1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Feigen]TMac Cautious, Out a Week

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by docgundy, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

2. hotsouthtree

hotsouthtree Member

For sure, you would be right if McGrady played with energy. But if he played like last several games, definately not!!!!!

3. zong

zong Member

It is time to start Scola, Rick A needs to be smart before it is too late.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If he is going to limp around out there when things don't go well then he needs to be off the foor so the team can find it's own identity.

DD

5. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

T-Mac,

Cortisone and Advil. Oh yeah, and suck it up.

Thanks,

The Fans

6. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

I think that's some really good sports psychology. And I also think that's the first time he's "sort of" leaked his opinion on all this.

I'm personally on the side of the people that doubt him. I just think that if he really and truly wants to play and is committed to his team, he cun put whatever bit of pain he's in to the side and just play ball and play well. We know the injury's not that serious, and this team needs its best player now more than ever. I wish he'd suck it up, or at the very least...least NOT seem so indifferent about all this.

But, it is what it is. That's how polarizing he is amongst us. And I really think that as a fan, this is my final straw with the guy. If he's gonna milk this injury, you better damn well come back 100%. You better make sure this injury isn't a lingering thing. You better come back with a vengeance, and put your team on your back like your team needs right now.

Disagree with me if you wish, but that's just how I see it and I know I'm not the only one.

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

The dude used to be my second favorite Rocket of all time.

Laughing after losses.
    Playing like he doesn't give a crap.
    Sitting out with minor injuries.

He is such a loser. He could easily be the best player in the NBA year in and year out, but just doesn't have the drive. :( :mad:

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Fans want to hate on him for not playing aggressively or energetically, and at the same time they want him to play hurt. Then, when he does so, and he gets injured and has to leave the game, they want to also crucify him for being soft and quitting. They say he's washed up and doesn't really help the team any more, and yet when he misses game they cry because deep down they know just how valuable he really is.

The way I look at it, I'd rather he heal up and get back to how he was playing at the beginning of the season. If it takes another week, so be it. The more confident he feels in that knee, the better he'll play on the court. I'm sick of him playing tentatively and going in and out of the lineup. We're not going to build any momentum that way.

#28 durvasa, Dec 27, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  9. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

best news so far...

10. rocketfan.china

I donot think so :rolleyes: we will see what happen in those 4 games :eek:
    It's time for Uprising! oops.. apparently not u :rolleyes:

11. rocketfan.china

This is the biggest difference between Yao and Tracy imo. Wait... Tracy, what a great name :eek:

12. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

how convenient- arent we playing boston soon? :rolleyes:

13. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Settle down, YOF

14. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

I think TMac's new nickname should be "big puss".

[​IMG]

15. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

have any of you ever suffered this kind of injury? I have and it took me 3 weeks to heal completely, and I was in high school, not my late 20's.

When Yao gets hurt, no one criticizes him... :confused: :confused:

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So .. . does that include this whole several days off they had or
    is this a week from . . say today!

Rocket River

17. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

You're going to compare yourself to a millionaire pro athlete that has all types of medical tools and people at his disposal?

Yao doesn't need to be injured to be criticized, he's gettin' some now.

...but at least he's playing...

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Don't you love it how everyone on Clutchfans are Doctors too? To go along with all the coaches, GMs and psychotherapist on here.

19. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

I can definitely see where you are coming from. The Feigen blog was really good today. TMac just has this laissez-faire demeanor that infuriates people. I'm pretty frustrated he won't be back sooner as well. But we know he cares about winning (last year's press conference post-game 7 being a good example), but he's just this sleepy-eyed guy who doesn't often show passion on the court. That of course is horrible to see for extremely passionate fans.

But we know that if he's hurting his play really suffers, so let's just see what happens when he gets back. I'm thinking he'll play like he did in November...

What scares me the most is our record with him out. But we have a better chance of winning with him out than with him only half-way in, IMO.

20. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

In Defense of YOFS, Yao has never shown a lack of desire to win, he just sucks.

With Mcgrady, it always happens when the team is down. Whenever it couldn't get any worse, Mcgrady gets hurt.

This is what our season was looking like in 05-06. We weren't winning, Mcgrady gets hurt, we lose more, a uncoordinated big man cannot do it on his own, he tries, gets hurt, we lose, no playoffs, my suicide.