1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

According to Blinebury... no Yao or T-mac tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GMNot, Apr 18, 2007.

1. fredthered

fredthered Member

Defending the Pick and Roll perhaps?

2. alex_jr

alex_jr Member

so, 1 assist and 0 turnovers?

Seems possible :)

3. Astockmarketgod

if Tmac or Yao got hurt in the mean nothing last game of the season

you think JVG would be here next season???

4. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope Battier gets some rest - I think his shooting woes in the previous games (before the last two) were because his legs were tired. Let him start and then don't play him in the 2nd or 4th quarter at all.

5. dfwrox

dfwrox Contributing Member

I think Juwan will be the first option. But this sure is a good news.

6. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Lucus
    Billy
    Snyder
    Novak
    Jake

poor poor Utah

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am so relieved. If they had been injured or suspended in a meaningless game, I would have had very hard feelings against JVG. The smart move for sure. Great news! I would have left them in Houston.

8. Yakapo

Yakapo Member

Wouldn't it be sweet if our scrubs beat their starters?

Houston's scrubs by 4. :D

9. FFz

FFz Member

I think we'll see a whole crapload of yao and tmac high pick and rolls from now until the end of playoffs esp during the 4th quarter if yao looks tired. that play is money. Remember the battier 3 against clippers? I think JVG purposely saved that play for use only in close 4th quarter situations so we can use it in playoffs without other teams having much experience with it. Think about it... Yao and t-mac pick and roll with chuck hayes waiting for layups or screening the guards so luther and battier on the corners can get a wide open 3. Thats unguardable!

10. Docsdock

Docsdock Member

Let Sura suit up and play. One final basket--what a wonderful way to end an impressive career. JVG, do it :) :) :)

11. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

knock on wood for rafer and shane.

let's talk about someone like vspan instead..

VSPAn will NEVER get injured.. neither will jake.. they are too strong to get injured.

12. 2rings

2rings Member

I have to agree. You really have to question why any starter would be getting extended minutes in a meaningless game. Especially one that isn't even at TC. So the "paying customers" JVG is worrying about insulting aren't even Rox fans. They are Jazz fans. And I think we can all agree they deserve to be insulted as a collective group. That, or collectively slapped.

13. zhangstein

zhangstein Member

A little bit of Vspan is what I want
    A little bit of Jake under the post
    A little bit of J Lo is all I need
    A little bit of Snyder is what I see
    A little bit of Novak all game long

14. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

No but our scrubs will beat their scrubs, I do not expect Utah starters to play heavy minutes either.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

I would start VSpan, Novak, Jake, Synder and JIII. Play them til they drop. They will get plenty of rest during the playoffs.

16. yaominn

yaominn Member

yes,

that team may just beat jazz, badly, rememeber that game vs lakers? our bench of the bench players are actually pretty good if they are free to play 'unstructured' bball. all 5 of them capabale of scoring 20+ pts.

JVG may find a secret weapon tonight.

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

there's no team out there that is resting every single one of their starters. playing rafer, shane, and chuck shouldn't be an issue to anyone.

18. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Thank the lord. I was really beginning to wonder with all the threads saying JVG was going to play the starters tonight.

Makes no sense for a meaningless game that has no influence on HCA or conference standings of other teams. If the game say affected whether another team made the playoffs or the standings, I could see JVG playing the starters. I thought it sucked that Avery didn't play his starters against SF and affected whether the Clips make the playoffs or not.

Looking forward to seeing VSpan and Novak but I think JVG has to deactivate someone for Novak to be eligible.

19. Fuse

Fuse Member

that's crazy... so instead of wearing out our star players, we wear out our key role players and first players that come off the bench? If anything I would start out the players on the bench.

20. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Luther! Luther! Luther! Luther!

Head's going to pull a Kobe and single-handedly dominate the Jazz on offense.