1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac on 97.9

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by azoghbi, Aug 1, 2007.

1. tracyyao01

tracyyao01 Member

Ok i was gonna stop anyways.

and he plays forward at times anyways.

2. Kindger

Kindger Contributing Member

After I put 3 ID's on the ignore list, this thread finally became readable.

Thanks azoghbi for the recap of Tmac's radio interview and the info about the Fonde game.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't think it's necessarily inherent in the definition of a Point Guard that he has to be the playmaker of the team. Historically, I'd just randomly guess that there have been a realtively equal number of playmakers at every position. On the Rockets teams of the mid-90's, Hakeem was the primary playmaker, but calling him a Point Center would have been foolish. Basically, you'd just be calling any teams primary scorer / playmaker a Point [ ].

I think the primary characteristic of a Point Guard is being the ballhandler from one end of the court to the other, and starting plays, whether that's directing everyone where to go to get started, or as simple as handing the ball off to the primary playmaker.

Rafer did this more than T-Mac. The lack of offensive cohesion without Rafer is testament to it.

That said, T-Mac also did it a bit, too, especially in the 4th quarters. So he could really be called a Point Forward.

4. tracyyao01

tracyyao01 Member

many guys also do it in the 4th quarter

Pierce, Melo, VC, Kobe

if T-Mac is a point forward so are they.

5. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

no problem Kindger, at least someone is looking at the stuff I wrote. much appreciated.

6. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

100+ Replies? Wth

7. yaofan07

yaofan07 Member

Agreed thanks azoghbi, your fonde post was interesting

and who cares what label we put on T-Mac... He's a damn good BASKETBALL player. Can't we just all agree on that.

Both of you guys arguments suck... personally I don't think he's a point forward but if you wanna call him that there's a case to be made for that also.

and on a side note i was wondering how you had like 5000+ posts and were still a rookie, but now I know

8. tracyyao01

tracyyao01 Member

i'm sorry these guys got way out of hand.

I agree that T-MAc is a very good player and not a point forward. :)

9. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

I love Luther, but there wasn't much there to begin with. :)

10. tracyyao01

tracyyao01 Member

and for the guy who said T-MAc was a point forward in Orlando

you are by far the most unknowledgeable T-Mac fan in the world.

Here is how a magic Fan explained why he isn't when i asked him if he was During his Magic Run.

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nba&id=orl&tid=1113936&lid=30

With you asking us that type of question, I'll have to presume that you're either a Houston Rockets fan or just a T-Mac fan and not a regular in Orlando, correct? Just wondering...I also am a HUGE Tracy Mcgrady fan that lives in Orlando ( I get many mixed responses from my peers about that). To answer you question: I personally, being a T-mac fan, will have to say that he wasn't really much of the point forward player as Grant was (when he was playing). One main reason for that is Tracy mainly played the SG position. The reason I say that I didnt believe he was a point forward is, while he (McGrady) was here, he was mostly an offensive "beast" if you will. As you may have seen or heard, he would go about scoring bunches on a nightly basis. During his first 3 seasons here, he had players like Darrell Armstrong and other 1-guards that mainly distributed the ball. I believe that after his 2nd scoring title, his coaches encouraged him to pass the ball more so that his overall game would be more complete. During his 4th and final year, he did pass the ball very well. With the departure of Armstrong to the Hornets, Tracy had to take the role of being the filtrator of the basketball as well as a vocal leader. Point-forward? No. Very good scorer and passer, I would say so. Again, I get many mixed responses from my peers, possibly as well as many of you here. I could spend all my life typing or talking about why I believe he was a great player for the Magic even though he left us dry...but thats another story. Had he stayed here for at least half the season in the '04-'05 season and teamed up with Dwight, Jameer, and Turkoglu - We would have taken the EC by storm!...Thanks for listening, GO MAGIC!!!!!

11. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

What does it matter what "official" position McGrady plays? Point forward, point guard, he could be center for all I care, with Yao being the shooting guard. As long as we win while they're on the court, I'm happy. Damn.

12. tracyyao01

tracyyao01 Member

thanks and i agree with you 100%

Hes a very good basketball player and hes not a point forward. :)

13. tracyyao01

tracyyao01 Member

I agree with that as well.

I'm done with that conversation it looks like my side won.

:D

14. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Is T-Mac a point forward?

Who cares.

15. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Yeah, your side won cause you're arguing with yourself. blazer_ben put you on his ignore list and stopped arguing with you.

16. tracyyao01

tracyyao01 Member

because he knows he lost to me durvasa and hayesfan who ever is smart. ;)

17. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

Yeah because your argument was so compelling. Who could argue with a magic fan's opinion about what T-Mac is or is not? Crazy stuff

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

wow so i saw this thread and thought six pages, that must have been a heck of an interview. while i do appreciate the original post, the rest of this thread is the most mindless argument i've ever seen.

one guy thinks he owned somebody on proving tracy's not a point forward. huh? who gives a f#$k.

19. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Look, i'm done with him. whats so hard to understand. tracy does the majority of the ball handeling and the playmaking. rafer brings the ballup, from there it's tracy who does the ball handelling and playmaking. i'm done anyway.

You just have to see what sammy and brantoli say about him and he's behavior on the other sites. he acts like the little immature twit that he is.

20. bbjai

bbjai Member

I personally find this thread hilarious

especially since the All Star Voting has listed T-mac as a Guard and every lineup featuring T-mac on this board has him down at SG.
    Really I don't think it matters guys.........