1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming Interviews: Who do you believe?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 30, 2007.

Tags:
  1. declan32001

declan32001 Member

I would never say you "hate". :) Besides, you give me a little OT and it works like valium. Especially these days...

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

can somebody give me the five second version of what is going on? I have read a few of the threads but can make no sense of it.

3. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

the chinese media do not help yao get his message out here..they make him look bad...yao would never say bad things about anyone publicly...thats how you know its a fraud.

4. tsunami

tsunami Member

That's exactly I meant. That article and its translation simply damages Yao's image. I am not sure the exact meaning of "jealous" in Chinese, but this word in English is so negative and simply put Yao in an embarrassing situation.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

there was that earlier fake mcgrady interview. now there's a dispute over a translation of a yao ming interview here http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=132901

the yao ming maniacs forum must be broke or something since they're raging a pro-pruyen v anti-pruyen war here.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It reminds me of in Halo 2 when the covenant fractured and the Brutes & Jackals and Drones were fighting the Elites and Grunts and Hunters

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Good grief tinman you've been posting here for 28 years please learn how to resize images.

8. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Ok, the term in the Chinese article is "妒忌"
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2007-07-30/02503070389.shtml

Check the chinese-english dictionary:
    http://www.mandarintools.com/cgi-bin/wordlook.pl?word=妒忌&searchtype=chinese&where=whole&audio=on

Any good chinese-english dictionary gives you the same translation of "妒忌" as jealous/jealousy and nothing else. "妒忌" is a very straight forward term. Any usages on the words "妒忌" give you the meaning of jealous/jealousy.

Pryuen does a very honest and trustful job in the translations.

For those chinese who think "妒忌" is envy (in chinese is "嫉妒" which means a resentful feeling for things others possess) or admire (in chinese is "赞叹" or "羡慕" which means to marvel at) are just some off-mark and wrong translations. Please at least use a more reliable Oxford Chinese-English dictionary.

9. plasmatree

plasmatree New Member

I am chinese, I agreed what you say,

Jealous in Chinese meaning quite a lot of things,
    good or bad,

From YaoMing's interview, the true meaning is that Yao wants to be as good as TMac, and can be Huston Rockets Hero, shot the last ball and take the win.

10. deshen

deshen Member

sina.com? a trash resource with faking news.

11. tsunami

tsunami Member

If that's the case, don't use "jealous".

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL! Fisher!

13. tinman

Supporting Member

the chinese media is wierd. plus they need to get some better cartoonist.
    even the southpark people could do better.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zaHyi3dyt4E"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zaHyi3dyt4E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

14. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

This thread is one of the least constructive threads around, is severely lacking in substance, and is an insult to the intelligence of Clutchfans posters.

Anyone is entitled to believe or disbelieve whatever they read. The Chinese media does not care what you think, and the same goes for the US media. Both do not have an entirely squeaky clean image as well. Just use your d@mn common sense in your reading, OK?

15. tinman

Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tcL717h_vCs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tcL717h_vCs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

16. Rainkky

Rainkky Member

I am a Chinese,but I am not communist. And I belive I will never be.
    But the Net Media is more ture than CCTV. :(

17. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

tinman, i believe that 'JustWannaChill' wants you to go and purchase a WWPD (What Would Pryuen Do?) bracelet straight away.

There are chinese articles that Pryuen translates which are fake, but that's not his fault, he's just relaying it to the clutchfans community. I could care less about his at times over-zealous obsession with Yao Ming, as long as he keeps posting new articles. As long as he provides an alternative source of info, then I'm down with him posting a new article every so often. It's up to us, the readers, to determine whether or not to believe in what Pryuen posts. It's bogus a lot of the time, and it can be annoying (like that bull**** T-Mac 'interview') but Pryuen works hard, and he does it for Yao...and us (I think). So let's all just sit back and appreciate Pryuen and his complete and utter devotion to Yao.

What should Pryuen do, JustWannaChill? Chill.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Pryuen = Steve Francis

You love the guy, but sometimes he's stuck playing isolation or forgets the shot clock, when he's good he's great, when he's bad, you want him to pass the ball to Yao