1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming No.1 in the League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Apr 11, 2007.

Tags:
  1. jlwee

jlwee Member

I found it strange last night against the suns, yao looked dead tired in the first half then suddenly came alive in the second half.... what did yao smoke during the half time :confused: :D

2. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I was impressed with JVG's substitution patterns the past few games. Yao got a good chunk of rest in the 3rd quarter and had a strong 4th quarter because of it. Fatigue wasn't a factor down the stretch for him. In comparison McGrady was running on fumes in the 4th, and didn't get enough rest in his latest 4th quarter bench break.

I believe Worrell was saying McGrady usually gets a couple of minutes of rest til around the 7:30 mark, but last night he had to get back on the court at around 8:30 mark instead. It's amazing how much a single minute can make such a difference on a player's stamina towards the end of the game. I will say though McGrady's strong 3rd quarter allowed Yao to rest longer than he probably normally would so it paid off in the end.

3. chenglug

chenglug Contributing Member

Maybe that's why Kobe's team keeps losing.

4. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

ok wth dude.... :confused:

5. DreamRoxCoogFan

im pretty sure yaos been working on his stamina every summer (iono which rock some clutchfans are living under of they didnt know that), so whoever thinks hell never be able to dominate for 48 minutes a game, there no reason to believe that he can't do it.

6. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

If yao can give me 36 minutes of league best effecient per minute numbers, i dont give a flying monkey if he cant play 42 minutes of effecient basketball.

7. CompaqC

CompaqC Member

Your attempt at looking smart failed.....it was an overtime game!

;)

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

How in the world do people end up bringing back old a$$ threads? I don't get it, do people just sit there and browse through months and months of threads until they find one to reply? Or maybe people are following the season through this board and are just a tad bit late?

9. rayallen07

rayallen07 New Member

Congratulations!Big Yao,good luck!

10. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

You cite one case where Yao played over 48 minutes and performed well statistically, but that has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion. If you are implying Yao should play this much, then you are an idiot.

Yao does suck when over used, we all know his weakness. His lack of stamina also will not help him age. I don't think he will be in the league longer than some of the other stars mentioned just because he plays 37 min. Height ages well, but I'm not sure Yao is quick enough to be that veteran post presence down the road. I hope I'm wrong.

11. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

he's 7'6. i think yao will probably play until he's 30-31. but he'll have a tremendous career until he's 30-31 :D

12. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

You dug up a 4 month old thread to say this? :confused:

Why?