1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[game1]13-0 with some pics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Oct 31, 2007.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

so tm1ym11 and i went to the game last night and oh man needless to say it was great but gut wrenching...but we won and my rocket game attendance goes to 13-0.

i am pretty tired right now so i'll put up some pics and fill in the details later.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hayesfan these are for you when chuck came out we got his attention and he laughed and pointed straight at us..i was like man Hayesfan is gonna be sooo jealous!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this pic below is on the latimes website right now...their photographer took a picture of us...it was funny the usher actually kicked him out of the section saying he wasnt allowed to take pictures and he had his press pass and all...he went and got a staples center official to put the usher in her place and then went to taking our pic again
    [​IMG]

so we get there early to staples to make sure we get into our seats to try to get some good pics of the players during shootaround. outside we had a lot of guys looking at us of course and just staring but whatever. when we got to one side of the staples center we were looking for someone to take a picture of us and this chinese guy came up and said, hey can i take a picture of you guys..we told him only if he took one for us with our cameras. he told us later he is part of the chinese media and works for a magazine (it sounded like it was the chinese version of the NBA inside stuff magazine) and that he would get us into the issue and try to put us on the cover. of course he asked if we liked Yao and we both said of course, but we were sporting any Yao jerseys that night.

there were a few rockets fans around there, two mcgrady fans came up to us, high school kids, and talked to us for a bit since their laker friends were giving them crap for wearing rockets jerseys. There was a guy there wearing a Scola jersey! he look like he was argentinian though and probably was the first LOF.

as we entered our section I yelled out, "Houston Rockets!" to a mainly empty crowd, one of the ushers behind us said "dont bring that stuff into my house"
    I said "Its gonna be our house after tonight!"

we sat down in our seats and AB, Novak, Landry, Scola were all doing shooting drills. Then Chucky came out and we started yelling at him he looked at us and pointed and started laughing at us. Later on bonzi came out and started doing stretches and some shots and hit the jumprope. After bonzi Shane came out in his actual warmup shirt and jersey shorts (everyone else were wearing the warmup shorts) and shot around. We yelled out to us and he acknowledged us and smiled as well.

Then Deke came lumbering out man he is TALL. we yelled he looked over to us and then went back to his hook shot drills.

Marc Stein was to our left and when he came up we took a pic with him and I asked him "hey how come you aren't on the same page as Hollinger. That guy got it rest the rest of you guys need to ask him for advise"

The game itself was rough especially the start of the game. Most of the laker fans around us were pretty cool cept I didnt care for the people right behind us. they kept leaving during the game to go sit at the bar and drink and when they came back they'd yell at me to sit down...i'd get up during a basket made or soemthing. it was annoying cuz 1/2 the time they werent even there. I was getting a lot of txt msgs from my lakers friends early in the game that magically stopped coming once we started taking the lead.

Whenever Brian cook came into the game, I told everyone around us its over now OUR MVP is in the rockets gonna seal it now. Man they all knew it was true too. The guy is TERRIBLE.

Jim Brown, the HOF NFL player, was sitting right in front of us and when he got up at half time he turned and looked at us and started to laugh.

I got a bit ahead of myself and txted dave2000 13-0 up 12 with 90 secs left and then the turnover and missed FT barrage came. When fisher hit that jumper my heart sank but there was time and we had the ball and we had tmac. I thought back to the game 2 years ago when he hit that layup to win the game. Dribbling and then I see the pass, I couldnt see Shane shoot it but I saw the ball go up and into the hoop and thats when I just started going nuts.

leaving the arena a few rocket fans gave us high fives..we got a few f the rockets and man tmac sucks and all

OGKashMoney was in the same row as us one section over we kept waving back and forth to each other.

All in all it was fun times

13-0 and coming to houston saturday

EDIT:
    my steve novak moment: so when steve was leaving shootaround i kept yelling at him and he turned and smiled and then I yelled hey steve remember me? and he turned back and started laughing and waved at me.

(for those who may not know i wore my novak jersey to the summer league games in vegas where novak signed it saying i was the only guy who had his jersey he even put the security guy in his place telling him to let me through into the tunnel)

#1 The_Yoyo, Oct 31, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  2. The_Yoyo

[​IMG]
    no idea whats going on here with coach turner but he did look at us and appreciate our get up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. qpx

qpx Contributing Member

Haha, I was behind you guys when checking in....

4. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

That's awesome. The organization gotta make sure you go to at least 4 games every round when the playoff comes. ;)

5. tm1ym11

tm1ym11 Member

Fun stuff all around. Shane was our savior. Hell big ups to that LA Times guy for taking our pic

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

7. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Dude! I saw you guys there! you were kinda sitting behind the hoop right?

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Were you the guy in the Rockets uni who was cheering behind the basket after Shane's 3 pointer? That was classic.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Nice pics! Does anyone doubt that The_YoYo is a true fan? Wish I could have been there with you showing the LA crowd what real support is!

Hey man, where's the beads?!? :p

10. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Those are fantastic Yoyo! You all must have had great seats.

Heck with the organization, we here at clutchfans must make sure Yoyo is at all the playoff games! ;)

11. Tree Rollins

Tree Rollins Member

You need to brand that on the side of a cow.

12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

13. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

dudes, how did you get it that early?

14. dedong22

dedong22 Member

nice pics guys, seem like you really got there early

15. mj10501

mj10501 Contributing Member

way to rep fellas

16. The_Yoyo

yeah we got there early to try to see the guys warm up...they let people in at 6 about 90 mins before the game it was pretty chill outside of one b!tchy b!tch usher who i got into an arguement too...she wouldnt let me go over one section to take a proper picture with keith jones and chuck going into the tunnel even though this was like an hour before tip off and no one outside of like 10 people were sitting around.

i forgot the beads! sorry xerobull its a def go for houston though!

17. The_Yoyo

we were behind the basket yeah but on the other side of the court near the rockets bench

but i didnt see tm1ym11 but i was going ballistic and after that went in and turn back to the crowd behind me and was like "Wassup Now?"

there were some punk kids (i would have smack them hard if they were mine) cussing us out after the game and then saying it was only one game...we told them thats one more than you guys have right now

original post edited with some details

18. Hayesfan

It's nice to be thought of! Thanks for posting the Chuckie pics do you care if I post them on my site with links to your post here?

19. The_Yoyo

nope not at all i have some other ones if you want me to email them to you,

20. Hayesfan

That would be great! Thanks Yoyo! You should be able to email me from the site here. To get the address I will reply back! :)