1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't worry about Game 3 anymore

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sohrab, Apr 27, 2007.

1. sohrab

sohrab Member

Game 3 was a disaster, but let's get over it. Look at it this way: that game was an offensive anomaly. It is obviously not normal for a team to have only four of its players score in the entire game. They also were able to win due to the refs letting them play physical. If they wanted, they could have called a foul on literally every play. We also did everything we could to lose: high turnovers, missed FT's, etc.

These guys are professionals... you will not have another game 3 type appearance tomorrow night. It just doesn't happen like that twice in a row.

We are still the best defensive team in the league... no question in my mind about that.

With all these bad factors, we were still in a position to steal the game with 5 mins to go in the 4th.

Given all this... I think we have a good chance to win Game 4. Remember, we just have to take one on the road... the pressure is still on Utah.

Also, a note - Yao needs to get a technical in game 4. These guys are hacking on him every chance they get, even after fouls are called... they are trying to intimidate him. It's time he maybe shoves Giricek on his ass when he tries to help. Send a message.

2. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Member

im way over it now, man i cant wait for game 4

3. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Well better game than 3 than game 7...

4. life_chen

life_chen Contributing Member

I am just getting ready for Game 4.

5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Seriously, this BBS needs to ease up and learn how to take a loss (even a bad one).

We were never just going to sweep our way to the title. Take the kick to the gut and move on.

Evan

6. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Member

yes even on our championship runs we had losses in the playoffs that stung. every team goes thru it. how do you think spurs fans felt when they had a 2-0 lead on pistons and then just like that pistons tied it 2-2. we are now in utah and they won game 3 no big deal we are still up 2-1. and if we win game 4 tomorrow our fans will go bananas. GO ROCKETS :p ;)

7. joeguo

joeguo Contributing Member

In history, Teams lost 70% of Game 3 if they were up 2-0. Suns lost last night too.

8. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Yeah, no kidding. There was no way we were sweeping them. People need to chill and stop playing the blame game. Move on!

9. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Member

im not surprised, i have been watching the nba for about 15 years now and i seen this scenario too many times

10. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Our own playoff experience the last few years is a testament to this:

Lakers up 2-0 against us in 04, we win game 3

Us up 2-0 against the Mavs in 05, they win game 3

The trend that has to stop is us losing the series.

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

whate game 3 :confused:

12. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

never say never.

13. Sextuple Double

The Rockets never showed up in Game 3.

14. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Game 3? We already had game 3? No way! ;)

15. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

No kidding... that SURE wasn't our team playing last night. Let's hope they show for game 4.

GO ROCKETS!

16. Barkley

Barkley Member

I'm really looking forward it too :D

17. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Actually, when someone flops on him or hacks him, I say come back down the court next time and make him earn it.

Lots of big men have made comments about if someone is going to take a charge from them that they will make them feel it. I don't think it always should be that way, but Yao is abused and crushing one or two players will end some of that.

18. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

I was over it before the game began. I was sure it was a loss so on to game 4.

19. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

I've always heard it said, "They pay the other team's players, too." ;)

Good wake up call. Hopefully every round has just 1. :cool:

20. rv2843

rv2843 Member

I am going to make some arragement so that I cann't watch the game. Rockets offense SUCKs big time, and my nerve couldn't handle it anymore :rolleyes: