1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Game You've Ever Been At...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Ming Dynasty, Aug 2, 2007.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Best game I attended was Mets-Braves the first season after John ROcker made his comments about sitting next to gay guys on the 7 train while in NY. The Mets were down by 8 runs and made a vicious comeback. The crowd spent half the time pouring beer on Rocker (we were seated right next to the bullpen) and the other half chanting "Ku Klux Closer". The atmosphere was surreal.

oh this is basketball related...nvm

carry on :)

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Sadly, was only able to watch all those games on TV

Recently though, the best game I had been to was 03-04 when the Rockets finally made it back to the playoffs and played vs. the lakers, I was at the first home game, the only one they won, and it was awesome in there, couldn't even hear myself scream

3. WildSweet&Cool

I was treated to seats at mid-court, fourth row (was invited by a business contact and they were free).

The game was T-Mac's 13 in 35.

4. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

I was a season ticket holder through the 80's and the '86 playoff run was as good as it got for me watching live basketball. The greatest game I ever witnessed at any level was Game 4 of the Celtics' series, a loss by the Rockets and for all intents and purposes, the series clincher. The Sampson/Sichting fight in Game 5 happened right in front of me. That was pretty exciting too. ;)

5. zhangstein

zhangstein Member

I have been to only one NBA game so far, Houston at Memphis maybe 4 years ago (I live in Nashville).
    That game was horrible for the Rox, Memphis made so many 3s in the first 5 minutes, the game was pretty much over right after it started. :mad: :mad:

6. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

None of the above, but I was at the 94-95 season opener and the first championship ring ceremony. They gave everybody in attendance a replica ring. I lost it years ago.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

UH vs. UCLA in the Astrodome.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i was at game 7 vs. the knicks and game 4 vs. the magic.

i chose game 7 because it was the first. and because the game itself was far closer...with the outcome undecided going into the final minutes...than game 4.

but i got more satisfaction, i think, out of the second championship. added such an air of legitimacy to their first championship nationally.

9. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

None of the above.

Eddie Johnson beats Utah with buzzer beater.

ED-DIE!!! ED-DIE!! ED-DIE!!!

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I've been to only four Rockets games and all were in ATL, so none of them matter. The best one I went to was on 02/07/2004 when we beat the Hawks. It is the only time I ever got to see the Rockets win. You would think by going to Hawks games, you would have better than a 25% chance to see your team win.

I'm just bad luck I figure. :(

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Best game I've ever been to was Game 5 against the Suns in 94. This was the series that gave birth to Clutch City. We had just taken 2 at their place after being down 0-2.

We ran off the first 9 points of the game and the Suns called a quick TO. The Summit was as loud as I've ever heard it. I turned to my Dad and said, "We're going to win it all. Can you feel it?"

The Suns knew it was over at that point, you could see it in their eyes walking back to their bench.

I was also at the first game of the season last year when we DESTROYED the mavs.

#31 ima_drummer2k, Aug 3, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  12. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tmac's miracle...half the fans filed out by the fourth and me and my buddy stayed because we were going to berate Van Gundy for his sluggish offense. But we didn't get to because Tmac pulled off something amazing. Best game I'd ever been to.

13. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I only been one game in Houston, it was January 14, 2006, the rockets lost, but was a good game to me, because for the first time I was there.

But the best regular season game I been was in Mexico City it was December 6, 1997 against Dallas, it was a good game, with a very emotional finish, Hakeem did not play, Barkley played well.

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

boy it seems like half this board was at that game vs the spurs

none of the ones above i have only been to houston once earlier in the year for the first two playoff games.

but i would have to say game 1 this year.

but they've all been good to me, i been to 12 rockets games and 2 summer league and havent seen them lose yet. (i know eventually my rocket karma will come to an end but i can still keep praying)

15. Asian Sensation

That's gotta be the best regular season game ever.... I was literally thinking "Man I hate how the Rockets are the Spurs' b*tch" and then T-mac went nuts and I literally had tears of joy.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Game 6 vs. the Knicks baby... :cool:

17. AXG

AXG Member

The best game I've ever been to was the TMac 13 in 35, but I didn't see it. :p Yeah I left early.

18. shady1

shady1 Contributing Member

best game I ever went to was the 1st Yao/Shaq matchup. Great freakin game starting with two Yao blocks on Shaq, went to OT and Francis was a monster that game. I also met Calvin at that game as I had floor seats and sat right behind Bill and Calvin....that game was great for me on so many levels. I was booing the f*ck out of Kobe everytime he passed by, and the crowd was crrraaaazy!!! BEST. GAME. EVER. (until I go see my rox in the finals this year ;))

19. Bob

Bob Member

I was not at any of those games.

The most memorable playoff game I attended was the Rockets versus Lakers were Boki committed a hard foul/blocked shot on Karl Malone. Malone deservedly got some of his own medicine and didn't like it. The crowd went crazy. I was sitting in front of a group of ten Laker fans who kept shouting at me and the other Rocket fans nearby to sit down. Of course we stood up the entire game.

Unfortunately the most memorable regular season game was one of the worst games the Rockets ever played. It is the only regular season game I have been to that the Rockets lost. For some reason I always forget who we were playing but it was a bad team like the Knicks and we lost by 40 or 45. Our normally sedate fans were booing. I only wish I could blot it out of my mind.

Of the games I didn't see in person:

1. the playoff game against San Antonio where David Robinson was to receive the MVP of the league trophy. The true MVP, Hakeem, destroyed Robinson during the game.

2. the Sampson shot against the Lakers in the western conference championship series in I think 1985

20. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Member

Game 4 vs Orlando for the 2nd Championship. The atmosphere was unbelieveable!!! Dream dragged Shaq up and down the floor. The countdown of the last few minutes to the sweep. I made my downstairs. I saw Clyde and Dream slapping high fives. It was a great moment for a Rockets Fan!!! I saw the first championship on TV. There is nothing like being part of the crowd when the Rockets won Back to Back World Championships!!!

My second choice has to be Tracy's comeback. I was sitting in my seat, and I said maybe the Rockets can get it down to single digits. Tracy just kept knocking down shots and knocking down shots. In my mind, it was better than Reggie at MSG. If it was a playoff game, it would be more respected and had more national pub.