1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hughes scores 41.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by thacabbage, Mar 10, 2000.

1. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

With the thinking that Kukoc was offered for Mobley, and Kukoc was later traded for Larry Hughes, we could have had Hughes in a Rocket uniform if we wanted. Now after watching him explode, do you wish we had pulled the trigger...Mobley for Hughes?

2. Dirt

Dirt Member

In a second.
    Hughes is putting up close to 20 pts,6 rbs,and 4 assts since the trade. I think he's
    capable of puttin up Kobe numbers in the near
    future.

As somewhat of a 76ers fan,I was ticked when this trade happened. If Larry Brown is such a genius,I can't believe he could'nt find a place for him,ala playing Hughes at SF like
    Spre does in NY.This is one deal the 76ers are gonna rue for a long time!!!!

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Do you seriously think Mobley couldn't put up 41 for the Warriors as well? Jamison isn't even playing, for crying out loud. Who would you want taking the last shot in a playoff game, Mobley or Hughes?

With all due respect, no I don't wish we had Hughes.

[This message has been edited by TheFreak (edited March 10, 2000).]

4. Dirt

Dirt Member

Do you think Mobley is capable of averaging 6 rbs and 4 assts .........

5. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

I like Mobley, but there is a large contingency on this BBS who love to complain about him day in and day out. That being so, do you think they'd complain more about a taller and supposedly more athletic player shooting worse in every category? Can you imagine that?
    <BR CLEAR="all"><CENTER><TABLE BORDER ALIGN="center"><TR><TD valign="middle"><DIV align="center">STATS</DIV></TD><TD valign="middle"><DIV align="center"><CENTER>FG%</CENTER></DIV></TD><TD valign="middle"><DIV align="center"><CENTER>3PT%</CENTER></DIV></TD><TD valign="middle"><DIV align="center"><CENTER>FT%</CENTER></DIV></TD><TD valign="middle"><DIV align="center"><CENTER>PTS</CENTER></DIV></TD></TR><TR><TD valign="middle"><DIV align="center"><CENTER>Mobley</CENTER></DIV></TD><TD valign="middle"><DIV align="center"><CENTER>41.7</CENTER></DIV></TD><TD valign="middle"><DIV align="center"><CENTER>34.1</CENTER></DIV></TD><TD VALIGN="middle"><DIV align="center"><CENTER>84.1</CENTER></DIV></TD><TD VALIGN="middle"><DIV align="center"><CENTER>15.0</CENTER></DIV></TD></TR><TR><TD valign="middle"><DIV align="center"><CENTER>Hughes</CENTER></DIV></TD><TD valign="middle"><DIV align="center"><CENTER>40.3</CENTER></DIV></TD><TD valign="middle"><DIV align="center"><CENTER>23.8</CENTER></DIV></TD><TD valign="middle"><DIV align="center"><CENTER>75.1</CENTER></DIV></TD><TD valign="middle"><DIV align="center"><CENTER>12.0</CENTER></DIV></TD></CENTER></DIV></TD></TR></TABLE></CENTER>

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

6. Dirt

Dirt Member

Dreamer,
    Since the trade,Hughes[in 4 minutes more a game than Mobley]is averaging 4 more pts a game than Mobley,2 more rebounds,1 more assist,and gets the free throw line almost 2
    times a game more. I really don't care if Mobley shoots 1 percentage point higher than Hughes,Hughes is markedly better in virtually everything else.I also think Hughes can,and will get better,where I think Mobley is as good as he'll ever be.But thats just me....

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

"Since the trade,Hughes[in 4 minutes more a game than Mobley]is averaging 4 more pts a game than Mobley,2 more rebounds,1 more assist,and gets the free throw line almost 2
    times a game more."

What's Golden State's record during that time?

8. Dirt

Dirt Member

TheFreak,
    GoldenState is 2-8 over their last 10,Houston 3-7,so I guess if you want to say Mobley's better because the Rockets have a better record,go right ahead. I thought,however,that this thread was debating who was better based on athletic albility,game stats etc,not on whose team has the better record.

[This message has been edited by Dirt (edited March 12, 2000).]

9. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Add that to the fact that Hughes is anchoring the biggest peice of sh*t the NBA has seen in the last 10 years (Jamison injured, Starks traded). Mobley on the other hand has talented players like Francis, Thomas, Cato, and Anderson to help him get a better record by 1 game.

Just something to think about.

10. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

If I were the Warriors, I would rather have Hughes. I don't need someone who is a good shooter, just someone who about anytime can get off a halfway decent shot off. But if Hughes was a Rocket instead of Mobley, we would be a worse team right now, IMHO. Think about it this way, the loss of Hughes isn't going to impact the play of 6ers that much (at least in the short-term), because like us with Stevie, they have Iverson who can do what Hughes can (create/put pressure on the D), AND hit an outside shot. Hughes has a bigger upside because of his youth, but we are better right now because we have Cuttino.

Just to add, Hughes' FG% with Phily this yera is almost exactly like Mobley's in Houston. Given he was playing with a team with Iverson and generally more talented front court players, you would expect him to shoot better with Phily than Cuttino has done in the Rockets. Also, with Phily, his 3% was a completely brutal 22% this year, and Dennis Rodman-esk 15% last year.

[This message has been edited by sir scarvajal (edited March 13, 2000).]

11. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Yep. We got nothing to lose so why not give Brooks a chance as well. He show glimpses of speed and great shooting touch which something we def. need. Let shake things up and make it interesting because MJ, SF3 are not consistent. Let give AB opp. to fight for PT because it'd benefit Rockets...

12. napalm

napalm Contributing Member

Wth :confused: ! Why did you dig up a thread from seven years ago? Bah!

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Never been more :confused:

14. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

for dragging up a seven year old thread:

[​IMG]

15. poprocks

poprocks Member

You just never know about NBA players. Nobody thought Arenas was going to be anything. For all we know, Landry might be the next great star buried on the bench.

16. TracyMcCrazyeye

o god i thought hughes scored another 41 pts after his 36pt game. thanks a lot.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Looks like a foolish rookie is gonna get banned.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't get this. He quoted something from another thread in this thread? I don't think thats ever been done. Make em a super member for innovation.

19. MexAmercnMoose

wait....why did he quote a dd post that is not even in this thread?? :confused: :confused:

20. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

I was playing NBA 2K8 on the PS3 last night for the first time (my friends PS3) and happened to be the cavaliers when they had hughes. Ironically, hughes carried the team in a loss to the kings. He had 21 points on 8 for 20 shooting. James really didn't do too much.

Hope this helps some.