...he is saying hi to his buddies watching him on tv LOL..

17. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

WE STEPPED UP BABY

18. Ready

Ready Member

I STILL CANT HELP BUT TO POINT OUT:

BLAZERS SCORED ONLY 27 POINTS IN SECOND HALF!!

19. rox0607champs

rox0607champs Member

man i knew brooks was fast but watching tonight he was flying by the blazers when they were trying to trap.......and his ball control is freakin awesome :eek:

20. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

DId u guys hear what Luis Scola say in the post game interview? he said hello to the guys watching in "Lucky's". SO he does read the boards here!!