1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game Tidbit about Losing Attitudes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Jan 1, 2000.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Popeye has been the leader reminding us all to keep an eye out for losing attitudes (the type of play that shows up in lottery teams in April, and if repeated too often, can also appear in fall camp and entire seasons).

Here's an example from the Clippers game. Mo Taylor has a great personal game. When he sits with 4 minutes left for garbage time, he decides not to watch the remainder of the game and limps to the locker room for an early massage or whatever.

Taylor wants out. He showed little defense movment, but had a great low post offensive game....so what...does he want to win. Then he gripes about Kandi in the paper.

Taylor could be a winner. I not saying my one game observation means he doesn't care. Just pointing out that the Clipper organization, for reasons I don't really follow, suck the winning attitude out of their players.

That's what a losing cancer can do to an organization. Success in the NBA is both talent and the desire to give a complete team effort. Taylor will likely come away from LA with little experience in team effort, because that team just doesn't have any on defense from what I saw.

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited January 01, 2000).]

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I dont think winning is all that important to him. If the clippers offer him a big contract then he will take that in a second. I could be wrong ... But he is looking for a team that can offer him the most, no matter where it is he will go.

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

How would your attitude be if you had to play for the Clippers? Just kidding there.

Seriously, Francis3 may be right about Mo only wanting $$$, but the truth is the guy can play. I'd still personally rather have Othella back!

------------------
    There is no offense without a good defense.