1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

J. Howard sighting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ToyCen428, Aug 25, 2007.

Tags:
  1. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

At approx. 12:41pm today I pulled in front of Chipotle on Kirkwood/Westheimer, saw him coming out of Jamba Juice. But he's a regular there so it isn't really a big deal. Just thought I'd let you guys know he's still in town.

2. RAID

RAID Contributing Member

let us know if you see him running out of Sunglass Hut

3. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

lol what was the deal behind this anyway. Is it a rumor or did he really try to get away with a free pair of shades?

4. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Last year he was accused of stealing some $4,000 (Im not real sure of the amount) from a Florida store.

Turns out later he was innocent.

5. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Edit.

6. Highwire

Highwire Member

Go away juwan!!!!!

7. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

You can't fault the guy if he bleed Rocket Red!!!! He wants to be here. I would never turn away a Rocket Fan. If Juwon outplays his ROCKET competition, I have no problem with him signing back with the team. ABLE BODIED VETERAN LEADERSHIP CANNOT BE UNDERESTIMATED.

Francis too became a true Rocket. Rocket Red runs through those guys veins! I am expecting a revitalized Francis; a guy who will take up where he left off when he left to Orlando.

GOOOO GOOOO Rocket True players! :D

8. First Lady

First Lady Member

I hope he doesn't come back. He'll only be taking away minutes from Scola. Minutes that Scola could certainly use in developing his game. Juwan is very much nearing the end of the road and I'm afraid the Rockets will keep him well into his 40's like we do with Mutombo.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If Scola is as great as everyone thinks, he won't have to worry about anyone taking away his minutes.

If Juwan Howard is taking away Scola's minutes, maybe Scola is not that great.

10. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

Link where it says he was innocent? I've been thinking that he's been guilty this whole time :confused:

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If he takes minutes away from Scola then Scola ain't as good as people think.

Bring Juwan back... just sit on the bench and get yourself a ring JHo!

12. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Although I like JH HE KINDA BRINGS BAD LUCK and that's the reason why I DON'T WANT HIM IN H-TOWN :p

13. First Lady

First Lady Member

Usually international players take about a season or 2 to develop or get used to the system. If Juwan comes back I'm afraid that will slow down the growth of Scola and he's not that young anymore either (27ish?) so the clock is ticking for him to develop faster.

Just the way I look at it.. if Scola busts in a couple of years and we don't get Juwan back, then hey, Juwan's been on the decline anyways. If Scola turns out good (which I hope he will be) then Juwan is a waste of roster space.

Juwan is a very good player to have for veteran leadership and locker room chemistry, but I think that's pretty much it. He's almost money from the 15 ft, but his invisible act from the playoffs could prove otherwise.

Hmm.. I don't know.. maybe I'm turning into what DaDa was for Vspan, except for Scola.

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It has the potential to be the Vspan situation all over again. IF we bring back Howard and IF Scola isn't all he is being hyped up to be then the smart bet will be to have Howard get most of the PT. Then, we will have a group of "fans" step forward who would prefer to see the team lose and their precious foreign player get his time rather than the team succeed and their guy spend his season on the pine.

Please let Scola be the real deal so we do not have to endure another season of that crap. Last year was bad enough.

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The only way I could stomach Juwanathan on the Rockets' payroll again would be as an assistant coach. And I don't even know if I want him teaching our PF's how not to have an inside presence.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Oberto did fine adjusting even without many minutes his first season, and he is older than Scola.

Making a player earn minutes does not prevent development. A player sucking and un willing to learn and adjust does.

If Scola has the attitude and the ability, he will learn no matter what.

Spanolis' issue was that he chose to b**** rather than learn.

17. RiceDaddy07

RiceDaddy07 Rookie

I go by that Jamba Juice all the time and I've never seen the guy. You sure he's a regular?

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

there is not a single news report I have been able to find that says he was found guilty.

Not that it matters to most on the interwebs....all ya gotta be is accused to be found guilty in the court of moron opinion.

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That is true, but if you look at the players who have come from the Argentinian National Team, they have ALL produced in their rookie campaigns. Certainly, most of them were even better in their second seasons, but still, I expect Scola, at his age & with his experience, should be just fine.

20. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Yeah, the manager that use to work there, african american guy.... told me Howard comes in there alot and so does Cuttino (in the summer) and sees Moochie from time to time. Even Stevie a few times. BTW that Chipotle kicks ASS