1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hornets 10/9/2007 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2007.

1. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

um, when teams blow another team out, the other team usually does that--miss shots, take dumb shots, don't play within themselves.

look at how we played in the 2nd half w/o tmac and yao. play stagnant, no movement, took dumb shots, no team chemistry, that's why we blew the big lead.

the first unit didn't even play that great. tmac missed a lot. yao missed a lot.

but the thing you have to like is that yao CAN play at this pace.

tmac has lost his fear of hurting his back as he tried to put a facial and elevated PRETTY HIGH on that dunk attempt.

just from those 2 observations, i thought we were good.

we're just much better than the hornets w/ our top 5 that's all.

2. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Agreed, the rest of the league should be VERY concerned after the whoopin we put on last night, it's goin to be a fun year!

3. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

So what happens when james brings that mentality in the 1st..and the 2nd...and the 3rd? Randomly slashing while ignoring every other Rocket on the floor, only to kick the ball out with about 4 seconds left on the shotclock? We saw a lot of that when he was with us a couple of seasons ago. The offense stagnated but since James personally had good stats, a lot of people didn't realize how badly he hurt the team's offense. Remember reading the quotes from Toronto fans when James was shipped out? Relief. Lots of relief that the ballhog was out of town.

4. roooshi

roooshi Member

whoopin if u consider a loss and 20+ turnovers. lol

5. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

And who did you want james to pass it to?. justin reed? steve novak? .you talk about him being a ball hog, but who exactly did you want james to pass the ball to?

And no, if tracy and yao were there in the 4th quarter, noway james would have went all by himself. he was going all out because he was our best option out there. i'm sure the coaching staff pretty much told him the same thing. but if tracy or yao were there he would have handed the rock to one opf them.

As for he's stats, it wa'nt great. Another thing to remember IT'AS ONLY A PRE-SEASON GAME.

6. zong

zong Member

The first half was good, the second half was bad. MJ was not a PG. SF3 did not play much, do not know why, but he can still jump. Head likes turn the ball over. A lost.

7. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

It's called variety and it makes it harder for the defense to know what to expect. Yao will still get his touches in the post and still dominate, but other players will be given an opportunity to score now also.

The more weapons we have the better we'll be.

8. poprocks

poprocks Member

I just wanna know who that player that got POSTERIZED!! LOL :D

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I know it's to early to tell....but I don't think the defense will be all that bad either.

10. chicho

chicho Member

first post! :D

Does anyone have the francis video from last night??

thanks.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Welcome! Check the front page of ClutchFans.net, and you'll find the Francis dunk. Upper right. Clutch is a very, VERY busy guy, but he's pretty good about stuff like that. You should have been lurking when he had a lot more time, and not those silly distractions like family, kids, work... those unimportant things. ;)

12. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Welcome to the BEST fan site EVER!

13. dedong22

dedong22 Member

didn't watch the 2nd half and it was kinda surprising to see the hornets coming back on top... anywayz, from the first half, i think the players that currently best suit the offense are yao, alston, shane, scola and bonzi (tmac still playing alot of isolation, not much cutting except for a few fast breaks)... one thing of them in common: smart plays...
    and the more i see rafer play, the more i believe he's gonna be a keeper, except we could find an even better ball-handler, otherwise i dont see stevie and MJ runnning the offense. they are not ball-hogs, they just dont know when and where to pass... hope to see AB soon on thursday, but this team is so much deeper than last year, and most importantly: no more ugly ball games :D

14. Starvela

Starvela Contributing Member

How does the new floor look?

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It was a road game.

16. dedong22

dedong22 Member

with yao in the block and nice defends like shane and tmac, we gotta be good denfensively, but without those players on court, i wont have too much faith in our D

17. Barkley

Barkley Member

Probably great, We'll see tomorrow

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The defense was pretty bad whenever Yao wasn't on the court. We're going to have a tough time defending bigger teams playing small ball. I still don't know how Adelman is going to fit Mutombo and Butler into this offense.

19. superhoga

superhoga Member

5 minutes, 2 turnovers, no assists, a rebound, a giant leaping dunk for no points. OK, I have an idea that will make the Steve-lovers and the Steve-haters happy. Make Steve the half-time show. He gets his court-time, he can do all the sick dunks he wants, and his playing won't hurt the team. Since jumping high seems to be his big talent and all.

20. RoxBro

RoxBro Member

I'm not concerned with a win or a loss right now. I just want everyone to get a good evaluation of skills and some familiarity with the offense. That will in turn lead to wins.