1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[official Rocket Hero] Kenny Smith Appreciation Thread/Education

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Downtown

Downtown Contributing Member

Paper: HOUSTON CHRONICLE

TINMAN AND KENNY SMITH TO WED!!!!!!!!!!!

By DALE ROBINSON
    Staff

October 19, 2007

It should no suprise to Rockets fans, in general, and to Clutch Fans, in paticular, that the long-held-behind-the scenes, but sizzling romance between these two is finally taking them to the Altar. When Smith was asked if any Rocket fans would be attending, Tinman who was tightly clutching Kenny's arm, came out of his normally shy and sheepish manner to quickly assert that only those who continued to worship and adore "His Man" in spite of years of Smith's demonstrating his ungrateful disloyalty to the team and the City that gave him his undeserving fame, would even be considered on the guest list... As it turns out, then, there will be very few fans present...!

#141 Downtown, Oct 19, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

another reason to hate Kenny. Kenny remarried a hot actress.
    People are jealous of his success post Rockets and all these newbies hate his success with the Rockets.
    [​IMG]

3. Downtown

I can promise you that there is nothing that Kenny Smith has that I want or am jealous of up to and including his wife, and the point is not whether I or anyone else appreciates his contribution to the glory days of our back-to-back Rocket Championships.

The real point of contention is the observable and obvious lack of appreciation that Kenny Smith himself has demonstrated over and over again for his own said glory days as a Rocket and, further, the arrogance that causes him to dismiss so easily the very platform that gave him such a place and position of distinction. It would be so easy for him to acknowledge this, but since he has chosen not to do so it, it only makes him look small and underscores that without the Rockets, there would be no Kenny Smith.

By the way, I have been a Rocket fan from the very beginning of the franchise and a daily reader of this website for many years, an occasional poster for some time now. Maybe in spite of you having been here since 1999, you are the real "newbie" because any true-blue, long-term Rocket fan would not defend his gross oversight and inaction as you have done.

4. fromobile

fromobile Contributing Member

Personally, I think Kenny is a little pissed at the rocket's management. However, once again, great post. Thanks.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

True..
    Kenny is loyal to Rudy T.

on Sirius Radio and many times through TNT, he has mentioned the championships.

Playing with Dream, Clyde, Vernon, Sam, Robert, Rudy T.

his guests on his Sirius Radio show are:
    Sam
    Chucky Brown
    Mario Elie

you can dig up the info.
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ENJG7TPIlyw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ENJG7TPIlyw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

this is a side note, when Charles says that the Spurs cheated so they can get Duncan in the draft. Note how you would never hear Clyde or anyone dare say that. We all know its the truth and Charles said it!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tv24frDECA4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tv24frDECA4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#145 tinman, Oct 19, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

Sorry.
    1. there's no blue in the Rockets.
    2. I've met Hakeem/Otis/Clyde/Calvin.. Blessed and chosen by the Rocket Gods. There energy they gave me will never burn out.

A true Rocket fan NEVER FORGETS CLUTCHCITY.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6ixyMQX9_wo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6ixyMQX9_wo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

7. tinman

Supporting Member

"THE BASIS AND FOUNDATION IS BELIEVING IN ONE ANOTHER"
    -KENNY SMITH

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6701uo3vBrg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6701uo3vBrg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

8. tinman

Supporting Member

"MARIO, DON'T EVEN WORRY, I'M NOT GOING TO HESITATE"

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hWuz_1LAGeo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hWuz_1LAGeo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

9. tinman

Supporting Member

1. Absolutely False, mentions the championships on TNT, talks about the glory days about the Rockets on his radio show. I'll give you $10 bucks to try out sirius radio and listen to his show.

2. Kenny, Calvin Murphy can say whatever they feel about the Rockets. The Rockets HAVE NOT PROVEN THEM WRONG. Unless you live in BIZZARO FREAKING WORLD, there are no CHAMPIONSHIPS WITH YAO, TMAC, STEVE, JVG, etc. whenever they win, then they get CREDIT. they don't DESERVE CREDIT at all now. What have they done? seriously.

3. The Rockets existed without Kenny Smith. However THE TEAM created CLUTCH CITY. Without his work and championships, we'd be the TENNESSEE OR LOUISVILLE ROCKETs like the OILERS. That's why this is called Clutch City not just the Rockets. Maybe you lost your memory. This is that team.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mJMeUCXRLIE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mJMeUCXRLIE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

10. Mad-Mac

Mad-Mac Member

Dude, just don't go there...

11. A00man

A00man Member

Holy moly, I have never seen someone so damn obsessed with a former role player!

It's just downright scary! :eek:

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Fixed.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

you know it, if you lived through SAVEOURROCKETS.COM, you know it was a scary time knowing that WE WON THE ONLY CHAMPIONSHIPS and we might have lost the team. You know how Houston is (nothing against the hardcore Houstonians like Rocketman95 etc) a bunch corporate band wagoners. when you get pissed when you see empty seats, those seats were bought by corporations for their clients. they aren't hardcore fans. Its about making money. We needed a new stadium so the owners can make more money, more luxury suites, more fancy concessions. This isn't the Chicago Cubs and Wrigley field, where people go to the games no matter how bad the Cubs are.

the NEWBs don't know this. They take :
    1. The Rockets championships
    2. Clutchfans.net

for granted. They didn't know how hard it was to get to this point. They didn't know how hard it was for the Rockets to FINALLY BREAKTHROUGH with a championship team. They don't know that Dream wanted to leave the Rockets cause he was so frustrated with the losing and sub par supporting casts.

THEY DON'T KNOW. its our job as the Keepers of the Faith to educate them and teach them about RESPECT.

14. surrender

surrender Member

15. tinman

Supporting Member

you're right.
    I'm the bus driver,
    taking all these kids to school!

16. Downtown

Would have been nice to have seen Kenny Smith live by his own words in relationship to the Rockets

17. tinman

Supporting Member

ok,
    YOU TELL ME what he should say about the Rockets??!!
    tell me what he should have said.

1. last year
    2. the year before
    3. the year before that

TELL ME.

is it this?
    1. Yao+Tmac = Shaq + Kobe = 3 championships?

18. Mad-Mac

Mad-Mac Member

I was just pointing out that you mentioned the Oilers without cursing Bud Adams and/or Bob Lanier...

Fact of the matter is that there was a serious threat by ALL of Houston's pro teams to leave not that long ago. I'm well aware of and appreciate the saveourrockets era, don't confuse young and ignorant of the past. There is nothing easy about winning a championship, just ask Stockton and Malone ;)

19. Downtown

20. tinman

Supporting Member

if the Oilers won the Super Bowl that would have put immense pressure on the city and Bud Adams to build a new stadium for them.

Let's say it was the Cowboys. No way any of the parties would have let them leave Dallas or else the people would have stampeded them.

And for the Cleveland analogy (i know it will come), Modell left Cleveland NINJA Style without the Dawg Pound knowing.

To simply discredit Kenny Smith for his honest opinions and then taint his legacy with the Rockets with false claims of being 'a scrub' is the reaction of an uneducated bunch.

here's another example with using Barkley. When we got the new uniforms (pajamas) we all know that they were ugly. Barkley was the first one to say it (often) not caring what Les Alexander says. People respect that honesty.

Also, i mentioned this before. When I talked to Walton when we first got JVG, he told me that we weren't going to do crap under JVG. Walton, never played with the Rockets and people can just excuse that as him 'hating the Rockets' . However if Kenny says that, people go "he's a traitor". Walton was right.
    I respect that.