1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Get Together

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sishir Chang, Jul 6, 2007.

1. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Don't be lazy! Go hang with Sishir! Gotta represent, baby!!! :cool:

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Sorry I didn't make it out last night, Sishir. Let me know if something else is going down and I'll try again.

3. Batman Jones

Oh, p.s.

It's a lot more likely I'd find my way over to Rudyards or some similar place than to, say, BW3.

4. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

That's exactly what Pasox said about you. He didn't think you would come out to a "Frat" place.

Still am interested in verifying the myth of Batman Jones too but like I told FFB I'm not too certain about my availability. Email me and I will see what I can do.

FFB, email on the way.

5. Sishir Chang

It was a lot of fun and I sorry for not getting the name straight. Actually that guy whooped my ass in pool. Like the Stros I ended up being my own worst enemy and had a string of scratches.

6. Fatty FatBastard

Oh, p.p.s. I don't do the Rudyards thing. Never any women there.

I'll be headed to Maggianos and the Black Swan tonight. With a ton of women. That's how I roll.

7. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

No sweat. What happens in Pearland stays in Pearland.
    Thanks again for coming out, and have fun on the rest of your visit. I definitely recommend hooking up with El Batman Mejor at Rudz. Having met both of you I'm sure you will hit it off, and Sishir you will definitely enjoy Rudz! :)

8. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

when you heading up to nyc?
    and sishir, don't know if you ever make it up this way but if you do the beers are on me.

9. Batman Jones

LOL at the idea of being a Rudz/Pearl Bar snob. Is that even possible?

I've been to BW3 a couple times for CF hangouts. Whatever. It's an okay place to watch a game, but I'm vegan and I drink Lone Star and Pearl. Seems kind of silly to pay extra to do it in some kind of playground.

Fatty: There are plenty of women at Rudz. Maybe you can't tell because none of them have fake t***. Anyway, I'm very happy with my girlfriend so that's not a criteria for me. And even when I was single I didn't go to cf.net gatherings to score loose Betty's. I like Rudz cause it's close to home, the beer's cheap, the bartenders are cool, the crowd is chill, there are no obnoxious drunk amateurs and they have darts and pool.

10. Batman Jones

Oh, p.s. to thegary.

I don't know when I'll be in New York next. No plans of late, but I always wind up there somehow. I'll let you know for sure.

11. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

dude, i'm just messing with you. i'm the same, give me a dive anyday over some corporate bull**** bar. however, this was just about meeting sishir, my guess is that he is cooler than BW3.

now next time you're in the city come on out to brooklyn if you want the real deal. manhattan is a playground for the rich and for tourists, it kinda sucks nowadays. in fact, come on out to my place and we'll fill a cooler full of beer and sit on my roof deck and watch the world go by.

12. Batman Jones

That sounds rad, thegary. Will do.

I'd love to meet Sishir. I fully intended to stop by there last night but I had somewhere to be with my girlfriend at 8 and it just didn't time out right to drive to the Village right before.

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Oh I'm gonna be there too. Just try not to grab my ass tonight.

14. Sishir Chang

Actually I've got a couple of very close friends who are in NYC who I owe a visit too and will likely be there sometime this year.

Would be certainly interesting meeting you, Sam Fisher, McMark, Hotballa and even Basso. (hopefully better luck than my planning for this last clutchfans gettogether.)

I would invite y'all up to Minnesota but like that will every happen...

#114 Sishir Chang, Jul 21, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  15. Sishir Chang

Just a followup:

Sorry Fatty I missed you on Sat. night things got a little confused but thanks for the call and again my offer of buying you and BJ a round if I ever see you guys stands open.

Batman Jones, sorry I didn't get your email until today since I was travelling all day yesterday. As it happens I did end up at Rudyards late Sat. night where Jeff's band Orange is In was playing. So while I didn't get a chance to meet two other legendary Clutchfans I did get to meet another one and the guy who saved the Rockets..

Its kind of interesting listening to Batman Jones and FFB talk about which bars they go to and why. Kind of the Ego and Id, or quantity vs quality of the Houston bar scene. You guys should write a Houston nightlife guide book. Considering your different takes on why you go out it would be a great read..