1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eddie=Rasheed + Duncan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tozai, Dec 23, 2001.

1. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Eddie definitely has a better jumpshot than Duncan did his Fr. year. While Duncan had a better post-up game than Eddie his Fr. year.

Duncan was able to add a great jumper before he left WF. Hopefully Griffin can add a post-up game within the next 3-5 years.

I will say that Griffin is the better shot blocker than Duncan at this stage.

Moreover, he is much more explosive than Duncan.

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm glad no one says his game is like Dirks. Dirk can get the reabound and go coast to coast. he can shoot on the move and pull up in your grill. I just hope he gets more post up chances in the near future.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think Eddies game is more like Dirk's :p

4. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Eddie reminds me of Shaq.

5. PurvisShort

PurvisShort Member

i agree he's very much like shaq.

but i also think he's a Matt Bullard clone with Langhi hops. basically the same as Bull just black, athletic, lotto pick with a nasty left hook.

i also think he's the same as Duncan because they both silently wield some of the broadest vocabularies in the NBA.

finally, he's got a game modeled after Bill Walton because theyre both tall.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

There is no way he is like Shaq. Shaq had a much bigger entourage at Griffin's age, and no way Griffin develops one that will laugh at all his quotes, like Shaq's. Hell, I don't even think Griffin as a "Big Aristotle" quote in is body even if he had the perfect posse.

I do think it is very perceptive of you to notice that Purvis Short was never short and the differences in skill color between Griffin and a Bullard/Langhi hybrid clone.

However, I think Francis is more of the Walton type, because of the foot problems and the fact he insulted Canada. I know he isn't as tall, but they are both unselfish, with controversarial quotes, and bad feet. So, before you go off comparing Griffin to Walton, you have to consider that Francis is a lot closer to retiring to become a bad sportscaster than Eddie will ever be.

7. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Get a reeeebound if you're a Rocket!!