1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ric Bucher: I dont see a Tmac-led team winning a chip, EVER

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Chronz, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Tmac really disappointed me this last playoff series. He showed his true colors. I also agree with Rich Bucher.

2. Asian Sensation

Give credit where credit is due. D-Wade Killed it.

3. The Brian

The Brian Member

if there wasn't a language barrier, i think he would be more of a leader.

4. tharges

tharges Member

Well put Ziggy, I totally agree. I don't see the love afair with McGrady, I thought in the second half last season however he really changed his game to be a better team player with good assist numbers. Hopefully this year Tracy and Yao will be healthy and Yao will be the player he was before his knee injury. I love the rockets like everyone here and there my team, but last years most embarrasing moment was when they lost to the Jazz and McGrady speech after the game with the fake tears and the drama. Please man up like Lebron, never an excuse about the play, the game, or his players. Lebron, Duncan, Garnett, Allen, B. Davis are leaders their teams rally around them. I think the rockets biggest problem is they have no leader on their team, no one is willing to take the lead and dominate. McGrady has flashes of it, but never consistent. If we don't win with the talent we have this year, we will all be wishing they would trade McGrady next. Why not look what Boston got for KG?

5. tharges

tharges Member

I agee, the language barrier and the fact is it his team? or macs team? Is mac the leader? he's such the gentle giant. He needs to get a little more americanized, somebody with the rockets needs to get him into some dre or tupac, lil wayne. WHAT! OK!

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Most recently? The Heat...

7. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Perciption is everything. people ten to judge you on you're track record. the facts are tracy and yao are 2nd round virgins. tracy never went to the 2nd round and the same with yao. people are allways gonna question them.

It's up to them to prove people wrong.if tracy and yao dont get far in the playoffs this year, i think it's time to blow this up. start over. we need people who thrive under pressure.

8. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

He had a ceretian shaq there with a great group of role players.

9. zhaozhilong

zhaozhilong Member

This time around, TMac should stop making public vows and promises yada yada yada. There is absolutely no need to make a statement and trying to show that you are confident. Just shut up and play to win. Don't brag before a battle about what you will do.

10. tharges

tharges Member

Blazer do you think Shaq can win a championship w/o Wade or Kobi?

Shaq is no fool he chose his teams wisely.

11. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

T-Mac showed his true colors? He has no heart? Stop putting all the blame on him. He didn't play as well as he should have, but then, who on our team did? Utah was shoving and pushing them all over the place and there was no pitbull to stand up for the Rockets. When he couldn't score, he was throwing touchdown passes left and right.

As I recall, Okur pretty much shut Yao down with some help from weakside blockers. Mehmet Okur: Shutdown Defender? I think not. Maybe if Yao could have gotten a rebound over Boozer (who he had boxed out) in the final moments of the Game 7, we could have had a chance to win it or tie it. Maybe Yao should go buy a heart, maybe he showed his true colors.

Take off your blinders and try to see the whole picture. It's unfair to place all that blame on T-mac then proclaim that if Yao was more Americanized or more vocal or meaner the Rockets would be better. Yao played like ****. Our role players played like ****. Don't place all the blame on one person.

12. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

In he's prime put shaq on a lottery team and the next season they would be contenders. however the current shaq no. the qestion here is cn kobe or wade win a ring without shaq. kobe and he's supposed killer instinct cant even get past the 1st round without shaq.

13. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I mentioned yao's flameout. both yao and tracy failed. horrendus. no doubt about it. however, people allways tend to jusge you on perciption. and the perciption right or wrong is tracy and yao are 2nd round virgins.

14. dback816

dback816 Member

Master of the Obvious...

15. Rockets#1fan

Rockets#1fan Member

I don't think wade or Kobe could win a championship without Shaq. No player alone can lead a team to a championship by themselves. T-Mac is a better leader/player then wade and wade won a championship.

16. Francis388

Francis388 Contributing Member

I do not agree 100 percent with what Ric Bucher said. However, the fact is that T-mac hasnt proven anything, and until he does, he will always be judged as a choker. Now, I wouldnt go as far as saying he will never win a championship, but I would say that he does need to prove himself. Sometimes, it seems with all of his talent, T-mac lacks some of that element that makes Kidd, Nash, Kobe, and Duncan winners (all of which, except kobe, have less talent than T-Mac)

17. bluesinsoul

bluesinsoul Member

Nowadays it's really really easy to come up a comment like this without being humiliated by the fact. I can easily claim that kobe and LBJ won't be able to lead their team to a championship neither. I will have a pretty good chance to look like genius to some dumb readers.

18. tharges

tharges Member

Lebron almost did. Shaq is big thats it! an elbow and a slam dunk. No shooting touch, can't handle the ball, looks clumsy, and the free throws? AT the end of a game when you needed a clutch shot who made them? Kobi, Wade, Lebron, & Mcgrady had a few himself. Shaq can't even play the end of games because of the free throw liability. Shaq chooses his teams wisley! but he still sucks.

19. tharges

tharges Member

I see a photoshop of the wizard of oz, Tracy the tin man, Yao the lion, Rafer as dorothy, franchise as toto, morey as the oz. Maybe I struck a nerve, you forgot fisher holding tracy in check.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Well said. Tracy is missing something these players you listed seem to have, and I'm not just talking about better teammates. He is soft.