1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Shai vs. Luka as the Mavericks try to even the series in OKC. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

6/14/2007-- The day music (of SF3 return) dies?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ooliverb1, Jun 15, 2007.

1. slpntz

slpntz Member

Say no to Francis. I'd rather have Chucky Atkins or Jarret Jack.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Agreed, if it were 2004.

3. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

No Francis. No Artest. No Bonzi.

They are crazy talented, yes. But our chemistry will go straight to hell. Now that Francis is out of the question we can move on to the No Artest petition. Seems like a lot of you guys are forgetting what kind of headcases these people were.

We all know the kind of stuff they do so no need to reiterate here. People here forget way too quickly. Especially Bonzi. We just saw how stupid he can get a couple of months ago first hand and don't blame it on JVG either. The guy showed no heart from the beginning.

4. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Please don't put Stevie in the group as Bonzi and Artest when you talk about team chemistry.

Tell me how Stevie messed up chemistry when he was here? Only thing close to it was the Super Bowl thing. What else? You may not like his playing style, but he plays with all his heart!

5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i agree w/ your comments about james and if forced b/t the two i would go w/ francis, but i dont think either is a good fit w/ this team or the kind of player we need if we want to have a fluid offense w/ lots of ball movement a'la adlemans kings teams.

ive only been skimming thru the sticky thread about james, but i havent seen more than a couple people that i agree with regarding the guy. i honestly dont see why everyone is getting so worked up about him. i think alot of people and the rox management severely overrate him. he is like the rockets holy grail or something. but he is a poor mans francis, which makes him a poor mans poor mans marbury, which makes him a poor mans poor mans poor mans iverson.

the guy is a punk - the no trade clause he pulled on the rockets last season should have clued the team in on the fact that they just dont need to every have anything to do with him again.

the best part of that deal was dumping juwon.

and bringing artest on would be another horrible move. he is a bad person and a team cancer. i would be hugely disappointed if the rockets brought him on to the point where i might find myself renouncing the team ive followed all my life.

we obviously really need to focus on the power forward spot and anyone who thinks that the two we have left can cut the mustard better be prepared for another first round exit.

6. runninhorns

runninhorns Rookie

what if sf is bought out?

what if sf is bought out?

do we still want him now that we have mike james if he's available for the vet's minimum? or do we go after someone like artetst?

7. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

We are overstocked with guards..go for Artest seems more reasonable and a starting PF

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

unless rafer and a few other guards are traded for some fowards (making room for steve) there is no reason to bring him back.

9. awo86

awo86 Rookie

chris sheriden mentions in his chat that the rockets will likely put together a package with rafer in it if they were to get ron artest. guess that's good news in case francis is indeed bought out, also a chance for v-span.

10. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

hmm i rather keep rafer than v-span..but thats just me

11. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

with rafer you know what you get a shoot first pg who can't shot

span is still a mystery and worth the time to figure out

12. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

What's sad is that some of the folks around here refer to those days as the good ole days. Ugh. So boring.

13. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Wrong. With Rafer, you get a medicore shooter with a great handles and given that should be able to drive to the basket. It was JVG who told him to shoot, Rafer only ever shot a three when the shot clock was down or if he was open.

14. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

Rafer's 'great handles' really doesn't bring anything to the team besides bringing the ball up and handing off to McGrady. If you can't score, rebound, block shots, or create for open shots for others, you suck.

15. alex_jr

alex_jr Member

Drive and throw a teardrop that misses while avoiding to take contact?
    Not much point is there...

Let's ignore the 3pt shot for a sec and check the percentages for 2pt shots . Drives and midrange jumpers...

JLIII 48.4
    Head 43.1
    Span 41.9
    Alston 38.9

His 2pt shot is almost worse than his 3pt shot. I'd tell him to shoot only 3s as well....

16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I am expecting it!! So we might still see the fRanchise!

17. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

i firmly believe sf3 has lots of basketball left ahead of him. the man is faster than anyone we have on our team right now. next to t-mac and yao, sf3 is bound to succeed. he would be great in adelman's offense. if he is available cheap, and we dont sign him, it would be one of the stupidest moves in rocket history (along with the rashard non-draft, eddie griffin trade, and horry trade).

we are getting ahead of ourselves though. lets see him get bought-out first. it would definately be a low-risk, high reward situation.

18. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

You consider trading Horry for Barkley (who got us past Seattle and into the Western Conference Finals) a worse move than TRADING MOSES MALONE, who won the Finals and NBA MVP the next year?

Sober up.

Oh, and Francis is DONE. Take it from someone who has endured way too much Knicks hoops the past year. Let it go already.

19. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

remember the days when francis was called 'wink'? that nickname died out real quick.

20. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

rafer sucks and we are stuck with him until we find someone to pawn him off on or until we find someone better to start