1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which one do you think is more acceptable

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by windfern, Aug 22, 2007.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Word!

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

yeah, i really don't see that as being a good defense to perjury.

3. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I think the way in which Bush has prosecuted the Iraq war is less acceptable than the Clinton thing. I think the Clinton thing was more clearly breaking the law and worthy of impeachment, but the way Bush (and Rumsfeld) blundered the Iraq war has much graver consequences. I still think it can be recovered from.

4. windfern

windfern Member

You see deep my friend. Let's focus on the tip of the iceberg cuz nobody is 100 percent sure what's down below.

The obvious things are, Clinton commited perjury. And Bush's war in Iraq is uncontrollable and they did not find WMD, and Halliburton is making money.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Not being angry at G W Bush . . is the least you can do right?

Rocket River
    hilarious

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I didn't write that I wasn't angry at Bush, but that I was angrier at his more experienced advisors. Illiterate much?

7. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

I don't see what Clinton did has that aggregious since really it was a witchhunt and they were fishing for something.

They couldn't get him on White Water, so they found sex, and put him in an awkward position. We now know that Clinton should have been smart and declared executive privledge, and he could have avoided the whole affair (no pun intended).

8. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

It would have been fun watching Tom DeLay drop dead on the House floor of a massive coronary had Bill Clinton misused executive privilege back then as Bush does now.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

boys will be boys?

tautologies are ironclad

10. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

9/11 happened in 2001 because Bin Laden realized way before most US citizens that W is the biggest moron on planet earth. He wouldn't have bothered if it Al Gore was in the white house over the last 7 years instead worrying about global warming.

11. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

Clinton's success was not messing up with Islamic extremests close up. Bin Laden and co wrote an "Encyclopedia of Jihad", convincing those extremests that they are worshiping the God by blowing up US tanks. The more conflict you get into with them, the more convinced they are. Religion is tricky.

12. Arkansas rox

Arkansas rox Member

not only are these two issues uncomparable (both in that they're two entirely different subjects and that clinton was by far superior to bush in terms of improving americans' lives and strengthening our alliances) but abut also trying to do so downsizes bush's HUGE mistake of sending u.s. troops to iraq...shameful sex scandal in an otherwise perfect presidency vs. boneheaded move of sending thousands of troops to death for no reason in an administration that was already f***ing up in the first place....u decide

13. Highwire

Highwire Member

in other words, make love not war ;)

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Killing osama would not have stopped 9/11. You are not fighting a man, but an ideology. Best way to win is be nice to your enemy and win them over with love.

15. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

After all, they are just after a little Lebensraum.

16. Highwire

Highwire Member

IN other words, vote for democrats. ;)

17. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Had Clinton been the president of an european country, there wouldn't have been a scandal, and he wouldn't have had to testify anything in a court, much less speaking the congress.

What Bush has done is simply unforgivable, no matter how you slice it.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Anyone remember Francois Mitterand's funeral, where his wife, mistress and their children were all seated on the front row?

19. windfern

windfern Member

This reminds me of the burial of my grandfather. It was interesting to find out and meet new blonde aunts and uncles that are younger than me.

Nasty grandpa. :D.