1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is Yao's signature move?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dragon167, May 6, 2007.

1. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

Spin baseline and dunk....... I honestly dont remember he has made ONE successfully since he returned from the injury. Do you think he has lost his quickness (yeah I know still very limited before the injury!!!)? Do you think he can regain it?

2. blackistan

blackistan Member

He doesn't have one thats why he needs to get some help from Dream

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's a toss-up between the "stripped, turn and whine" and the "toss the ball away, look at floor and swear"

4. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

This is the hardest I've laughed all day.

5. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

He needs to bring back the "awww shucks" clap.

6. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

He's added the new "bang your head repetitively with your fist" move to his repertoire in this series. I also noticed him working on the "kick the ground with your right foot" move.

7. runninhorns

runninhorns Rookie

yao's signature move is falling on the floor

8. Rockets64

Rockets64 Member

I believe he did that move on Millsap. I forgot what the result was. I remember it was a good one though. Either it was a dunk or he got fouled.

9. goyao11

goyao11 Member

yao's signature move during the series was looking depressed after a combination of getting dunked on by Carlos Boozer and getting the sht rejected outta him by Kirilenko.

i still <3 Yao, JVG, JHo, and Raf despite all thier flaws :)

10. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Watched Tim Duncan against the Suns and he basically catches the ball on the same side and the same place as Yao does. The difference between Duncan and Yao is obviously speed. However, Duncan instead of playing backwards, will turn around and face his opponent and then use a variety of shake and bake moves to fake his defender out and go strong to the hole. Yao just plays with his back to the bucket and tries that spin move that he broadcasts to every defender he plays. He also typically goes left toward the center of the lane so he can shoot the quick fadeaway or dunk the ball.

A few shake and bake moves like he had with Rudy T would help. Turning around to face your defender would help too. Whatever happened to the Shanghai Shake?

11. Enron

Enron Member

When Okur stated around game 2 or 3 that he knew all of Yao's moves I knew things were gonna get bad. It was sad seeing Yao get blocked so many times too.

12. Panda

Panda Member

His signature move has moved from the Shanghai Shake to Bump Bump Throw Up a Shot.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

His signiture move is the turnover

14. Barkley

Barkley Member

He did not do it since injury. Only fade away jumpers...
    I think he can regain it but he has to work hard in the offseason

15. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

The fade away jumper is now his only move. I guess it is qualified as signature.

16. rocketsmetalspd

Nice that the comic relief is still going on but you will all see a different Yao that will be free to play not play like the robot that JVG has created. I like the Yao that Rudy had playing for him do all remeber that. One that had fun playing, passing, spin moves, and hitting a three. I can't for next season when a new coach will allow Yao to be Yao not Shaq and all you jokers will be put in your place. GO ROCKETS!!!

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I like the one where he gets the ball in the post, stands there for 6 seconds trying to decide what to do, then dribbles it off his foot and whines to the refs.

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

please be more specific

19. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Yao had alot of trouble because when he turns to back a defender down his shoulder his their face making it easier for the defender to flop and draw offensive fouls. Hopefully he can work on his drop step's and at getting a closer post position to start off with. Also a ball fake on teams that are actually blocking his shot.... I mean he is 7'5, the only way he gots blocked is with perfect timing and with a ball fake and lean into the defender he would have drawn alot more fouls.

One thing I never really understood was the super high pick and roll with Yao at the 3 point line. It just seemed like alot of running for Yao who is not particularly great at catching the ball on the run and finishing in traffic. If he isn't catching the ball right next to the hoop on the pick and roll he isn't likely to score. It always seemed to me like the play would have been alot more effective running the pick and roll around the free throw line instead of the 3 point line. Because if the pick results in a 3 pt shot Yao is too far away to rebound and Yao's lack of speed makes it easier for defenders to recover by the time he gets from the 3 pt line to near the basket.

20. HarmLess168

HarmLess168 Member

Ahh yes.... the sound of HATRED.

Since Yao sucks so much, why not petition to have him traded away? I mean the guy is obviously a useless piece of crap whose only moves are the "handclap of frustration" and "get stripped and whine"!

I mean, we certainly expected him to get back to 100% after a sissy bone fracture on his leg right? What kind of a weakass athlete is that? And he ONLY goes to the gym right after a game to train? What a lazy mofo! He should be training at courtside while in a game too!

The guys is so damn soft that he continues to challenge shots even though he gets posterized once every few games. What a fool! He should be avoiding getting dunked on!

Yes trade his useless lazy ass somewhere else and get someone who has actual talent and is REALLY dedicated to this team.

And in case some of you don't realize it, I'm being sarcastic! :mad: