1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Aaron Brooks do what Monta Ellis does for GS?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by runninhorns, Nov 27, 2007.

1. runninhorns

runninhorns Rookie

I think that Brooks can do what ME does for GS. They're both lightening quick but ME is 3 inches taller. On the other hand, I believe AB is a better shooter than ME and can be a better contributor than ME because he can knock down all the open jumpers RA can't. Our offense isn't as good as it should be because defenses leave our PGs open. Our avg offense can become a great offense with a PG that can make the open jumper. ( where are you sam cassell? ). I believe that what matters is point differentia in this league. If you play fast, you'll naturally give up more points, so I think we can greatly increase our point differential with a PG that can shoot the open J at about 40%. We need Rick Adelman to give AB a shot. He can easily be the steal of the draft. Now, why would Rick do that? He can afford to give AB a shot because he is surrounded by veterans and Tmac can play some point to ease the transition. I believe we need to give AB a shot ASAP.

2. kwng

kwng Member

He could if he can stay clam and control his nerve. So far he is abit
    nervous and this affect his confidence, his passing and his shots.

3. jlivz

jlivz Contributing Member

I like AB, but Monta Ellis plays well because GS doesn't play defense. ME also doesn't run the plays for GS, Baron Davis does. AB would get abused on defense and I wouldn't expect him to be able to run the offense our vets can't even adjust to. Give him time.

4. runninhorns

runninhorns Rookie

I think AB might actually adjust to this offense better than our vets. He played in this offensive system in the summer league and tore it up. I think he can be a great contributor. Rafer just sucks. I would have thought that this style of offense would have suited Rafer better but he doesn't know what to do with the freedom he has. Rafer needs to be limitted and told what to do ( ala JVG).

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Ellis didn't do much his rookie year, though some of that can be blamed on his overmatched coach (at the time). I'm not expecting a lot from AB this season, though he needs to get a shot if Rafer and MJ don't start playing better. I definitely think AB has the potential to be a solid double-digit scorer.

Ellis was amazing last night. That 4th quarter burst was incredible. Maybe that gives him the confidence to take his game to another level. I'm gonna try and catch more Warriors games because of him.

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Aaron Brooks defending SG's? Ummm........

[​IMG]

7. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

why love for AB now? what happened to the Francis OF?

8. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Unfortunately all our PG has higher seniority than him and we're in the win-now mode so don't have the luxury of developing him. All he needs is NBA experience. Hopefully Rockets won't pull a "Spur". Let him rot on the bench eventually trade him to another team only to see him come back and torch you like Beno Udrih did.

9. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Unfortunately all our PG has higher seniority than him and we're in the win-now mode so don't have the luxury of developing him esp when we have Tmac and Yao. All he needs is NBA experience. Hopefully Rockets won't pull a "Spur". Let him rot on the bench eventually trade him to another team only to see him come back and torch you like Beno Udrih did.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

They didn't let him rot on the bench. Beno was given every chance to succeed, failed to perform and was cut loose because they gave up on him. They had no choice.

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Monta Ellis averaged something like 50 points a game in high school. He is a freak of nature.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Has Ellis improved on his outside shooting?

13. D.J. Augustin

D.J. Augustin Member

Well if you want Brooks to play, then you have to reduce some of Francis' minutes.

14. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

some goofball waived Ellis in my fantasy league as he was only averaging about 12 pts.

I, of course, claimed him immediately, and his first 2 games for me he goes off his head (back to back career high games)

doesnt usaully work out well when i get pick someone up off the waiver wire, i have a habit of stopping people in their tracks. :(

15. runninhorns

runninhorns Rookie

NO!!!! you reduce Rafer's minutes.. You really can't reduce Francis's minutes becauase he gets just about no playing time.

16. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

isn't monta 6'3 and aaron 5'11... enough said.

17. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

LOL! :D

18. Ashes

Ashes Member

It would be nice, but I'd rather Aaron Brooks be able to do what Chris Paul does for NO. ;)

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Honestly I can't say because, except for the Suns game, Ellis hasn't done much when I've seen him play this season. Against Phoenix, he was deadly from mid-range.