1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was 911 an Inside Job?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROCKET RY, Jul 13, 2007.

1. ROCKET RY

ROCKET RY Contributing Member

ofcourse you do

2. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Over the course of this thread, you have been pretty condescending to those who differ in opinion (calling them robots, etc).

Only cry that cry when your hands are clean.

3. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Here you go bro...

-all 567 pages of The 9/11 Commission Report. Put down your Harry Potter and read it this weekend.

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

also, you might want to check out www.nist.gov as well

and if anyone links me to one more page with the same quotes from firefighters on 9/11 claiming they heard explosions, or Silverstein saying "pull it", or any one of Alex Jones' websites, prisonplanet, 911blog, or loose ****ing change I am going to lose faith in the human race...

5. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Lighten up, Francis.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hey, he included a "winkie." And as for the Republican comment, a few here fit the description of being propaganda mouthpieces for the Administration, and being knee-jerk Democrat attackers, but SM isn't one of them. I'm a liberal Democrat, and I don't agree with you.

D&D. Impeach Bush and Cheney.

7. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

can you show me the part where it talks about building 7?

8. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

People are free to believe what they want to believe and I will agree that we may never know all of the facts about 9/11. That said the fact that a signifigant number of people believe there was a conspiracy on 9/11 still doesn't in itself prove that there was a conspiracy.

As other posters and myself have noted there have been a wealth of investigations done and the conclusions they drawn seem very plausible. The problem I have with almost all of the conspiracy theories is that they either rely on selective reading of the facts or a misunderstanding of construction. Its not a matter of just agreeing with the majority or disagreeing with the minority but whether either of those opinions make sense.

This extends to a practically every issue from Evolution, Global Warming to wether the Rockets will do better with or without Steve Francis. While the fact that more people agree with one opinion has some weight you still need to consider what is the basis for forming those opinions.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Nope.

10. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Thanks Deck you dirty commie b*stard. :D

11. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

I think you're weakening your argument by throwing in Global Warming.

While it's clear we are in a warming trend, I don't see many people pulling up specific details that show it's man made, so that is a little different. And it's my biggest criticism of the movement. If you really want people to take it seriously, then people need to talk about the proof - not just what certain organizations say....

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You're Welcome! :D

D&D. IMPEACH Bush and Cheney!

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

this has probably been addressed at some point in this thread but...

you really think bush can mastermind the most diabolical operation in american history by organizing 9/11 with no leaks but he can't figure out a plan in iraq? the admin has continually proven to be incompetent with planning yet you give them enough credit to pull this off....makes no sense to me.

14. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/releases/wtc_062907.html

15. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

"Do the orders still stand?"
    "Of course they still stand."

I don't know the particular time period of the Cheney orders, but it's likely that the orders were to shoot down one of the planes.
    I've always believed that the plane that crashed into the field was likely shot down by the military. It would have been the right decision, but I can see the govt covering that up with the aid of the phone conversations on the plane giving a believable reason for the plane crashing to the ground.
    Knowing the intended use of the plane, since the towers were already hit, they would have HAD to have military jets in the area by that time, to bring the plane down.

16. Refman

Had the military shot that plave down, the wresckage would not have been in as good of shape as it was in. They would have blown it out of the sky.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

An insult is the weapon of choice for people who are uninformed, yet want to feel like they're 'in-the-know'. Relax NewYorker, you are as clueless as the rest of us. 9/11 is a big unknown, period. If you say you KNOW, then you probably also KNOW that God exists and KNOW what happens when you die and generally know more than others. Great, grand. I'm sure you are a peach to work with.

What's wrong with admitting that you can't make a decision because you do not have enough information?

Yes or No, you are an idiot. Undecided is where it's at. Peace.

Now I go back into silence for months so that I can't read a smarter and more informed rebuttal.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I rarely argee with you, but you are 100% correct with this statement. You have to be a complete IDIOT to believe 911 was an inside job. You people make me sick

19. tulexan

tulexan Member

I'm not saying that the government shot down that plane, but taking a plane down does not require using a missile to blow it out of the sky. All they would have to do is take an engine out with either a dummy missile or the plane's guns.

20. Refman

While that is true, I doubt highly that they thought that much about it. I would think they were reactionary. Had they shot it down over open, largely uninhabited land, they would have blown it out of the sky before it had a chance to cruise over an urban area.

Just my thoughts.