1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Francis Interview on 97.9 The Box

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by alexdapooh, Aug 24, 2007.

1. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Steve has to learn to move the ball and allow the game to come to him. There are many times where he will just hold the basketball becasue in his mind he still thinks he is the only threat on the court. He can't do this in this new system,he will need to learn to not need the basketball to become effective.No more stalling the offense by over dribbling and holding the ball for nothing.Move the basketball,set a screen and cut to the basket.No more standing around and watching waiting for a kick out to launch wastefull three point bricks.

2. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I just want to see him dunk on people.

3. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Yeah, that's basically what I was alluding to earlier. It would be really nice if he could fill Sura's role, and I'm rooting for him to.

4. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

I'm pulling for Stevie that he will do well with the Rox and reinvent his game for the betterment of the team.

5. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

LOL I think my blind dog knows more about basketball than you.

6. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

Hahaha! I love Stevie, that cocky b*stard. Don't take his comments too seriously, it's just a radio interview (in other words: entertainment).

7. Rover16

Rover16 Member

Well if your dog is blind, then he hasn't seen how horrible francis has been since leaving houston the first time and how broken down he is now, so I won't hold that against your dog.

8. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

u sure about that? in his mind, he prollie thinks he's still the best PG in the world.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is the interview that should be listened to and recapped.

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

steve saying he better be starting is a fast turnaround from his team first approach a few weeks ago.

i think jeff is right, that he was playing himself up for the audience, but it's possibly his true feelings as well. i personally hope he comes off the bench.

11. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

Matt Jackson just interviewed Steve on Sportsradio 610.

Matt brought up Adelman's notion that Steve could play the role of Bobby Jackson.

Steve's reply......."Bobby Jackson can't hold my jockstrap!"

Classic!

12. Rover16

Rover16 Member

Is it possible that steve's ego is even bigger than when he left? :eek: :rolleyes:

13. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

When you think about it, what exactly has Bobby Jackson accomplished?

14. Rover16

Rover16 Member

It doesn't matter. What you infer from that comment is that francis still thinks he's a superstar and is scoffing at the notion that adelman even suggested he play the role of bobby jackson. I could see francis pouting and there being chemistry issues when reality hits francis and he finds out he is playing like 15 mins a game only.

15. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

aiite, if he has this attitude, i prefer mike james over him. at least mike knew his role when he played for us.

seriously, if this dude still thinks anyone in the L thinks he's still a star, he needs to get himself checked into a psych center.

i'm fine w/ the alston-james combo b/c we really just need alston to play less than 28 mins. in shorter mins, alston is actually our best PG. it's his 40+ mins that really exposes his shortcomings.

francis should be happy he's gonna get 25 mins.

16. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

My prediction:

Steve Francis 12ppg 4rpg 4apg

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Brilliant, reasonable. And 2.8 TO

18. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

No, he doesn't think he is a superstar, just more skilled and talented than Bobby Jackson.

19. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

It isn't about what bobby jackson accomplished it's about how steve francis fits into the TEAM concept. steve francis is suffering from delusions of the highest granduer if he thinks he is going to just come in be steve franchise all over again. This is a passing offense a offense that is geared around sharing the basketball. When he was franchise the system was built around him gunning and not spreading the wealth. He is is for a rude awakening if he thinks he's going to come in here and dribble the basketball just for the sake of dribbling or holding the basketball and stalling the offense.

His butt will be on that bench real quick. Really mike james fits into what adelman wants to do with the first unit. Mike james is a better mid range player which fits into the high post game pick and roll game.I think adelman would prefer starting mike james and letting francis come off the bench and use what he does best which is using his dribbling and one on one skills to be firepower off the bench. Play the role of a barbosa,bobby jackson or vinnie johnson old school.

In order for steve to start he must stop the turnovers,stop holding the basketball,move the basketball,work on his mid range game,learn to set screens and cut to the basket and get rid of his ego and defer to T-mac and Yao.

20. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

Stevie said in the interview that he will not be dribbling out the clock like he has been hearing lately. He said that all of the teammates will have to make adjustments to their games to fit Adelman's system. The important thing is playing as a team and winning.