1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kidd acused of sexual Molestation.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rocketsjudoka, Dec 14, 2007.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

More women trouble for Kidd.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7565098?MSNHPHMA

Lawsuit accuses Kidd of molestation
    Associated Press, Updated 16 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AP) - New Jersey Nets star Jason Kidd is being sued by a 23-year-old model who accuses him of groping and threatening her at a Manhattan nightclub two months ago.

An attorney for Kidd called the allegations "false" and "defamatory" and the lawsuit an attempt to get money from the All-Star guard, who earns almost $20 million a year.
    The lawsuit, filed in Manhattan's state Supreme Court, says Kidd "battered and assaulted" the woman in the Lower West Side club Tenjune on Oct. 10 when he "grabbed her buttocks and crotch on multiple occasions."

"He kept staring at her and then went over and grabbed her butt," the woman's lawyer, Russell S. Adler, said Friday. He said, "She told him 'Get off me! Get away from me!"' before bouncers pulled Kidd away.

Words were exchanged and Kidd grabbed the woman again, pushing her against a wall and putting his hand under her dress, Adler said. When she protested, the lawyer said, Kidd asked, "If we have a fight, who do you think is going to win?"

Adler said when his client tried to send a text message, Kidd slapped her cell phone out of her hand. Adler said she left the club in the Meatpacking District a short time after that.

A spokesman for the New York City Police Department confirmed on Oct. 17 that the woman had filed a criminal complaint against the All-Star guard, accusing him of the acts now alleged in the lawsuit that was filed Thursday.

Adler said he was unaware of any law enforcement action against Kidd related to that complaint. "We are hopeful that the district attorney's office will file charges against him," the lawyer said.

The woman's lawsuit asks for unspecified compensatory and punitive damages.

Kidd's attorney, Paul Grand, issued a statement that said, "We have not yet seen the complaint, but these claims were false when they were first fabricated two months ago, and they remain false today. This lawsuit is nothing more than a brazen and defamatory search for a payout."

A spokesman for Kidd, Scott Miranda, did not immediately return a call for comment, but he said in October the accusation was "a complete fabrication" and that it was "sad that someone would make something like this up."

Gary Sussman, Nets vice president for public relations, said Friday the organization had no comment since the claims involve a pending legal matter.

Kidd, in the midst of a divorce, has denied his wife's charges that he cheated on her and physically abused her during their 10-year marriage. He claimed in his divorce papers earlier this year that he was the victim of spousal abuse.

The couple married in 1997 and were involved in a domestic violence matter six years ago when Kidd was playing for the Phoenix Suns. He pleaded guilty to spousal abuse, was fined $200 and ordered to take anger management training.

2. biggz

biggz Member

Wow...Im not saying that Kidd is guillty but didnt someone try to sue him for sexual molestation a couple seasons ago?

Night clubs are like hell and kryptonite to NBA players.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I do not understand why NBA players continue to go to clubs. Can't they get sluts delivered?

4. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

accusing NBA player of fathering a child - OUT
    accusing NBA player of rape/sexual abuse - IN

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You get the money and you don't even have to have sex with them?

I'm kind of surprised at your guys . ..
    How could you pass this up:

If you gonna have a club . . i guess that is where it should be

Rocket River

6. apocclass

apocclass Member

they do have a right to go out and have a good time man.

not sure what to think about this one. part of me thinks she wouldnt go this far with this unless she had alot witnesses to back her story up, so she could be telling the truth. the other part of me thinks shes just some "model" trying to get her name on the frontpage to hopefully advance her modeling career and /or get some of kidds cash.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

If I'm making millions I'd think there'd be better ways to have fun.

8. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

she was one of the hotter wives of an NBA player that I have seen

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

well NBA players already make a living playing bball so going to clutchfans bball get togethers isn't exactly their idea of fun either.

Lots of pro athletes still hit the clubs, its the thrill of the hunt and sense of empowerment that they feel when women go after them/their money. They don't exactly hit up their local bbs to find chicks.

10. poprocks

poprocks Member

This is why I would never trade for this guy. Might be a great basketball player but he is a piece of trash. Very bad PR for any organization. At least a guy like Artest is trying.

11. RocketsAddict

RocketsAddict Member

Give the guy a break pls ladies.

12. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

That could give you migraines I guess.

13. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RZNnq_8A554&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RZNnq_8A554&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

What kind of generalizations are you trying to make here? You think I'm stupid enough to think everyone with money should be exactly like me? If you do, thats a sad world you live in.

All I'm saying is that if you go to a club filled with gold-digging sluts and gangstas who are looking to get into a gunfight, you might want to try another venue. NBA Players are morons if they consistently put their careers, wealth, and lives at risk because they continually need some sort of constant validation of their power.

#14 moestavern19, Dec 15, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  15. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

LOL too easy...was just effing with u on the bball get together comment...

...its their money, they can do what they want, your not the first or last to give that speech about what to stay way from...

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Of course they can do whatever the hell they want, But I just don't understand it. Seems like the risk isn't worth the reward.

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

NBA millionaires, or orther some very rich people, do things everyone else does just at a higher more expensive level. Their version of clutchfans bball get-togethers (as if there's anything wrong with that) is offseason rec center games, that kind of thing.

Its not like they're leaving the planet Earth to attend functions in Mars. They're in the same world everyone else is in that plays Guitar Hero and get dressed to go out for the night. Just they do it in mansions and limos.

A player can get women flown in or buy a woman for the night. He still needs to control himself and not violently impose his will. Seems Kidd settled in marriage or single's just gonna mistreat women. I see what moestavern is saying though, instead of a player "assuming" he's the sh-t to any woman he walks into and is LOOKING FOR the validation, go ahead and pay for women to already GIVE him that validation in advance.