1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    PACERS vs KNICKS Game 2: Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Chron] McGrady to get MRI

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Faos, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The MRI is going to come back negative.

I can't see the Rockets medical staff being so incompetent that they didn't order an MRI in the first place if there was even a slight chance of a real injury. I'm am starting to believe that Tmac is in real pain but I still think it is just a bruise going by what the professionals in charge are saying.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How much control does T-Mac have over getting an MRI or not?

I agree someone SERIOUSLY dropped the ball on this one

Rocket River

3. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Tmac finally comes to senses but PLEASE let it be good news...Negative, NO Major Damage or something. Best wishes to his health. Our season resting on his shoulder..or leg, or back for that matters.

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I bet ya'll it's a torn meniscus. I can almost guarantee it.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That's what I fear about the most as well.Other possibilities include Patellar Tendon or Collateral Ligament Damage.

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I didn't know that Bozo was black....

Anyway on the topic, I have said this before and I'll say it again - the Rockets should have traded Glass McGrady a long time ago. I have never in my life in all the years of following sports teams have seen a player who is so prone to injury like this guy is. And of course, whenever he is out with yet another one of his "injuries", the Rockets have no chance of winning. I thought that this year would be different as we finally have some other players (besides Yao) that could help score if McGrady was out in guys like Bonzi, Mike James, and Francis. Yet all of them have been wildly inconsistent or not even in playing shape.

This season is slowly slipping away from us...if things aren't turned around and soon, we'll be looking at the lottery. You know that somewhere Gumby has to be laughing at the Rockets and us fans. :(

7. zong

zong Member

Rick A needs change the starting five to increase the score due to the Tmac's injure, Tmac could be out the game at anytime, any place. The team needs another scorer, Chuck is not answer.

8. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

It's funny...people blasted him in Philly for taking himself out with injury, blasted him again when he left at halftime against the Magic, and now bash him for not taking himself out sooner for an extended period of time torest up and get this MRI done.

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

As for the knee injury, how long does it take to get an MRI? He's on record as having refused it because he didn't want to see if it was something more serious. The Rockets are on record saying that it's not necessary and there have been times that T-Mac refuses and he's gotten it anyway because the Rockets insist (in other words, it's looking more and more like the Rockets don't control McGrady -- he controls them).

If this is a serious injury or they discover anything beyond a bone bruise, someone should be held accountable.

As for Philly -- the "ankle" when we're down 30+? Don't confuse that injury with this one.

10. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

I agree. But my point is that people here blast him when he takes himself out of a game with injury when it simply isn't worth risking further injury (like in Philly), and then blast him when he toughs it out and has to leave 2 games in 1 week early because of injury.

I am not, read my above paragraph.

11. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

He didn't have to tough anything out. Get the MRI done. 'Fearing that it could be serious' is the most r****ded excuse I've ever heard. If it turns out to be serious, he deserves all the blame.If it's nothing...oh well, Tracy being Tracy.

12. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

man, can we just give him a few games off. he's coming back too early.

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Can see if its Battier or Alston, players who hardly ever miss time with injury trying to fight through it. This MCGRADY, who they assume will be healthy like he's an iron man of the league?

McGrady should have a MRI traveler's kit to carry along each game.

14. YallMean

YallMean Member

People are right in this case. He was rightly blasted for not playing hard and not playing right in those games, and worse quit on us. He is also rightly blasted for not taking care of himself for the most strange reason not to have MRI. People are right, you are wrong.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yah -- if they take the MRI right under his sternum! :p ... :(

16. rocketsmetalspd

Goes to show who is running the show in Houston. T-Mac seems to have lots of power or everyone is afraid of the guy. I hope the MRI comes back negative and the Rockets can get on with trading him away before there is no value in trading him left.

17. caneks

caneks Rookie

Something is not right in this organization. Changes are needed.
    Happy holiday, everyone.

18. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

On the bright side, he's already decided he "won't be able to play on the 28th," so we won't see any threads asking is T-mac is a "little girl" or not... he's already answered that question.

19. Dkny_112

Dkny_112 Member

You can't "take care of yourself", when it comes to knee injuries as these are either a: due to a freak injury or b: chronic overuse, such as in most basketball players.
    its very difficult to play on 1 good leg. He should be commended for actually even giving it a go, rather then sitting out 5 or so games in which he easily could have. See Hardaway -Penny, or Webber.

It should be noted that the injury in all likelihood wasn't that serious.

If he tore anything, he would have been in alot pain. Ligament tears are easily identified through a simple knee exam by a medical physician. An MRI was not performed probably because the examination showed no "red flags" or signs of serious structural damage to the knee. NO WAY would the medical team drop the ball on a 20 million dollar player on something this big - especially when the procedure involved is completely painless.

Tmac is probably more worried about having chronic cartilage damage and thus requiring the dreaded microfracture surgery. This in all likelihood isn't the case either, as an injury such as this would be slow in onset - resulting in swelling and pain knee after exercise.

20. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Excellent post